A Section Premier 2011 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those who follow an A Grade Club that has been in the grade for a while. Would it be better for the Scotch Boys to not win another game and drop down to B Grade where they can regroup and perhaps add some silverware to the cabinet for the first time in a long time. Or, should they do everything in their power to finish 3rd last?

they must be the 30 missing that would have made up a 3rd XVIII that was "COMPULSORY" hmmm what.

Really going to miss your comments next year Rah Rah...

Might have to tune into the B-Grade forum as you will not be needed here.

Enjoy your "Asaaaaaaahi's" over the off-season.

For all those who follow an A Grade Club that has been in the grade for a while. Would it be better for the Scotch Boys to not win another game and drop down to B Grade where they can regroup and perhaps add some silverware to the cabinet for the first time in a long time. Or, should they do everything in their power to finish 3rd last?

The only good thing about Scotch is that their ground is only a short drive from Malvern.

Would rather play scotch than travel to Old Brighton, St Barnyards or Old Ivanhoe.

Really going to miss your comments next year Rah Rah...

Might have to tune into the B-Grade forum as you will not be needed here.

Enjoy your "Asaaaaaaahi's" over the off-season.
K.Lorraine, its people like you that I detest. Sitting back on the sidelines all year, not a peep. then suddenly when OM's look likely to drop (not that suddenly actually), you come out from under your rock that you share with the likes of youlike and say a cryptic and thinly veiled little "good riddance"
Well, I've got news for you Keesh. Quiche starts with a Q not a K, and its a favourite Sunday afternoon dish of mine, best served with a little pear and walnut salad and washed down by copious quantities of Chaaaaahdonnay on the front lawn overlooking the boat shed at Portsea. If you think that the Om's being in B Grade, (or at Portsea for that matter), will stop me from coming on to the A Grade forum here and pointing out some of the more ridiculous goings on in the VAFA, then you are sadly mistaken. I will be watching closely and contributing (yes K, thats the idea of a forum), not least because I still walk the schnnodle on Brahton Beach oval each Saturday morning. If indeed Old Brahton can get back to A Grade, I will also feed said schnoodle with laxitive laced curry each Frahday naht and then pray that whatever team it is that you follow will spend their Saturday ahfternoon dodging particularly unpleasant little minefields.
Hmmmm, I look forward to 2012 already.
But until then:

Saint Bernadette's to defeat Old Trinity
Old Xaverians to pull the Cardinals pants down (in a bizarre reversal of history!!)
OM's to keep the season alive and book a date with the Panthers for survival
Uni Blues to defeat the club with no 3rds. Bulleen is a long way away, but hell, coach Gollum knows the way to middle earth. This won't be a problem.
Collegians to have ice creams at half time, and still get the points.

Must run. Minimax sale last hours.

K.Lorraine, its people like you that I detest. Sitting back on the sidelines all year, not a peep. then suddenly when OM's look likely to drop (not that suddenly actually), you come out from under your rock that you share with the likes of youlike and say a cryptic and thinly veiled little "good riddance"
Well, I've got news for you Keesh. Quiche starts with a Q not a K, and its a favourite Sunday afternoon dish of mine, best served with a little pear and walnut salad and washed down by copious quantities of Chaaaaahdonnay on the front lawn overlooking the boat shed at Portsea. If you think that the Om's being in B Grade, (or at Portsea for that matter), will stop me from coming on to the A Grade forum here and pointing out some of the more ridiculous goings on in the VAFA, then you are sadly mistaken. I will be watching closely and contributing (yes K, thats the idea of a forum), not least because I still walk the schnnodle on Brahton Beach oval each Saturday morning. If indeed Old Brahton can get back to A Grade, I will also feed said schnoodle with laxitive laced curry each Frahday naht and then pray that whatever team it is that you follow will spend their Saturday ahfternoon dodging particularly unpleasant little minefields.
Hmmmm, I look forward to 2012 already.
But until then:

Saint Bernadette's to defeat Old Trinity
Old Xaverians to pull the Cardinals pants down (in a bizarre reversal of history!!)
OM's to keep the season alive and book a date with the Panthers for survival
Uni Blues to defeat the club with no 3rds. Bulleen is a long way away, but hell, coach Gollum knows the way to middle earth. This won't be a problem.
Collegians to have ice creams at half time, and still get the points.

Must run. Minimax sale last hours.

The Blues v Carey game is at head quarters. :thumbsu:

SBMT (wont be suprised if Rambo has a rest this week before the final 2 games)
Xavs
OH (Secull will never rest..he'll play until he can retire on part pension from the School Super fund at age 59)
Carey
Colls

Anyone bought a ticket in the 'Irish' Raffle...must have sat round a glass of claret for a solid 20 minutes to come up with this one at HQ!!!!

OSOM

PS..when OS & OM finish 9th & 10th can they play an 8 hour game as a punishment curtain raiser on VAFA GF Day starting at 6.00 am and broadcast it on Inner FM????

The Blues v Carey game is at head quarters. :thumbsu:
so it is old boy. mah mistake. Premier on a Saturday at the wick - thats what threw me. Anyhow, gives further reason for picking the students.
Though a shame as I was quite happy with my middle earth reference.

Coll
Ox
Oh
Oc
Sbmt

Om to be gone and scotch to be in the drop with blues and dls to play. But you never know .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uni Blues by 3 points over Old Carey. Both sides kicked 18 goals, one of the best amatuer games witnessed.

Uni Blues by 3 points over Old Carey. Both sides kicked 18 goals, one of the best amatuer games witnessed.

Agree, was a classic game only marred by the umpiring in the first half and before anyone says give some proof, watch the video and see for yourself, bloody confusing and inconsistent. What applied to one umpire was the opposite to another. They don't need 3 umpires in a game, only means 3 different interpretations. Why is it that a delibrate out of bounds is only paid in the last quarter of games. Jack Watts is a protected species and their runner is as good as an extra player on the field, having said that Blues move the ball well and will give some stick should they make it which looks likely now.
Panthers are going to need a lot of results to go their way now and Xavs in Round 18 will be difficult.

Agree, was a classic game only marred by the umpiring in the first half and before anyone says give some proof, watch the video and see for yourself, bloody confusing and inconsistent. What applied to one umpire was the opposite to another. They don't need 3 umpires in a game, only means 3 different interpretations. Why is it that a delibrate out of bounds is only paid in the last quarter of games. Jack Watts is a protected species and their runner is as good as an extra player on the field, having said that Blues move the ball well and will give some stick should they make it which looks likely now.
Panthers are going to need a lot of results to go their way now and Xavs in Round 18 will be difficult.
They might want to look one week at a time too or are they "pencilling in a win" against the OM's??
RE: Jack Watts - same same for Vossy.
RE: Umpires - same same. Game would be better with just one ump actually.

This has plagued Premer section all year. Overbearing, chest beating, showboating umpires who seemingly want to share the spotlight. Please Benny tell them to go and watch how some of the young U19 umpires go about their business. They pay the ones that are there and are not concerned about plucking controversial free kicks just to share in the moment.

And agree about Watts. The most protected player in the ammos. Can’t understand why as he whinges and moans all day long and is not averse to a throwing a cheap elbow of knee. Having said that he is super talented player.

And by the way my team won today so this is not sour grapes, just a rant from someone generally fed up with this happening every week. (And apologies to Luke Holmes – rate him very highly and he is clearly the best of them going around at the moment)

They might want to look one week at a time too or are they "pencilling in a win" against the OM's??
RE: Jack Watts - same same for Vossy.
RE: Umpires - same same. Game would be better with just one ump actually.

Definatley have not penciled in next weeks result.....playing away to a team facing relegation, always a dangerous assignment.

This has plagued Premer section all year. Overbearing, chest beating, showboating umpires who seemingly want to share the spotlight. Please Benny tell them to go and watch how some of the young U19 umpires go about their business. They pay the ones that are there and are not concerned about plucking controversial free kicks just to share in the moment.

And agree about Watts. The most protected player in the ammos. Can’t understand why as he whinges and moans all day long and is not averse to a throwing a cheap elbow of knee. Having said that he is super talented player.

And by the way my team won today so this is not sour grapes, just a rant from someone generally fed up with this happening every week. (And apologies to Luke Holmes – rate him very highly and he is clearly the best of them going around at the moment)

I’ve found you to be one of the more reasonable posters here Rooster. But this isn't one of your better efforts. Not sure whether you were one of Gus's group today but their continual tirade against the umpires was tiresome and puerile. Doubt any of ‘em have looked at the Laws of the Game let alone understand it.

Then there were the nuff-nuffs nearby who spent the afternoon abusing opposition players. Takes a lot of courage to do that from outside the boundary. I guess those who can do. Those who can’t criticise.

Not a day for De La to be proud of off the field today.

I’ve found you to be one of the more reasonable posters here Rooster. But this isn't one of your better efforts. Not sure whether you were one of Gus's group today but their continual tirade against the umpires was tiresome and puerile. Doubt any of ‘em have looked at the Laws of the Game let alone understand it.

Then there were the nuff-nuffs nearby who spent the afternoon abusing opposition players. Takes a lot of courage to do that from outside the boundary. I guess those who can do. Those who can’t criticise.

Not a day for De La to be proud of off the field today.

Just calling it as I see it AM. Not one of Gus’s group so have no idea what you are talking about there. And all I heard was the usual good-natured banter from both sets of supporters. These clubs have an excellent relationship both on and off the field so you are way out of order there. No complaints from anyone and good numbers of Colls players and supporters in the rooms as always after the game. They are a great club. All the talk post game was of the spirit in which the game was played (and a fairly universal acceptance that perhaps it was not the men in whites finest performance). And I don’t think there was anything wrong with my “effort”. I have managed to wrap the entire U19 umpiring group plus give a compliment to Luke Holmes. Seems you are happy to spray an entire club and call people nuff, nuffs but an honest opinion from a generally balanced poster has you off side. Have not named or shamed anyone and simply stated what the majority of fair-minded observers this year have been thinking.

Cmon Carlton. You should be praising one of the best halfs by Peterson today. Dragged oc back into the game by going into the middle then went off lame, game back then goaled and almost took a hanger to win it for you with 10 secs left. superstar.

Just calling it as I see it AM. Not one of Gus’s group so have no idea what you are talking about there. And all I heard was the usual good-natured banter from both sets of supporters. These clubs have an excellent relationship both on and off the field so you are way out of order there. No complaints from anyone and good numbers of Colls players and supporters in the rooms as always after the game. They are a great club. All the talk post game was of the spirit in which the game was played (and a fairly universal acceptance that perhaps it was not the men in whites finest performance). And I don’t think there was anything wrong with my “effort”. I have managed to wrap the entire U19 umpiring group plus give a compliment to Luke Holmes. Seems you are happy to spray an entire club and call people nuff, nuffs but an honest opinion from a generally balanced poster has you off side. Have not named or shamed anyone and simply stated what the majority of fair-minded observers this year have been thinking.

Calling those who were incessantly abusing opposition players nuff-nuffs is an honest (and accurate) viewpoint Rooster. Had you been in the vicinity you may even have come to that conclusion yourself.

I do accept my remarks about the nuff-nuffs and the people who were directing all sorts of ill-informed invective towards the umpires should have been confined to them and not more generally though.

I guess what's "fair minded" to one person may not be to another. It's amazing how "fair minded" I consider people who agree with my point of view to be.;)

I'll be interested to see whether OTP has a shot at the meat tray for this years Premier GF field umps. Luke wouldn't be in my top three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back