Training Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

So is Melbourne and Essendons and they're holding an open training session no difference..

Yeah but our game plan might be a little but more complex than hide in the shade and bang some random shit up your arms

452782_6cb2d1e33c5560ae4888bec4fb0976cc.jpg
GettyImages-874308026.jpg

Somebody on the Blues board has asked mummy if they can use the computer again:rolleyes:
Sure hope it was the first one that has been photoshopped.

Have a look on their sites then. Both are training camps and holding open training sessions.
You really believe that any AFL club is going to train their gameplan and strategy in an open training session...

Can't say I agree on the comment of Steele being better then Sloane this year, Sloane would easily fit into a starting midfield position for us.

Agree Armitage gets written off too easily, if he gets on top of injuries he is straight into starting 22 even if that's coming off the bench.

Josh Kelly 2020 surely has to be on the radar for the club out of all of the potential options?

Here's hoping the young recruits come along nicely with their development. No finals action this year will be a disaster for attracting future talent as well as financials/membership etc not to mention for the sanity of us supporters!!!

Can't say I agree on the comment of Steele being better then Sloane this year, Sloane would easily fit into a starting midfield position for us.

Agree Armitage gets written off too easily, if he gets on top of injuries he is straight into starting 22 even if that's coming off the bench.

Josh Kelly 2020 surely has to be on the radar for the club out of all of the potential options?

Here's hoping the young recruits come along nicely with their development. No finals action this year will be a disaster for attracting future talent as well as financials/membership etc not to mention for the sanity of us supporters!!!
natural improvement in our young players we could be top 4 , Sloane will be 28 before season starts - so if he came to us next year he would be 29 , I would rather a guy who was younger - lets see how much of a super star he is this year

Just a quick thought on our early forward line set up.

With both paddy and bruce having slow starts to preseason can we afford to play both? Maybe a mobile fwd line around paddy.

HF billings Battle Membrey
FF weller Paddy long/resting mid/acres

Just a quick thought on our early forward line set up.

With both paddy and bruce having slow starts to preseason can we afford to play both? Maybe a mobile fwd line around paddy.

HF billings Battle Membrey
FF weller Paddy long/resting mid/acres
Bruce in leadership group, gives his everything not massively talented, he's gotta be given the shot.

Lock this forward line in:

HF: Billings, Bruce, Gresham
F: Weller, McCartin, Membrey

natural improvement in our young players we could be top 4 , Sloane will be 28 before season starts - so if he came to us next year he would be 29 , I would rather a guy who was younger - lets see how much of a super star he is this year

I see your point on wanting a younger guy and if Sloane drops off form wise it won't even be worth the discussion.

If we are top 4 due to natural improvement then I'd agree with you, although with the loss of Roo and Joey I'm just not sure I see enough improvement to take us into the top 4. Top 8 yes but top 4 is a big jump from outside the 8. Let's hope I'm proven wrong!

I see your point on wanting a younger guy and if Sloane drops off form wise it won't even be worth the discussion.

If we are top 4 due to natural improvement then I'd agree with you, although with the loss of Roo and Joey I'm just not sure I see enough improvement to take us into the top 4. Top 8 yes but top 4 is a big jump from outside the 8. Let's hope I'm proven wrong!

Last year would have taken four more wins, and some decent percentage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a look on their sites then. Both are training camps and holding open training sessions.

Essendon are training at Ocean Grove on Feb 9th at 10:00. They may as well be training on the moon as schools back and it's a workday. If clubs really wanted to make a effort it would have been on the holidays.

Hey sainters,

I saw this photo on the Carlton board today and was shocked to find one of your lads has put on more than a few kg's over the pre season.

Just wondering who this is and when this was?
452782_6cb2d1e33c5560ae4888bec4fb0976cc.jpg
Even in that shape he probably could get Captain Ceck's missus

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Excuses excuses at least they're doing it for their fans and as are Melbourne of all clubs...ours is poorly run..

Essendon are training at Ocean Grove on Feb 9th at 10:00. They may as well be training on the moon as schools back and it's a workday. If clubs really wanted to make a effort it would have been on the holidays.

Well Essendon and Melbourne are holding open training sessions....so they don't mind. Wish our club would do the same...

They posted videos online so it can't be that big of a secret then.

You really believe that any AFL club is going to train their gameplan and strategy in an open training session...

Well Essendon and Melbourne are holding open training sessions....so they don't mind. Wish our club would do the same...

They posted videos online so it can't be that big of a secret then.
Do I have to spell it out to you?

And you say our club is poorly run...c'mon mate, get real.

You reckon Essendon and Melbourne are allowing anyone to come and watch them work on their own strategy? Lol

Excuses excuses at least they're doing it for their fans and as are Melbourne of all clubs...ours is poorly run..

Poorly run??
At this stage of the year I would MUCH rather they work on everything they need to be ultra competitive for the season, than worry about open training sessions.

I don't think fans will be saying, "OK, so we missed the eight again, but at least we could all get to watch training!"

Edit: Besides, I wouldn't be quoting Melbourne of all clubs...the players refused to do a training camp for heaven's sake. Very professional...not!

Last edited:
Poorly run??
At this stage of the year I would MUCH rather they work on everything they need to be ultra competitive for the season, than worry about open training sessions.

I don't think fans will be saying, "OK, so we missed the eight again, but at least we could all get to watch training!"
Noice post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back