Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A few months ago when several posters in here were claiming we would be without Nick all season I wondered wtf they were talking about.. why?.

Nicks only a young lad..

a 32 year old Rory Sloane only took around 8 months to recover from his ACL.. he did it in mid April R5 in 2022 and was back playing in the inter club and west coast and freo trial games in Feb 2023..

Nick should definitely be back by mid season.. if not earlier.
20kgs heavier too.

Speaking of Behinds, at training has Rory Laird been instructed on how to pass the ball off to someone else when he anywhere near the goals because his kicking cost us games too.

Speaking of Behinds, at training has Rory Laird been instructed on how to pass the ball off to someone else when he anywhere near the goals because his kicking cost us games too.
If there's anyone in the team that needs this instruction it's Keays. Drives me mad how many low % shots he goes for.

It is unusual for a key defender or key forward to return from an ACL in less than 12 months AND be influential. Modra returned in less than 11 months but was eventually dropped after our first final in 1998. From memory Tex returned to the AFL 13 months after doing his ACL but he was very cautious in his approach (no leaping for pack marks) and took half a season to get anywhere near his best.

Nick Murray is a high leaping, pack crashing, kamikaze type of player. I don‘t expect Nick to make a meaningful contribution this year but I would love to be proven wrong.
If Murray can get back for the last part of the season, including hopefully finals... this will be a nice bonus.

In the meantime, we have a few candidates competing for the 3rd spot after Worrell & Murray (on return), so gives us am opportunity to look at our depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is unusual for a key defender or key forward to return from an ACL in less than 12 months AND be influential. Modra returned in less than 11 months but was eventually dropped after our first final in 1998. From memory Tex returned to the AFL 13 months after doing his ACL but he was very cautious in his approach (no leaping for pack marks) and took half a season to get anywhere near his best.

Nick Murray is a high leaping, pack crashing, kamikaze type of player. I don‘t expect Nick to make a meaningful contribution this year but I would love to be proven wrong.
Would normally agree but they getting better and faster at rehabbing these

Soccer and rugby league are 6-9 months and I think AFL can be done in 9 months if all things go well these days

Also depends on the player and Muz is a beauty and would have no doubt he’s smashing all his milestones

The turning and running back to goal as a key defender is definitely a challenge coming off an ACL

I’m gonna predict / say he’s back playing by around AFL round 10-12 but Obvs will start in sanfl

I know he has his knockers but I like Harry, just what a pure footballer should be, not afraid to bit off big chunk, sometimes he chokes, but there's also a lot of ":eyes: wow that was nice".
Was starting to hit his straps late last season so the injury was a real shame

Might make him understand professionalism and make him dedicate even harder for rest of his career though , silver linings

Can’t imagine training out in this kind of mid-to-high 30s heat. Amazing how elite athletes can train under all kinds of climates.
Well I have been chopping wood & pruning the neighbour's overhanging trees, so reckon these elite footballers should be ok. Keep up the fluids.

Was starting to hit his straps late last season so the injury was a real shame

Might make him understand professionalism and make him dedicate even harder for rest of his career though , silver linings

Going to be very very tough for Harry to come back IMO with an Achilles rupture.

4 years in the system, 57 games and has only shown brief flashes. Doubtful he plays in 2024 and would need everything to go right to have a chance at breaking into our squad in 2025.

Going to be very very tough for Harry to come back IMO with an Achilles rupture.

4 years in the system, 57 games and has only shown brief flashes. Doubtful he plays in 2024 and would need everything to go right to have a chance at breaking into our squad in 2025.

Usually a 6 month injury for a complete rupture which I believe Harrys was, so that wipes out the entire pre-season, so he goes to the back of the queue while he gets up to speed.
Just my opinion but I'd almost drawn a line threw his name before the injury. Sadly, I think you are right, he will be lucky if he makes it from here.

Harry is a low ceiling mid, will be a top SANFL player but not good enough to compete with the best mids at this level.
He's in the process of being overtaken by better skilled mids for sure. But I do like how he takes the ball while on the move and how he can (but admittedly doesn't always) hit f50 targets.

If i had to project, I'd say his up years he's good enough to be first injury mid replacement, in his down years depth.

Harry is a low ceiling mid, will be a top SANFL player but not good enough to compete with the best mids at this level.
Harry is useful depth, but no longer in the best side. Teams need depth.

Are there any players you like at the Crows? ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back