Pre-season 2014/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Guys, Good Luck with S McKernan and Petrenko if you pick em up. They are good blokes, and can be solid contributors if they get it right. Hope they work out, and can continue to have a career in the AFL. Just never found their niche at the Crows, but did both at times provide a few highlights.

Some more pics up on getty images
http://www.gettyimages.com.au/Searc...B&family=editorial&assetType=image&p=st+kilda

458415074-arryn-siposs-runs-laps-during-a-st-kilda-gettyimages.jpg

Markworth, looking bigger

Looks in terrific condition actually. Also appears a lot taller than a lot of other players supposed to be around his height as well. Would not be surprised if he is 192/193cm now. With his pace and agility could really be a hard match up if he puts it together.

Have a good feeling one (hopefully both) of Markworth and Ross can cement a spot this year. Have been hard on Ross in the past, but I am slowly coming around. Would be a massive bonus if one or both of these guys made it.

Not to be a negative nelly, but au contrair, I thought he still looks unfit and - damningly, still looks to have no real muscle definition.
Agreed, especially since he's running alongside someone who's done one AFL pre season (even if he is man child)

And that photo of Longer is not at all flattering :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to be a negative nelly, but au contrair, I thought he still looks unfit and - damningly, still looks to have no real muscle definition.
Sippa is in real trouble I think. He is going to have to improve out of sight to get a game, or rely on injuries. His best position is the medium forward flanker type role, but realistically he is fighting for a spot against Membrey (much stronger), Markworth (much quicker), Murdoch (stronger & quicker) & possibly Lee if you don't count him as a key forward (much bigger). Sippa's biggest asset is his kicking, but Membrey, Murdoch & Lee are just as good kicks. Not sure if he could stake a claim to really having a better tank than any of these blokes either, and outside of Markworth is probably not as good a contested mark either. Murdoch & Markworth probably offer a bit more flexibility also.

Even if we were to try him on a half back flank again, he would be competing for a spot against Savage, Newnes, Webster, Wright, Gilbert (if he returns), Roberton, Shenton etc.

It is a shame for Sippa, because I think he does have some potential and would be a shame to lose him. Unfortunately, he is way way way back in the pecking order. I just can't see any position on the ground where he can cement a spot over our other young blokes, unless he somehow proves he can legitimately rotate through the midfield and be effective. He needs to run, run, run, this preseason.

I hope he can find a way into the team but it won't be easy for him. Good luck Sippa

Calling it now Arryn will become a regular in the Saints side kicking 25-30 for the year.

GO ON BOOKMARK IT.

ok i might regret this

Calling it now Arryn will become a regular in the Saints side kicking 25-30 for the year.

GO ON BOOKMARK IT.

ok i might regret this

my call earlier this year, in the big calls thread, was that stanley would prove everyone wrong... kind of got something back, he did improve and yeh he got us pick 21, but it wasnt really what i was after hahahaha

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-season 2014/2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back