Pre-Season 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys,

sorry to barge in, just wanted to get an update on how Mathieson and Gresham are tracking?

absolutely loved Mathieson as a junior so hope he kills it for you guys!!

Hey guys,

sorry to barge in, just wanted to get an update on how Mathieson and Gresham are tracking?

absolutely loved Mathieson as a junior so hope he kills it for you guys!!

Gresham is going good so far, easing into the workload like all youngsters.

Mathieson on the other hand is going as good as Griffen and Higgins are :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Speaking of Gresham, I listened to one of Geary's radio interviews and he said that Jade is a smooth mover and very impressive on the track.

He also compared Jade to Jack Lonie and expects him to play a lot of senior footy in 2016. :rainbow:
Could be a cross between Lonie and Billings..

Now THAT's a better story Jakey boy...

St Kilda recruit Jake Carlisle blasts unbeaten hundred for Turf Cricket side Craigieburn

December 13, 2015 11:06am
Tim MichellHume Leader

PRIZED St Kilda recruit Jake Carlisle proved his talents are not confined to the football field with an unbeaten century for Craigieburn’s Second XI on Saturday against Glenroy.

Carlisle, who played juniors for the Turf Cricket club, put his hand up to feature in the Round 6 match with his local side struggling for numbers.

The 24-year-old compiled an unbeaten 146, lifting the visitors to 9-326 at Sewell Reserve in the North A2 clash.

Craigieburn president Gerard Laffan said Carlisle was talented enough as a junior cricketer to attract attention from Victorian selectors.

“Jake was an exceptional (junior) sportsman, both with cricket and obviously football,” Laffan said.

“He played representative cricket throughout his junior career and was probably a candidate Cricket Victoria were looking at before he got drafted.”

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****. :(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Saint and ex-Magpie Nathan Freeman hamstrung again | theage.com.au
By JAKE NIALL

St Kilda recruit Nathan Freeman, the top 10 draft pick who was severely hamstrung in his brief career at Collingwood, has suffered another hamstring injury.

The Saints confirmed Freeman suffered a strain to his right hamstring – the same one that gave him the most trouble at Collingwood, which he sought a trade from at the end of the 2015 season.

But the Saints say this hamstring is a "regulation strain" and, fortunately, has occurred in a different part of the muscle to the area that caused him trouble at Collingwood.

St Kilda general manager of football performance Jamie Cox called the injury "a little setback" that the club medicos believed would be OK.

More at: http://m.theage.com.au/afl/injury-news/saint-and-exmagpie-nathan-freeman-hamstrung-again-20151216-.html

****. :(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Saint and ex-Magpie Nathan Freeman hamstrung again | theage.com.au
By JAKE NIALL

St Kilda recruit Nathan Freeman, the top 10 draft pick who was severely hamstrung in his brief career at Collingwood, has suffered another hamstring injury.

The Saints confirmed Freeman suffered a strain to his right hamstring – the same one that gave him the most trouble at Collingwood, which he sought a trade from at the end of the 2015 season.

But the Saints say this hamstring is a "regulation strain" and, fortunately, has occurred in a different part of the muscle to the area that caused him trouble at Collingwood.

St Kilda general manager of football performance Jamie Cox called the injury "a little setback" that the club medicos believed would be OK.

More at: http://m.theage.com.au/afl/injury-news/saint-and-exmagpie-nathan-freeman-hamstrung-again-20151216-.html
**** he'd be frustrated

Couldn't find a fantasy general talk thread so I'll ask here. As a mid only, what is Newnes upside for a DT keepers league? What's the chance of him becoming an elite DT Pig player?

My guess would be that he'll be selected every game if available, and we'd be hoping that he scores his best scores more consistently.
If that goes to plan i'd hope he scores more than 100 , maybe 12 times instead of 6 times.
Also worth noting he scored less than 80 six times in the first half of last season, but only 3 times in the second.

Hard to see more than an incremental upside, but he also seems to be fairly reliable low risk ( played 22 games last 2 seasons ).

so how is Acres tracking this offseason? Ive been waiting for him on come on in my DT Keepers for ages. Is 2016 going to be his breakout year?

Looks like it. Had a few niggling injuries over the past 2 years. Also needed to improve his match fitness, which it appears he has been working on to some success with good time trial results this pre-season. I'd bank on him having a breakout year.

AFL website is a joke. The 'how is your clubs preseason going' article spends 80% of the snippet related to St Kilda about the Jake Carlisle saga. How dare I expect some analysis and not gossip mag sensationalist trash from the league's own writers.

The AFL moan and grumble about the focus on negative stories, well if they wanna change the landscape they best start in their own backyard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-Season 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back