A Section Premier 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the Xavs/Carey game and support neither. Handley nearly took Yze's head off in the first 3 mins. Yze off concussed, no report!!! OC probably should have won it. Yze brother missed one goal in 3rd heading to scoreboard, 2 sitters for goals in last that missed and a set kick that should have at least scored. When are the Umpires going to penalise Xavs for taking on the tackler, grab the ball, try and break free, go to ground....ball up. Its been happening for years.

Pretty interesting game of footy to watch. Well not really. It was horrible. What was interesting was the calamity that the 3 guys in orange put on. Why do the ammo's persit on putting L platers on for A Grade games. Not to mentioned testing out a 14 y.o boundary umpire on one half of the ground. Complete lack of control and no understanding of certain rules.
I am not sure who the last person was to be reported for jumping to take a mark and getting their hands on the ball. Unfortunate for Adem he was standing in the way, a report.....really?. Apparently the carey boys were a little unhappy to have lost Rowe to a music festival in Byron. Kicking a game clear of 5th obviously not a huge priority.

Pretty interesting game of footy to watch. Well not really. It was horrible. What was interesting was the calamity that the 3 guys in orange put on. Why do the ammo's persit on putting L platers on for A Grade games. Not to mentioned testing out a 14 y.o boundary umpire on one half of the ground. Complete lack of control and no understanding of certain rules.
I am not sure who the last person was to be reported for jumping to take a mark and getting their hands on the ball. Unfortunate for Adem he was standing in the way, a report.....really?. Apparently the carey boys were a little unhappy to have lost Rowe to a music festival in Byron. Kicking a game clear of 5th obviously not a huge priority.
So Adam got his "rubber" legs and helped off the ground by trainers due to sunstroke? You incur concussion from a forceful blow to the head. Last time I looked the head is above the shoulders.
Zebal got 4 weeks for same outcome, oh thats right, the Carlton player was also in the way.
As for the Umpires I agree, their decision making was incomprehensible for most of the game.

So Adam got his "rubber" legs and helped off the ground by trainers due to sunstroke? You incur concussion from a forceful blow to the head. Last time I looked the head is above the shoulders.
Zebal got 4 weeks for same outcome, oh thats right, the Carlton player was also in the way.
As for the Umpires I agree, their decision making was incomprehensible for most of the game.

Unintentional contact in a marking contact is not reportable. Just because it was Yze and he couldnt hold his balance doesnt mean its reportable. Football is a contact game. Harden up. Zeibel didnt get 4 weeks for the same outcome. He didnt get his hands on the ball.

Unintentional contact in a marking contact is not reportable. Just because it was Yze and he couldnt hold his balance doesnt mean its reportable. Football is a contact game. Harden up. Zeibel didnt get 4 weeks for the same outcome. He didnt get his hands on the ball.
From where l was and Yze reaction l think the "rubber" legs was from contact to the hip and that caused him to stagger, unable to put weight on the leg for a while. There was contact to the head also.
With the umpiring, how they picked out 3 delibrate out of bounds when there was literally 30-40 of them much worse and not paid. None of them should have be paid, more attention seeking than anything else.

I am not .
For what it's worth, this has been an increasing problem for a number of years now and i feel sorry for the young fellas who have been thrown to the wolves, but really what alternative does the VAFA have when no one wants to be an umpire?? Hang on maybe instead of coaxing ex-players into a 5th fwd assistant coach position on a junket to a u23 game to Perth, maybe the VAFA should be getting on the front foot and target ex-players to become umpires. Wouldnt it be great if the VAFA was full of ex-players umpiring in the comp they love making the comp even more unique in the footy landscape. It is now getting to desperation stakes and it will need a group of at least 20 to show up and change things. Ex-players will be more likely to come up with practical decision making rather than the random interpretation that seems to be going on at the moment.

From where l was and Yze reaction l think the "rubber" legs was from contact to the hip and that caused him to stagger, unable to put weight on the leg for a while. There was contact to the head also.
With the umpiring, how they picked out 3 delibrate out of bounds when there was literally 30-40 of them much worse and not paid. None of them should have be paid, more attention seeking than anything else.

Yes the OOB's rule is ridiculous for non-AFL football as its hard to manage effectively, basically umpires are ruling by the protest noise rather than facts on most occassions.:rolleyes:

As with all leagues, if the OOB rule is to stop time wasting, then why the hell are players able to kicked the ball :footy: 50 mtrs through the goals when they are alone in the goal square o_O - surely that is more of a waste of time than someone trying to defend.:thumbsu:

It takes the old boys 15 minutes to either climb trees, cross roads/rivers, walk over mud 'n sludge just to retrieve a blooming kick :oops: more suited to pumping into a 4 tier grandstand.:confused:

Come on VAFA, get rid of this time wasting blight.:D

Cheers

'The Retriever'

CC

Agree with all of that, Carlton2011 and CC.

Now..... this week:

Scotchies v DLS
Carey v Blues
Collegians v a hapless Caulfield (I really feel for Pres. Matt)
Xavs v Trinity
Bernies v SBMT in a tight one on a ground unfit for showcase football

Scotch- Very tight game at home. playing to stay in touch
Carey- Finishing the year strongly
Collegians- Could get ugly for Caulfield
Xavs- Too strong for Trinity, 10 plus goals
Bernards- In a tight one.

One of St Bernards most loved and well respected sons, plays 150 this week. Congratulations to Daniel Byrne! Hopefully the Snowdogs lift to salute a club legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love the article on the vafa website about Carey training at Collngwood.

They pump it and tell you how good it was as available to all clubs to use.

What they neglect to tell you is that they charge you a not insignificant fee...Collingwood sent a letter to all clubs "offering" their facilities.

Aren't they rich enough?

DLS
Carey
Coll
Xavs
Bernies

Don't think there will be any upsets this week (maybe scotch)

Is there any chance of sautner being back for the granny?

DLS
Carey
Coll
Xavs
Bernies

Don't think there will be any upsets this week (maybe scotch)

Is there any chance of sautner being back for the granny?

These tips are 5 winners.

DLS
Carey
Collegians
Xavs
Bernies

Any news on injuries and what not? I know De La have a few missing this week, and collegians have a few out as well. Any issues at other clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back