U19 Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues are alot better than their record shows, once the get the likes of Wettenhall and Wardle back, they will string together a few wins id reckon

Blues are alot better than their record shows, once the get the likes of Wettenhall and Wardle back, they will string together a few wins id reckon

Yeah iv heard Wettenhall will be a big inclusion through the midfield if he can get his body right. has had a bad run of injuries.

maybe 'daisy' thomas should come to a OX u19 game and dob in the abusive supporters (ie u19 2nd team) that stand behind the goals.

(Inflammatory personal dig deleted in the interests of forum harmony - OTP)

when is the vafa u19 squad announced? was looking on the vafa site couldnt seem to find anything?
50% of the team will probably be from de la and xavs anyway, unless theres some 19s playing seniors i haven't heard about?

when is the vafa u19 squad announced? was looking on the vafa site couldnt seem to find anything?
50% of the team will probably be from de la and xavs anyway, unless theres some 19s playing seniors i haven't heard about?

You will find that there will in fact be very few from the De La or Xavs U19 teams. With the exception of 1 or 2 the team will be made up almost entirely of U19s who play seniors or have at least played some senior footy. From De La Jake Williams, who has played every game in the seniors, would be a certainty. Maybe Hugh Nicholson or Seb Gotch who have played a couple of senior games this year but that would be it. The team will be somewhat unfamiliar to those who follow U19s only.

thanks rooster, any idea on when the squad is announced and when/where the game is?

Sorry mate not in the VAFA inner sanctum so not sure on the finer details. The game is on 14th July so guess the squad will be announced in the next week or so. Was originally to be played at Pakenham but beleive that is no longer the case.

Sorry mate not in the VAFA inner sanctum so not sure on the finer details. The game is on 14th July so guess the squad will be announced in the next week or so. Was originally to be played at Pakenham but beleive that is no longer the case.

Nominations for the team were asked for last week. It will be coached by ex SBMT senior coach Owen Lalor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a great weekend we got coming up!

bernards hosting bedes

xavs hosting dela

thoughts?

You left out Fitz v's blacks!! could be the first nil all draw in VAFA history..

Xav's to strong for Dela at home, still think Xav's are a good way better than any other side..

Mentone looked to have built into the season nicely but Bern's have been very consitant and both have been close to the top two, Bern's at Home but only just

Some very big games in the context of the season. Great to see that most look evenly matched.

Xavs V De La. Toss of the coin. Head says home ground advantage might be difference but I have faith in the Blue & Gold. Have been ordinary the last few rounds and due to hit their straps. Either way both clubs will relish a tight game as most weeks have been blowouts. De La by 10 points.

St Bernies V SBMT. Home ground advantage sways me to the Bernies. One thing for sure it will be a torrid encounter. The team that maintains their discipline will get the points. Bernies by 16 points

Beauy V OMs. If it was at Albert Park I would tip the OMs in a canter but Beauy on the improve and play the wide expanses of Banksia very well. OMs by 20 points

Scotch V Uni Blues. Both clubs have been a touch disappointing this season. Scotch in particular have been pretty solid the last few years and have fallen away this year. Blues fortunes have fluctuated wildly this year. Very good one week and poor the next. Reckon they are due and I will tip them in a close one. Blues by 15 points

Blacks V Fitzroy. First a compliment to both clubs. As I understand it they were each offered the opportunity go down a grade but declined. Would have been a much easier road for them in 2nd division however they have put development ahead of results so well done. Blacks really battling so the Roys by 4 - 5 goals

Some very big games in the context of the season. Great to see that most look evenly matched.

Xavs V De La. Toss of the coin. Head says home ground advantage might be difference but I have faith in the Blue & Gold. Have been ordinary the last few rounds and due to hit their straps. Either way both clubs will relish a tight game as most weeks have been blowouts. De La by 10 points.

St Bernies V SBMT. Home ground advantage sways me to the Bernies. One thing for sure it will be a torrid encounter. The team that maintains their discipline will get the points. Bernies by 16 points

Beauy V OMs. If it was at Albert Park I would tip the OMs in a canter but Beauy on the improve and play the wide expanses of Banksia very well. OMs by 20 points

Scotch V Uni Blues. Both clubs have been a touch disappointing this season. Scotch in particular have been pretty solid the last few years and have fallen away this year. Blues fortunes have fluctuated wildly this year. Very good one week and poor the next. Reckon they are due and I will tip them in a close one. Blues by 15 points

Blacks V Fitzroy. First a compliment to both clubs. As I understand it they were each offered the opportunity go down a grade but declined. Would have been a much easier road for them in 2nd division however they have put development ahead of results so well done. Blacks really battling so the Roys by 4 - 5 goals

Old Scotch vs Uni Blues - Should be a close match between 2 sides that could be top 4 if they wanted, I'm expecting Blues to come out and get the points by about 2 goals but if either side was not to show up the other side could easily win by 10 goals

Beaumaris vs Old Melburnians - I've seen both sides and OM's seem to be the more impressive of the two... Will be another tight round like the theme of the round. OM's by less then 2 goals

Uni Blacks vs Fitzroy - Have to agree with Rooster, both clubs could have done what Brighton did last year and one club will get a big reward this weekend. Fitzroy in a battle by 4 games

St Bernards vs St Bedes/Mentone - Maybe a preview for the second semi in September.. The snake pit should be enough for Bernards to get the points by 25

Old Xaverians vs De La Salle - Game of the season anyone? It's always a cracker between these sides and hopefully tomorrow will be the same! Both teams will be relishing the high standard of footy! Will be tight all day with Xavs pulling away late to win by 10 points

Old Scotch vs Uni Blues - Should be a close match between 2 sides that could be top 4 if they wanted, I'm expecting Blues to come out and get the points by about 2 goals but if either side was not to show up the other side could easily win by 10 goals

Beaumaris vs Old Melburnians - I've seen both sides and OM's seem to be the more impressive of the two... Will be another tight round like the theme of the round. OM's by less then 2 goals

Uni Blacks vs Fitzroy - Have to agree with Rooster, both clubs could have done what Brighton did last year and one club will get a big reward this weekend. Fitzroy in a battle by 4 games

St Bernards vs St Bedes/Mentone - Maybe a preview for the second semi in September.. The snake pit should be enough for Bernards to get the points by 25

Old Xaverians vs De La Salle - Game of the season anyone? It's always a cracker between these sides and hopefully tomorrow will be the same! Both teams will be relishing the high standard of footy! Will be tight all day with Xavs pulling away late to win by 10 points

I will have these!

Was some game down at stradbroke yesterday... De La clearly got the jump before xavs begged them back and kicked clear! Next weeks match at dairy bell will be an interesting one! Thoughts from Rooster on the game/next week?

5 from 5 this week too!

Was some game down at stradbroke yesterday... De La clearly got the jump before xavs begged them back and kicked clear! Next weeks match at dairy bell will be an interesting one! Thoughts from Rooster on the game/next week?

5 from 5 this week too!

A mirror image of seniors game really - Da La good early but overun in the end. Credit to Xavs in both games and they deserved the result. Hope we can reverse the result when we host them later in the year when we have a triple header featuring the 19s. Looking forward to this week against Bernies. We have had a soft run for too many weeks and really need a few tough games.

A mirror image of seniors game really - Da La good early but overun in the end. Credit to Xavs in both games and they deserved the result. Hope we can reverse the result when we host them later in the year when we have a triple header featuring the 19s. Looking forward to this week against Bernies. We have had a soft run for too many weeks and really need a few tough games.

xavs have some genuine guns, who are strong around the ball and have a dominant midfield when up and about, who all work together so well, and will make it hard for them to beat come finals. Dela also have a strong midfield aswell but have some genuine stars like nicholson, wilson, H haley and hamilton who when all work together are the best in the comp but stretches, come september it will be a battle of the forward lines who walk away with the flag.

xavs have some genuine guns, who are strong around the ball and have a dominant midfield when up and about, who all work together so well, and will make it hard for them to beat come finals. Dela also have a strong midfield aswell but have some genuine stars like nicholson, wilson, H haley and hamilton who when all work together are the best in the comp but stretches, come september it will be a battle of the forward lines who walk away with the flag.

that was a very contradicting statement kanga! Next time in English!

Tips:

Old Melburnians vs Old Scotch - OM's are playing well lately and Scotch not so much... add the home ground advantage and OM's will be winning by 30

Uni Blues vs Beaumaris - Uni Blues are a finals contender... Beaumaris are not even half the side they were last season... Blues to hand Beauy a lesson in football... Blues by 80

Old Xaverians vs Uni Blacks - This will be a complete opposite of last weeks match up for Xavs.... they can't take Blacks for granted... if Xavs show up like they did last season... it could easily be an ugly scoreline and a win by at least 150

Fitzroy vs St Bedes/Mentone - Fitzroy got their win last week which will do them the world of good... but coming up against a side wanting to play finals in a must win game for them I'll be expecting Bedes to win from anywhere between 80 and 120 points

De La Salle vs St Bernards - Clearly the game of the round... big game for both clubs with the loser handing up 2nd spot to the winner which could be important come the end of the season... should be a cracker like last week.... would love to know if the game will be filmed(Rooster?) Im sitting on the fence here by tipping either side under 15.5... maybe having a saver on the draw...

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back