A Section Premier 2011 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling those who were incessantly abusing opposition players nuff-nuffs is an honest (and accurate) viewpoint Rooster. Had you been in the vicinity you may even have come to that conclusion yourself.

I do accept my remarks about the nuff-nuffs and the people who were directing all sorts of ill-informed invective towards the umpires should have been confined to them and not more generally though.

I guess what's "fair minded" to one person may not be to another. It's amazing how "fair minded" I consider people who agree with my point of view to be.;)

I'll be interested to see whether OTP has a shot at the meat tray for this years Premier GF field umps. Luke wouldn't be in my top three.

As it would appear that you may be involved with the VAFA umpires at some level I now understand your sensitivity about the umpires and on that basis will have to bow to your greater knowledge on Luke Holmes. However he is very well respected by the players and I just like the way he goes about it - no theatre and no apparent craving of the spotlight. Just pays the ones that are there (or that he sees) and eliminates the guesswork. Just my opinion.

Mate, I'm not going near that one with a barge pole. Conflict of interest and all that. I can't even work out whether I'll be doing A or D1 this year, let alone take a stab at the fieldies.

Just pencil in D1 OTP.

lots of man love on this forum today which is quite boring so let's hear some interesting news.

Can't believe you muppets still go on about the umps as if theyve just arrived on the scene. If this, but that bla bla bla. Yep they confuse things but so do the freaking players so let's just move on.

Anyones thoughts on this weekends games?? Very interesting indeed.

Can Xavs take top two?
Have St Brendans got their mojo back?
Have Collegians lost theirs?
Can OS win another game?
Will OM's and OH win another game to put the acid on OS?
Who will win the Brownlow?

So many questions, so little time. Keep it interesting lads

As it would appear that you may be involved with the VAFA umpires at some level I now understand your sensitivity about the umpires and on that basis will have to bow to your greater knowledge on Luke Holmes. However he is very well respected by the players and I just like the way he goes about it - no theatre and no apparent craving of the spotlight. Just pays the ones that are there (or that he sees) and eliminates the guesswork. Just my opinion.

Absolutely nothing to do with the VAFA umps. Don't think I'm overly sensitive either. Just continually astounded at how little time the average punter takes in getting a reasonable grasp of the rules let alone the technical and practical application of them. BTW - that's not a ping at you. We just have a difference of opinion on some matters yesterday. Nothing more.

Cmon Carlton. You should be praising one of the best halfs by Peterson today. Dragged oc back into the game by going into the middle then went off lame, game back then goaled and almost took a hanger to win it for you with 10 secs left. superstar.

Cracking game overall yesterday. Peterson was impressive, it looks like his opponents are standing still at times. Amazing effort from OC to come back from 35 points down and equally amazing that the Blues were able to win.

Wrote a bit of a match report with photos here

Cracking game overall yesterday. Peterson was impressive, it looks like his opponents are standing still at times. Amazing effort from OC to come back from 35 points down and equally amazing that the Blues were able to win.

Wrote a bit of a match report with photos here
well well, mrs griffey, you may have just found yourself a gig reporting on vafa.com
you have managed to deliver in one report what saturday skinny, heath ledger and max on monday have failed to do all season

well well, mrs griffey, you may have just found yourself a gig reporting on vafa.com
you have managed to deliver in one report what saturday skinny, heath ledger and max on monday have failed to do all season

I wonder if the 'Bugler' is paid the same retainer that the 'Boy with his Toy' at HQ has been receiving under false pretences for far too long with such ridiculous fly by night psuedonyms???:cool:

Great article Bugler.:thumbsu:

And what's going on re the state of the playing surface at Toorak Park..saw the footage of the game vs Coll's on Channel 44 on Friday night and it looked very ordinary.:thumbsdown:

Terrific two weeks ahead of the finals in Premier..OM's may yet save their skin..Scotch in deep..Hail's loss on Saturday will be costly..Trinity smashed at Mentone and they had a few out looking at the match report.
Collegians crumbling and face their worst fears this week against the Bogans..Xavs ticking along...Blues should have a finals berth and Carey look like they will finish with DLS in NML.:rolleyes:

OSOM

Cmon Carlton. You should be praising one of the best halfs by Peterson today. Dragged oc back into the game by going into the middle then went off lame, game back then goaled and almost took a hanger to win it for you with 10 secs left. superstar.

Not taking anything away from Carl, he was superb and has been very good all year. Would like to see him have more bursts in the middle. His marking or attemps in some cases has been worth going to the game to see. Players from both sides gave their all in a classic game with a nail biting last quarter.
Glad to see Rah Rah and Rooster agree with me re umpires. That would be a first for Rah Rah this year...agreeing with me. Might he be at the OM V OC game this week????

Rah Rah – You have been poking $hit at every club all year and the minute someone says anything about your OM’s being soft (which they are) you ark up!! Toughen up & don’t be so such a precious little thing.

Looking at the ladder and the last 2 rounds I reckon it’ll stay the way it is!

Collegians – SBMT & OH
SBMT – Coll & OM’s
Old Xavs – OT & OC
Uni Blues – OS & OT
Old Carey – OM’s & SBMT
DLS – OH & OS
Old Trinity – OX & UB
Old Scotch – UB & DLS
Old Powder Puff M’s - OC & SBMT
Old Haileybury - DLS & Coll

At the top
Coll – Win one at least
SBMT – Win one at lease
OX’s Should win both
UB’s – Should win both
OC – Win one lose one
DLS – Should win both

At the bottom
I can’t see OM’s beating Carey or SBMT
I can’t see OH beating DLS (away) or Coll
I can’t see OS beating UB or DLS
tipping OM’s and OH to drop!

Rah Rah – You have been poking $hit at every club all year and the minute someone says anything about your OM’s being soft (which they are) you ark up!! Toughen up & don’t be so such a precious little thing.quote]

C'mon Rahrah, what tirade are you going to unleash now?

We're waiting...

Rah Rah – You have been poking $hit at every club all year and the minute someone says anything about your OM’s being soft (which they are) you ark up!! Toughen up & don’t be so such a precious little thing.

Collegians – SBMT & OH
SBMT – Coll & OM’s
Old Xavs – OT & OC
Uni Blues – OS & OT
Old Carey – OM’s & SBMT
DLS – OH & OS
Old Trinity – OX & UB
Old Scotch – UB & DLS

At the top
Coll – Win one at least
SBMT – Win one at lease
OX’s Should win both
UB’s – Should win both
OC – Win one lose one
DLS – Should win both

At the bottom

You like.....good work. OC have OX in the last round not STBM but doesn't change anything.

Collegians – SBMT & OH
SBMT – Coll & OM’s
Old Xavs – OT & OC
Uni Blues – OS & OT
Old Carey – OM’s & SBMT
DLS – OH & OS
Old Trinity – OX & UB
Old Scotch – UB & DLS

At the top
Coll – Win one at least
SBMT – Win one at lease
OX’s Should win both
UB’s – Should win both
OC – Win one lose one
DLS – Should win both

At the bottom

If Xavs win both then they will finish either higher than SBMT or equal with Coll, depending on their result this week. So it is likely the Top 3 will change.

Rah Rah – You have been poking $hit at every club all year and the minute someone says anything about your OM’s being soft (which they are) you ark up!! Toughen up & don’t be so such a precious little thing.quote]

C'mon Rahrah, what tirade are you going to unleash now?

We're waiting...
Well well. Keesh. Or should I just cut to the chase and call you scrambled egg and bacon pie. Where do you get off taunting me for a tirade? Hey seriously……
Oh OK, if you insist.
Can someone please unlock the mystery of the allegiance of youlike. I was sure he was one of the magenta market gardeners from Murrumbeena. But if so would he come out swinging after such a performance at Bentleigh West on Saturday? Surely not.
One thing stood out – professionalism. OM’s had sent their vice captain to the VAFA equivalent of Arizona two weeks prior and it paid off handsomely, as he was a standout best afield (despite the umps trying to manufacture that result for B.Voss). The OM’s have been doing it for years and there is no doubt that a “freshen up” at Buller is an innovation that they have pioneered.
Now as for the suggestion (youlike) that ah have been hanging sh1t on all clubs that is not fair. In particular my love for the Panthers is misunderstood. Who couldn’t love a club that provides free steamed dimmies at the aftermatch. And I would travel miles to see their thirds play old haileybury’s thirds.
OM’s may well yet go down. And you will be delighted to be playing on the two replacement grounds – old caulfield’s little paddock behind the trotting track and SKEV’s billabong by gardiners creek. Care to reconsider your eagerness to bid us farewell?
So I will more than lahkly be there on Saturday as they grace the Junction for the first time. It will be a cracker. So much riding on it that Brad Beitzel may turn up before 5pm - Hopefully Brown Gouge have got all those nasty stains out of the trench coat. I also hear the VAFA have allocated 9 field umpires such is the game's importance.
Can’t wait to see how cohesive that is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a horrible year for OM's. Shades of Steve McKee flying the nest at SKOB after they got him a job, with Simon Taylor.

A Grade footy in 2012 will be seen at Gosch's Oval.

Well well. Keesh. Or should I just cut to the chase and call you scrambled egg and bacon pie. Where do you get off taunting me for a tirade? Hey seriously……
Oh OK, if you insist.
Can someone please unlock the mystery of the allegiance of youlike. I was sure he was one of the magenta market gardeners from Murrumbeena. But if so would he come out swinging after such a performance at Bentleigh West on Saturday? Surely not.
One thing stood out – professionalism. OM’s had sent their vice captain to the VAFA equivalent of Arizona two weeks prior and it paid off handsomely, as he was a standout best afield (despite the umps trying to manufacture that result for B.Voss). The OM’s have been doing it for years and there is no doubt that a “freshen up” at Buller is an innovation that they have pioneered.
Now as for the suggestion (youlike) that ah have been hanging sh1t on all clubs that is not fair. In particular my love for the Panthers is misunderstood. Who couldn’t love a club that provides free steamed dimmies at the aftermatch. And I would travel miles to see their thirds play old haileybury’s thirds.
OM’s may well yet go down. And you will be delighted to be playing on the two replacement grounds – old caulfield’s little paddock behind the trotting track and SKEV’s billabong by gardiners creek. Care to reconsider your eagerness to bid us farewell?
So I will more than lahkly be there on Saturday as they grace the Junction for the first time. It will be a cracker. So much riding on it that Brad Beitzel may turn up before 5pm - Hopefully Brown Gouge have got all those nasty stains out of the trench coat. I also hear the VAFA have allocated 9 field umpires such is the game's importance.
Can’t wait to see how cohesive that is!

Short odds are that SKOBs and Caulfield will be plying their trade in Premier A 2012.

Been a horrible year for OM's. Shades of Steve McKee flying the nest at SKOB after they got him a job, with Simon Taylor.

A Grade footy in 2012 will be seen at Gosch's Oval.
Taylor was very upfront with the Club re: his plans for 2011. Fair enough to plan an overseas trip after 8 years in the AFL system.

The Club was more than happy to accommodate him as Taylor for 10 rounds is better than Tylor for nil.

Can someone please unlock the mystery of the allegiance of youlike

I quiet clearly told everyone a few pages back goose!!

On a serious note your form has been shithouse lately! I used to chuckle when I read your rants but you have not written a funny one since round 10 what’s happened?

I think spending next season in the B Section thread will do you good, it’ll allow you to reuse your current material and it’ll give you a new group of footy clubs to have a crack at.

It's a bit rough to have a go at someone when you contribute such rubbish yourself, the regular and very funny rants from rah rah have been a highlight all year.

If you don't like them, don't read them. Or even better come up with something better.

Otherwise cough

God Yeah – You’re obviously only playing with half a deck so I’ll forgive you this time but if you read my comment again you will notice I did actually say they used to be funny, I just think he has been off the boiler lately!

God Yeah – You’re obviously only playing with half a deck so I’ll forgive you this time but if you read my comment again you will notice I did actually say they used to be funny, I just think he has been off the boiler lately!
Mate no need to get personal and have a crack at my wahf, calling her a boiler. And I'll ask that you keep discussions as to whether or not I have been off her or on her out of these pages - she is an occasional reader, but never contributes anything useful. Come to think of it, sounds like your profile. Is that you dearest?

While you give each other love taps l will be first with the tips.

Coll v STBM Coll missing a few beats??
O Melb v O.Carey Just
U. Blues v O. Scotch Need OS to win but UB too strong
Xavs v O. Trinity Will finish #1
De La v OH. OH to save themselves

Ohhh and one more tip......Clubbies ....PANTHERS.

See you at the Junction. From memory they have a decent sausage sizzle, if you want to catch up Rah Rah l'll be the one with a sausage in each hand!!

No tips from me. I'm off the leader board so not much point.

Good to be back from overseas but I definitely miss the warmer climes in the 'other' hemisphere.

Might see you at the Junction, CARLTON2011. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back