A Section Premier 2011 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coll v STBM Assuming Sautner plays!
O Melb v O.Careyam told OM's have lots back and starting to look the goods, finally!
U. Blues v O. Scotch B Grade here we come
Xavs v O. Trinity coming good. J Macdonald gets 40 every week
De La v OHhome game will win easily!

See you at the Junction. From memory they have a decent sausage sizzle, if you want to catch up Rah Rah l'll be the one with a sausage in each hand!!

Better fare if you wander across the road to Harry Trott. The Wesley boys are at home this weekend so the snags and burgers will be top notch.

Better fare if you wander across the road to Harry Trott. The Wesley boys are at home this weekend so the snags and burgers will be top notch.
Dunno, last time i was there they had fantastic burgers, just shame about the cook. They were charred on the outside and raw on the inside.

OS (cos whenever I can't see them possibly winning they do)
OM (Trinity smashed last week gives OM the edge)
Xavs (think they will want pay back for earlier loss)
SBMT ( Sauntner inj. and down on form vs team coming off big win)
DLS ( at the slope they should win)

OSOM

Morning Ladies,
alas, a little late for mah contribution this week. Have been rocked by 2 weeks on the share market that have seen more ups and downs than the knickers at an over 40's naght at the Brahton Hotel. Things still a little quiet on that scene too owing to the bumper ski season, which has also impacted on OM's crowds this year. Should mean plenty of snags for you Carey lads and you will somehow still leave with a hollow feeling in your gut, despite having devoured enough carbs to load up for a marathon. OM's will win this one and this marathon of a season will go raght down to the wahr. And just as with many marathons, contenders have dropped off along the way. I'm not talking about Premier football. I'm talking about BigFooty. It has fallen away hasn't it. And Youlahk and Godyeah, you're probably correct. I have been off my game for the last few weeks. Its that lull in the depths of winter when too many beef wellingtons, apple & Rhubarb crumble's, and 389's invariably mean I don't see it to dinner, let alone have any creative juices left for on line banter. But suddenly, there is sunshine, the grass is growing again, Scotch are on a 6 game losing streak and the whole world has awoken from its hybernation (well almost the whole world, spring will be a little late at Shollywood this year, things ticking slowly with the loss of the brains trust Jess and Jez. I fear Saturday skinny may will be published on Monday). The mums are out of the velour tracksuits at drop off, and the outdoor tables at the pantry are again alive with the sounds of Brahton (lots of OMG's). So with just one week to go after today (for mah team anyway), I promise to have a real crack. I will do my best to reveal scandal, incite riots, and generally heap warm steaming ones on my favourite clubs. Look out. You know who you are. And if after all that OM's somehow do the houdini, I will look forward to 2012. Just as I am with the All Ords.

And so for today:

Collegians - Best Burgers in the comp, don't mahnd the blonde who makes them either. She's a bit like OM's (seen better years, but pleasant enough). They can't lose another can they? Brendans to fail, just.
OM's. Rumour has it that a very tall man has been rushed back from O/S - lay down in the pointy end of the plane the whole way so legs will be very fresh? (Wouldn't help me - have you seen the waahn list in 1st class?) Could they really arrange it? Carey with lots to play for, but OM's more. All of Premier football should be barracking for the Junction Oval 2012.
Gollum. Pleeeeeeeeese get your lads up today. Pleeeeeese. You can keep the damn ring if you can just manufacture a win over the cardinals. They're going, going........
Old Xavs in a training run.
De La to smash the market gardeners.

What a week. Someone get me a drink.

Hoo roo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same as ragtag

Just stepping on to your board for a minute:

As the season is winding up, interested in the forum's views on the following Old Carey's performance for 2011 -

Jarrod Reid - thought last year he was really looked after well by his team-mates as they held out opponents to allow him to take marks.

Alister Parton - has he had an impact as last season after centre bounces he just seemed to play a "kick" behind play and lets say apply physical presence to the guy playing the pill.

Paul Fiorenza - great leap, good on the ground as well.

I could go on, Carey dominated B Grade 2010.

As the season is winding up, interested in the forum's views on the following Old Carey's performance for 2011 -

Jarrod Reid - thought last year he was really looked after well by his team-mates as they held out opponents to allow him to take marks.

Alister Parton - has he had an impact as last season after centre bounces he just seemed to play a "kick" behind play and lets say apply physical presence to the guy playing the pill.

View on Carey seems to be fairly universal and has been discussed here from time to time. Their top 6 or so are as good as any going around. Absolute top liners. However don’t have the depth of some of the other stronger clubs. On there day with there best up and about can beat anyone. Can also lose to anyone. If they had to endure an injury run like De La this year or Marcellin or Scotch last year would battle to avoid relegation based on current depth. Their seconds are terrible, they have no thirds and their 19s are not in the top grade like most of the other Premier grade clubs.

If they can build on their depth no reason why they can't be a successful A grade club. Can still make it if they win and UB and De La lose next week. They were right in the mix all season and should be fairly satisfied with their first season in Premier. Just my humble opinion.

Another cracking game at UB/OS. Blues stopped to a walk, had 3 chances to win the game.

Love to hear the rest of your OC summation. I only missed one game this year, so far you fairly right. Fiorenza is the least likely looking player but does freaky things. Dolly still a huge value, hope he plays on. Reid not so good this year..rounds 13-16 very good. Disappointing game yesterday, everything to play for but didn't come to the party. OM 's obviously DID come to play and also had a lot to play for but were far more desperate and wanted to win more. Tipped OC to win "just" because the side had 5 forced changes and the "ins" inexperienced (depth).
As much as De La and others had injury problems OC had their fair share too. 3 from Grand Final missed 15+ games, Laidlaw mised 12+ Kent missed first half and there are others.
Double chance up for grabs for OX

Gee what a great year! It all comes down to the last round for double chance and relegation!

Can OM’s continue their winning form and topple SBMT and avoid relegation?
What’s happened @ Harry Trott?
Have Xav’s hit their straps at the right time?
De La might still sneak into the top 4

All very exciting!

On a serious note well done to Old Carey, although they have missed out on finals action I reckon they should be reasonably happy with how the year has gone and it’ll give them a great stepping stone for next year!

Saw the second half of OM vs OC

OC looked unfit. They had half a dozen blokes playing who were particulalry overweight, slow and the younger OM's ran them ragged!!

Collegians gone!!!

I support VAFA Premier Football!!

Can't stand what the AFL has turned into nowadays so I have become a VAFA follower!

Aaw OC earlier in the season and they looked slicker! Think the winter months and some comfort eating may have caught up with a few of them by the looks of things.

It will be on this week at Trinity, expect Rambo to go out in style, could be a tango with JW

yup, a week of upsets coming
OT at home, farewell Rambo for the fifth year running and to avoid relegation
OS some good recent form, stronger team on the field and to avoid relegation
OC at home, stung by last week and with some cattle back
OM only went down narrowly last time, and will have a better team on the track than then with more to play for
COLL only because OH have nothing to play for

leaves
SBMT
COLL
OX
UB on percentage
OC
DLS
OS
OT
OM
OH
which would be a fair indication of the year, though suspect if OMs could have fielded closer to their best all year that OS or OT would be heading south.

Extremely entertaining year folks, this forum has certainly provided some one eyed views and some great sledges all for the love of one’s club. My take for 2011 from top to bottom as it stands currently.
· The Brindisians, have a few weak links but what side doesn’t, have earned their current position by simply being up and about more often than others, some ordinary performances but worked a way to get a win. Every chance now to play on the last day in Sept but perhaps lack a quality forward but they do have a gun on ball line up with smarts and that’s where it starts. They take the game on and run offensively, OM’s would vouch for that based on the earlier encounter this year when 6 or 7 twins down in the last.
· The Purples, too good a list to dismiss on the back of 3 losses, hasn’t come at a good time but they will play in Second Semi and could quite easily win it, can they get the good players out back on the park and firing in time to do just that, win the 2nd Semi easily. Surely if they get the EP gale they will go direct as opposed to 2008!
· The Barkers road ovals will be trimmed up for the Red and Blacks to fine tune for Sept, good marketing opportunity too in front of next year’s pups heading to the 19’s. Biddlecombe is a major key to their road to success, he is not unbeatable but his timing and ability simply puts him in the right spot so often, the General of the defence. A couple of quality p’ship players returning in Agius and Mercuri can weave some magic but both can lose their cool under pressure. The Red and Blacks have been up and down this year and Trinity were not disgraced on Sat, no certainty’s to be there on the last day. Rush unsighted in recent weeks, is a demanding task for the opposition backs when on song. Numerous players knocking on the door.
· The students from the Varsity may have just avoided a baseball bat hiding from those in control, 5 goals in front and ouch that one hurt big time. A reasonably even side, good mix of tall’s and runners and of course JW, now if the big man gets injured they are in all sorts, will go close to the medal again. Uni’s year started miserably and they would be pretty pleased what they have achieved to date bar Sat. Austin so hard to beat.
· The Dees would be reasonably happy given their run of major injuries to key players, still they dropped games when in control, could easily be sitting comfortably in four but they ain’t. Another year passes by 09,10,11 if only. Just missed beating Xavs twice and did beat The Purples twice, need their list to stay true as do all clubs & but there are never any guarantees.
· Carey, great outcome, some very good players, top 5 as good as any going around, depth a major problem but would’ve known that very early doors. Some great scalps and 2012 should prove at this stage to be better but cannot dwell on first year, 2nd year is harder, greater expectations. Would be gutted from Sat’s result but all teams have lost games where 4 points were pencilled in a few weeks out. If they had won on Sat would they have beaten Xav’s this Sat, me thinks probably not BUT if they were in four right now this Sat’s game like some others might be a relentless attack on the body. Will Petersen get a crack again at AFL, my spies say BIG CHANCE.
· Scotch, it sounded like they would improve, perhaps had the list to improve but it didn’t happen. Sat’s win was a beauty for the faithful; Bellie would’ve had a spring in his step on the Bell. Have some terrific players and injuries have hurt, they have hung on again and will look to take a breath now with much relief and try and build a claim for A grade finals in 2012 with a new coach.
· Trinity, up and down, Xavs pinched one earlier which hurt, have some real promising younger players and could be a lot better off in terms of ladder positions. The Captain is a beauty and they missed him Sat, the long reach of Rambo when on song is still a big help but whatever pace he has is gone. Could go out in a big way Sat, has had the occasional Tues night visit.
· OM’s, what a list of players when it comes to names, like other sides we haven;’ seen the best of some often enough. If they go to B will they all stay? If yes then absolute morals to win B flag in 2012, would be unbackable. Is there enough off field help ?, the new cockroach Landrigan would have given this job for 2012 major thought right now, perhaps he has already made up his mind even ahead of Sat’s GF. Sat’s win a cracker, standard better than across the road at the Trott.
· The McKinnon cemetery, the graveyard has found many scalps over the years, not so this year, would’ve been gutted losing to OM’s at home but that form has been backed up. Depth a major issue and have only too few at this stage for A grade. To their credit they have improved in 2nd half of season and Ridgeway a great get. Small forward with loads of skill, will he stay and be happy in B ? Leaving SFL’s Div 1 lower standard for A grade Ammo’s and being top of the goal kicking in short time says only one thing, HE’S A GUN. Surely Sec it’s time to wave goodbye, a great journey

A very even competition, so many injury claims and a variety of travelling claims etc, IF ONLY. Certainly a element of luck plays a huge role in our great game, how many games decided by less than a goal, perhaps a mere few seconds, change the result and what would he ladder look like now had all other results been the same.

1. COLL 48
2. STB 46
3. UNI 44
4. CAREY 40
5. DELA 38
6. OX 36
7. OT 34
8. OMS 24
9. OS 18
10. OH 12

So to this week

· The purples back in the victory stall, unbackable
· Xav’s won’t drop two to Carey this year or will they , OX 4/7 ON, Carey 5/2, now 7/4.
· Uni 1/6 ON, Trinty 5’s but not without a chance, will be a relentless start. The team that wins may just have more men standing. Rambo and JW to go toe to toe here, get the video’s ready. Wouldn’t want to be heading back to the showers to face the Kanis music if a loss is encountered here, SURELY WON’T HAPPEN.
· Scotch at home 4/5, Dela evens, Scotch with a few back on the park and with confidence will start fav. Another contest that will be relentless from the start, one needs Uni to win and the other to lose, could Uni draw?
· STB & OM’s, if Taylor and Dunnell play which I expect they will then this game will create all sorts of unwanted Friday evening nightmares for Owen and his men in charge. At home STB 4/5 but the money is arriving for OM’s, was 2’s now 5/4. Plenty of collisions here and some sore lads come siren time perhaps.

Next week my A grade team of 2011, this will cop some sledging, can’t wait.

OS desperate for a win and at home
OT desperate for a win and at home (Ramsdens farewell???)
OC beat OX away now have them at home!!!!

Am l dreaming????
Panthers pinch 4th spot and play OX again the following week!!!!!!! Any way it ain't over till its over. (Thats from the 70's)

Good work galloper, nice stuff. Think you are right about Peterson sorry to say, hate to lose him but will be drafted to somewhere.

By the way Rah Rah did you get to the sausage sizzle on Saturday????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back