Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Prefer he attack the pack marks with more aggression than wrestle and try throw opponents around, hope that confidence has come with his strengh

It is different from when you played Grandpa, someone could be 6 foot 3 weigh 90 kegs and be a monster.

These days they actually need a few seasons to compete with the bigger bodies. I get what you mean by running under the ball, I do but I did that when I was smaller too. I have a fair bit of faith in this guy.

It is different from when you played Grandpa, someone could be 6 foot 3 weigh 90 kegs and be a monster.

These days they actually need a few seasons to compete with the bigger bodies. I get what you mean by running under the ball, I do but I did that when I was smaller too. I have a fair bit of faith in this guy.
We’ll just imagine being 202cm and 102 kgs 👅

how-wude-rude.gif

Don't miss out on the headlines from AFL News. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Follow
Darren Burgess has sent Adelaide into their Christmas breaks with a parting gift, putting them through a gruelling final training session for 2023.
The Crows endured two hours of running at Richmond Oval on Friday ahead of the club’s spell across the festive season.
In what might be the team’s most taxing session for the upcoming campaign, Adelaide high-performance boss Burgess had players run about 25 repetitions of 100m sprints from the goals to edge of the centre square on three different occasions, interspersed with two separate 1km dashes around the oval.
Small forward Ned McHenry, wingman Lachie Sholl and second-year midfielder Billy Dowling were among those constantly towards the front of the pack.
The last run for the day was a slowest to fastest handicap race around the oval, which McHenry stormed from the back to win.

All but a handful of players recovering from injury ran.

Half-back Wayne Milera (hamstring), key forward Elliott Himmelberg (hamstring), tall defender Nick Murray (knee), midfielder Harry Schoenberg (achilles) were not involved.

Milera did not finish Wednesday’s training session and spent most of Friday’s whipping battle ropes or doing resistance training on the sidelines.

He is expected to rejoin the main group in the new year.

Former captain Rory Sloane, who was on light duties earlier this week due to a minor hamstring problem, took part in the running.

Irishman Karl Gallagher’s three-week trial for a category B rookie spot is over. But the 21-year-old is expected to return to the club in the new year, either to continue staking his claim or with a contract. Gallagher, a Gaelic footballer for Monaghan, should sleep well on the plane home after being put through the two-hour running session.

McHenry and Josh Rachele’s leadership stood out when they rallied around the player who struggled most with the running. Third-year on-baller Zac Taylor lagged well behind the main group for almost the entirety of the last block of 100m dashes. McHenry stayed back a few times to jog alongside his teammate, encouraging him. During the handicap race, Taylor again was a long way back and it was fellow 2021 draftee Rachele who ran across the oval, from half-forward to the pocket, to support and finish with him.

Modern marketing. Its what the 18-24yo want these days. Lots of young girls think they are an influencer and no doubt some are piggy backing their AFL boyfriends names to try and make a name for themselves.

Kind of sad to see that this is the extent of a lot of younger people's ambitions these days, particularly that 18-25yo group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We definitely dodged a bullet with Oliver... charged by police and court date in Jan. Guy is off the rails.
How is he “off the rails”?

all he did was drive his car whilst his license is suspended due to him having a medical episode (seizure) a few months back..

thats not “off the rails”.. thats just the actions of a dopey moron..

We definitely dodged a bullet with Oliver... charged by police and court date in Jan. Guy is off the rails.
Pick him up on the cheap next year with the promise Burgess will get him back on track.

all he did was drive his car whilst his license is suspended due to him having a medical episode (seizure) a few months back..

Probably worst kept secret in Melbourne right now is that the part of your post that needed inverted commas the most was the "seizure"/"medical episode" part.

Agree with the dopey moron part though, and personally I wouldn't say he is off the rails as what he does isn't much out of "line" (WINK) with a lot of what many other young AFL stars with lots of money and minimal brains get up to. Media have really ran with it this off season.

P.s has anyone checked if he had a vomiting cat in the back seat?

Last edited:
If you drive a car when advised not to by a doctor, you're not only breaking the law, you're a completely deranged selfish, selfish idiot.

Clayton clearly needs help.

New town, new friends, new team, new expectations...new start. I think our club (and Burgess) could be precisely what is needed.

If you drive a car when advised not to by a doctor, you're not only breaking the law, you're a completely deranged selfish, selfish idiot.

New town, new friends, new team, new expectations...new start. I think our club (and Burgess) could be precisely what is needed.
It’s almost like the Stengle saga. Player does some naughties. Media latches on and tries to dig up any dirt they can. I highly doubt he’ll lose any form over these types of demeanours, assuming his health remains stable.

I love you've gone from calling him a deranged selfish idiot to wanting him on our team in just a couple of lines.

it'll be his manager's fault, told Clayton license was back but hadn't checked.

A hell of a lot of young blokes in their 20’s do dumb shit..

Now imagine how much dumb shit a young bloke in his 20’s who’s being payed a million dollars a year could get up to…

Seriously.. are half the crew were in here we are discussing this stuff with angels that were bought up in monestary’s?..

I mean… Who didnt do dumb shit in their 20’s..

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back