U19 Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
been watching the beauy outfit so far this year, hard too pull many positives from the year for this mob, theyve had their pants pulled down 3 out of 4 times so far, but i believe ive narrowed down the source of their problems, they have a young bloke playing for them no. 5 ahh smout think his name is, and has been churning out some garbage performances, think surley its time to move him on, the club just can' t keep jusitying this young mans spot, maybe he should be put down the ranks to find some form, a grade like aus kick would probly suit him best

was an enthrawling contest in the xavs v beauy game scoreboard definatly didnt indicate how close the game was!!

I think the scoreboard told the story... Great defensive effort/ Xavs class coming out in the last.... I'm glad the road trip to boganville is over! The VAFA need to do something with Beauy! People drinking at the game is not on....

I think the scoreboard told the story... Great defensive effort/ Xavs class coming out in the last.... I'm glad the road trip to boganville is over! The VAFA need to do something with Beauy! People drinking at the game is not on....
ho ho hooo henry baxter is back in the forum. Now Muff, whats wrong with a few saturday afternoon beverages whilst watching a tightly contested game of footy, credit to your boys who were sensational in the last quarter but a credit has to go to the beaumaris supporters who got down in numbers to drink cans and support their mates...i dont think you will see the same passion and support for a private school side

ho ho hooo henry baxter is back in the forum. Now Muff, whats wrong with a few saturday afternoon beverages whilst watching a tightly contested game of footy, credit to your boys who were sensational in the last quarter but a credit has to go to the beaumaris supporters who got down in numbers to drink cans and support their mates...i dont think you will see the same passion and support for a private school side

Apparently the tunes were pretty good from the back of the ute too.

Great taste Boys!!:cool:

Maybe in the SFL but last time I checked that's one of the big No no's in the Ammos...

Henry Baxter interested in ya tips for the weekend mate ?
its going to be an interesting round of footy but im expecting a few blow outs
De La will beat uni blacks by close to 100 at dairy bell
Xavs coming off a tough and satisfying win against the bogans will go in confident against st bernys however the snake pit has been a fortress for the bernard fannings this year xavs in a close one by under 3 straight kicks
beauy upset and game of the round the derby brings out the best of both sides and i am going with the sharks in a nail biter (unless they have 4 players sent off like usual)
Scotch comforable winners over an improving fitzroy side
Blues comfortable winners over a struggling melbournians side

its going to be an interesting round of footy but im expecting a few blow outs
De La will beat uni blacks by close to 100 at dairy bell
Xavs coming off a tough and satisfying win against the bogans will go in confident against st bernys however the snake pit has been a fortress for the bernard fannings this year xavs in a close one by under 3 straight kicks
beauy upset and game of the round the derby brings out the best of both sides and i am going with the sharks in a nail biter (unless they have 4 players sent off like usual)
Scotch comforable winners over an improving fitzroy side
Blues comfortable winners over a struggling melbournians side

interesting to see your tipping xavs and beauy expect them to come out firing with all the numbers coming back this week.the likes of mclean zagni bloomer coglan and more the coach of this mob should be licking his lips.look out for charlie woodley to get his finger prints all over the pill at the snake pit as been in fantastic form as of late

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for Round 5:

De La Salle vs Uni Blacks - De La to move to 5-0 with a comfortable win at the dairy bell. De La by 75

Old Scotch vs Fitzroy - Scotch finally meet an easier opposition after a few hard games and if they have any thoughts about playing finals they need to win this and win well.. I expect Scotch to win by 50

St Bedes/Mentone vs Beaumaris - The Boganville Derby. should be an interesting match but i expect St Bedes to get up at Brindisi, The Tigers by 24

St Bernards vs Old Xaverians - Match of the round, could it be the match of the year to date with these to undefeated sides? Im expecting it to be a very hot footy come Saturday! will be tight all game with Xavs coming home the better like last week at Beauy... Xavs by a kick

Uni Blues vs Old Melburnians - Should be a close game between these two sides... the home ground advantage should be enough for Blues to get the points. Blues by 24

RFS and Rooster have being quite of late... would love to hear their thoughts on the round and how they are seeing the season unfold

RFS and Rooster have being quite of late... would love to hear their thoughts on the round and how they are seeing the season unfold

Thanks for the intro muf.

I reckon we'll get a better indication of where most sides are at when we have the week off in a fortnight.

I expect Xavs to be pushed all day tomorrow by Bernard's. My boys have enough tough one against OM's who have been close in almost all matches this year. De la have the blacks and might find some headaches with the tall blacks lineup. Scotchies and fitzroy will be another close one. Could go either way in my mind. The tigers should beat beauy but the sharks will take some heart keeping up with Xavs for three quarters last week.

Thanks for the vote of confidence MUF. Not as across the comp as much this season so opinions a little more reserved. A this early stage Xavs, De La and St Bernies perhaps a class above.

De La V Blacks After a good start De La have been average the last 2 games. Have got the points but have been a touch unconvincing. Will find another gear today and win easily. De La by 10 goals plus

Bernies V Xavs Massive game in the context of the season. 2 teams who will right there at the pointy end. Can’t believe I’m tipping against Xavs but home game advantage sways me to the Bernies in a very close game. St B’s by under 10 points in the match of the round

Scotch V Roys Both sides on the improve but I reckon Scotch by 5 goals.

Blues V OMs Blues coming together quite well. OMs pretty good last week against De La but again the home ground advantage sways me here. Blues by 4-5 goals

St Bedes V Beauy Beauy battling and were horrible when I saw them. St Bedes a bit up and down but should win this convincingly. St Bedes 8 –10 goals.

great contest down at the snake pit

xavs got the jump early with a couple of lucky goals from the boundary then bernards got their act together to get it back to nine points at 3qtr time.

last quarter bernards got within a kick only for xavs to lift and get a few quick goals in the last 5 minutes.

am sure these two teams will be seeing more of each other at the business end of the season

bit quiet on big footy lately ...thoughts on the first quarter of the season

In final ladder order................

Old Xaverians - Will win the flag clearly the best team

De La Salle - As I stated weeks ago it's a two horse ran and DeLa are clear second picks

St Bernards - Have been super, can they get near the top two prob not, battling for 3rd & 4th

St Bedes/Mentone - Are starting to put it together, Battling for 3rd & 4th but can't match the top two

Old Scotch - Battling for 3rd & 4th and can't match the top two have dropped off from previous years

Uni Blues - Prob the lesser of the 4 teams in the 3rd / 4th battle but have improved from last year

Old Melburnians - Need a new coach (simple)!!

Beaumaris - WTF?? luckly for Beauy Blacks, OM and Fitzroy maybe worse

Fitzroy - Looked to have improved with change of coach, only way is up for the rest of the year would expect them to just avoid dropping back

Uni Blacks - Are shocking and should have dropped back at the start of the year

Tips for this week:

Beaumaris vs Old Scotch - Beauy will try and stick with Scotch as long as possible but Scotch should be able to win easy in the end... Lucky for Beauy that both Blacks and Fitzroy are so terrible this year!!! Scotch by 40

Uni Blacks vs Old Melburnians - OM's to make it a uni double this week! another much needed 4 points for them to keep them clear of the bottom half! Blacks should have never asked to stay up! OM's by 60 plus!

St Bernards vs Uni Blues - Have seen both sides this year and I must say the snowdogs will be there come seasons end! The boys from the bits to win by 30

Old Xaverians vs St Bedes/Mentone - Another big clash for Xavs this week! should be a beauty between both sides looking to put a gap on the rest of the comp! Xavs won't want to drop any games at the dust bowl this year! Will be a close game in the horrible conditions forecasted! Xavs to pull clear late and win by 10

De La Salle vs Fitzroy - An easy win/percentage boost/bye for De La coming up at the Dairy Bell.... no need to talk any further about this game. De La by 150

Thoughts

Also who is the scribe this year? and what does everyone think of his write up this week about the weakness of the comp?

Horrible effort by me last week with 3 from 5.

Beauy V Scotch Beauy much harder to beat at home but having a shocker across both grades of 19s this year. Bleak year for the unders at Beaumaris

Blacks V OMs The Melburnians go ok and have troubled a few of the better teams. Blacks horrible last week. Hopefully after a few more games together they will improve but OMs to win this one.

St Bernies V Blues Bernies impressive and top 3 material for mine. Blues a bit up and down. Their best is pretty good but can’t see them winning at the pit.

OX V St Bedes St Bedes may get a few TAC boys back (although mail is that the TAC clubs want them to rest) Xavs have too much depth and should win comfortably.

De La V Fitzroy Diary Bell stadium is in much better nick than past years but still holds the water. Will be very heavy tomorrow which will prevent a blow out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back