Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBMT
DLS
Collegians
Carey
Xavs

OTP ...Perhaps the winner of Premier Section tipping comp could carry the bags for Shollster's on his annual overseas junket to Ireland this year no less......plenty in The Melee Fund in 2011..

OSOM
are we clubs paying his way? surely not?

How bad is the Sunday Herald Sun reporting on Premier??? "Old Trinity got knocked over by De La Salle by 19 points" Not the first time this season either they have got it wrong. Its pretty basic to report the winner correctly.

Blues under the pump. From last week when they were sitting 3rd, they had to face teams 1, 2, 4, and 5 in a row. Tough ask indeed.

Some interesting games next week as usual.....BLUES (4)v STBM (2),
OX (3)v Coll (1), OC (5)v OS (8), OT (7)v OH (10), OM 9 v DE LA (6).
There could be a change in the 4 next week and a change in the bottom 2. Getting very interesting indeed.

Probably not telling you anything but #14 OH , a gun. Reckon he had 6 shots at goal in the 3rd. Very hard to stop.

Until tip time on Thursday..........................

Interesting times. I shared a beer with a long suffering OM's supporter the other day and they believe they are still a chance to survive. It all comes down to this week v DLS. If they win, then they may only need to beat OH to survive. Old Scotch seem unlikely to add to there current win tally.
And is it as simple as winner of Uni Blues vs Old Carey finishes 4th? Im thinking it is.

Interesting times. I shared a beer with a long suffering OM's supporter the other day and they believe they are still a chance to survive. It all comes down to this week v DLS. If they win, then they may only need to beat OH to survive. Old Scotch seem unlikely to add to there current win tally.
And is it as simple as winner of Uni Blues vs Old Carey finishes 4th? Im thinking it is.

Could be that simple......that game is at headquarters too.
Old Carey have OS (H) UB (Elsternwick) OM (A) OX (H)
Uni Blues have STBM (H) OC (Elsternwick) OS (H) OT (A)

Its this time of year you rue the ones that got away early in the season......

It's also that time of the year where upsets happen, here are my tips

Old Carey vs. Old Scotch
Old Trinity vs. Old Haileybury
OM's vs. De La
Uni Blues vs. SBMT
OX vs.Coll

a1114.gif

Could be that simple......that game is at headquarters too.
Old Carey have OS (H) UB (Elsternwick) OM (A) OX (H)
Uni Blues have STBM (H) OC (Elsternwick) OS (H) OT (A)

Its this time of year you rue the ones that got away early in the season......

Lahk round 2 when om's led sbmt by 6 goals with 10 minutes to play.........and lost!
All the home teams thanks. I will be barracking harder than I thought possible for Old Carey this week.
Old Carey vs. Old Scotch
Old Trinity vs. Old Haileybury
OM's vs. De La
Uni Blues vs. SBMT
OX vs.Coll

No rant. tired. emotional. long season getting the better of me.

Lahk round 2 when om's led sbmt by 6 goals with 10 minutes to play.........and lost!

Quite possibly the biggest turnaround I've seen. OMs stopped playing attacking footy. They were no longer playing to win, and instead were playing not to lose, a tactic that has seen many teams come undone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite possibly the biggest turnaround I've seen. OMs stopped playing attacking footy. They were no longer playing to win, and instead were playing not to lose, a tactic that has seen many teams come undone.

Few weeks back I heard a funny story about this game..15 mins into the last term and OM's were as the scoreline suggests in control. Amongst the OM faithful are a SBMT supporter standing and his young son sitting on the grass nearby watching the game..Kid is about 8-9 years old..Conversation goes something like: Dad to his son " Hey Billy looks like the Tigers are in trouble"..Kids thinks for a few moments and replies with something like " Nah reckon they'll kick 5 goals in a 10 minute burst then they'll kick one more right on the siren and win by 2 points"..naturally there were some terse looks from the OM throng and a few s******s...the rest they say is history and stunned faces when the siren went!!

OSOM:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back