Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just my personal opinion, and maybe I am a bit biased after digging a few of them out, but people who plant palm trees (and yuccas) should be put to death.
I removed a ton of them from my front yard that the previous owner put in.

Absolute campaigner of a job. Hugely satisfying when the stump rips out though. Those things have some roots.

Interesting that the umpires have not made an appearance at training yet. I am sure this time last year there was more match sim than we have seen this season.

I reckon Sloane's going to struggle to get on the park tbh.
My prediction is the team will gift him rounds 1-6, he will play a role but do nothing spectacular. The kids in the 2's will be tearing the SANFL apart this season and the drums will be beating.

They will do a cop out "Rested" in round 7 or 8. Then bring him back for 2-3 weeks at the expense of a player who doesn't deserve to be dropped. Then by the bye round the noise around Sloane being done will be so loud they won't have a choice but to drop him to the 2's. Where he will stay for the remainder of his season.

They will likely bring him back for round 18 retirement game vs St Kilda, and that will be all she wrote for Rory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1887869
Love to see a side x side shot of max from last year.
i

vs Collingwood in April.

ASADA might come knocking!!

Where is this kids ceiling? Is he a long term lock down defender or is yhere flexibility were yet to see.

I think he will spend the next few years in that lock down defender role but will he be doing that in 5 years time?
Is it a problem for us that we have a team stacked with younger players with so much flexibility? Are we losing 3 of these kids in 4 years time because they all want more midfield minutes?

Where is this kids ceiling? Is he a long term lock down defender or is yhere flexibility were yet to see.

I think he will spend the next few years in that lock down defender role but will he be doing that in 5 years time?
He is a shutdown first defender that can drive the other way .

He doesn't need much coaching .

Is it a problem for us that we have a team stacked with younger players with so much flexibility? Are we losing 3 of these kids in 4 years time because they all want more midfield minutes?

Doubt it. Most players are happy to play their role. It’s not like Max or even Hinge etc have come through as ball hunting mids - they are playing the roles they have come through the system in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Max looking noticeably more ripped than last year. There was photo from another angle where he looked the same as last year but the side-on photo clearly shows he's bigger now.

Have you seen/noticed this lads composure in heavy traffic with ball in hand and his disposal under pressure?.. and, when he hasnt got the ball, his efforts to blanket his opponents?

Its elite. dawson like.

Real nice burst of pace too.

Midfield.

based on?

lots of similarities between 2016 and 2022

Sloane's own words regarding not having had any negative feedback or discussions on playing SANFL and saying that would be years away, if at all. Plus the way Nicks chose to rest him as sub and manufactured the game day change instead of Sloane being shown as 'omitted'. We went out of our way to protect his ego late last year, no way we dump him in the suburban league a few rounds later. He's got a season of being carried regardless of how bad he's going and it's clear that the coaches loved what he was bringing last year.

Hope I'm wrong, but it's unlikely. Reckon injury is the only variable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back