A Section Premier 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tried to take the prescribed - tribunal said no.

Couple of questions - any reasons why the tribunal/VAFA wouldn't let a player take a prescribed penalty? Had a look at the vision, not a great action and right to stamp it out, but the player on the receiving end got up and kicked a goal from 45m out, so obviously impact was low. If he knocked him out or player was hurt enough to at least leave the field for a bit I would understand, but he got up fairly quickly.

Also I see J.Bull from Scotch received 2 weeks for same report (forceful front on contact) and was able to take the prescribed which was 2 weeks. Does anyone know what qtr and minute that incident occured? Would be interested in comparing the actions but don't want to watch the whole Scotch game!

Couple of questions - any reasons why the tribunal/VAFA wouldn't let a player take a prescribed penalty? Had a look at the vision, not a great action and right to stamp it out, but the player on the receiving end got up and kicked a goal from 45m out, so obviously impact was low. If he knocked him out or player was hurt enough to at least leave the field for a bit I would understand, but he got up fairly quickly.

Also I see J.Bull from Scotch received 2 weeks for same report (forceful front on contact) and was able to take the prescribed which was 2 weeks. Does anyone know what qtr and minute that incident occured? Would be interested in comparing the actions but don't want to watch the whole Scotch game!

I'd probably agree if the StKobs player hadn't run past the ball to deliver the hit, casting no aspersion cause weve all gotten white line fever but he lined Johnstone up and did it 100% on purpose. Going by the AFL assesment it had to be deliberate action, high contact, low or mid impact (although i stand by my previous claim, ive got no idea how Johnstone got up from that, tough b******).

Last Qtr. 16min - 19min mark. 10 years ago a good hip and shoulder. The AFL have stuffed the game...

The question needs to be asked...was the report referred straight to the tribunal or could the player have taken the prescribed?
Pazza, it was upgraded by the umpire on match day from 2 games to 4 games. Michael Christian, who sits on the AFL tribunal, studied the vision and graded it as a one match suspension at the most at AFL level. The OX player kindly wrote a letter saying it was low impact and he made contact with his deltoid.
The SKOB player chose to appeal the upgrade but the tribunal disagreed with all evidence and added a week.

Putting your head over the pill is toughness. Lining up a player with no intention of getting the pill is the opposite.

I viewed the Scotch footage, agree with flat footy. Outrageous that Bull was reported & suspended, it was a bump to the shoulder of the Parkdale player, even with the Parkdale player going low at the very last moment. Bull incredibly stiff.

Putting your head over the pill is toughness. Lining up a player with no intention of getting the pill is the opposite.

If you look at it closely, he at no stage bends over to pick up the ball. The ball bounces up, he has bent knees and grabs it, his shoulders at no time get below knee level...ie : bending over. More like a Selwwood dip of legs. I dont follow OS, but 2 weeks for that is a joke..........

About as tough as you potting people behind your username? I bet you have never played in the manic pressure of an A grade game, where you make split second decisions, just like your D grade mate Hedge Fund.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that the same umpire who red-carded Gilham for a marking contest a few minutes later in Q3 (27min-29min mark)? I would suggest you look at the vision of that marking contest and ask yourself if the umpire was perhaps a bit card happy that day and maybe should get some more love from the umpires coach at training. If he's willing to card a player for that action I have concerns over his ability to umpire football at this level.
One of the more remarkable reports I've seen at any level, that umpire had a howler last week. Paid free kicks all day to one team but ignored the same free kicks to the other. I also note that the OX time keeper insisted Gilham must stay off for 18 minutes of play, not the required 12.

One of the more remarkable reports I've seen at any level, that umpire had a howler last week. Paid free kicks all day to one team but ignored the same free kicks to the other. I also note that the OX time keeper insisted Gilham must stay off for 18 minutes of play, not the required 12.

would like to hope he isn't getting an A or B grade game this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd have to think that if the umpires had been fair that the result would have gone the other way...

No wonder the OX time keep had this wrong, have you seen Xavier's VCE results lately???

About as tough as you potting people behind your username? I bet you have never played in the manic pressure of an A grade game, where you make split second decisions, just like your D grade mate Hedge Fund.

If I'm not mistaken Wissell has played for SKOB for many years, though perhaps playing in the more sedate pace of Premier B for so long meant he couldn't adjust to the "manic pressure of an A grade game".

What a lot of rubbish from you Brian. Watch the tape with both eyes open please. He could have easily bent down to try to grab the footy when Johnston fumbled it forward, and turn his body side one to protect himself. Instead, he decided to mow through Johnston and cops his right whack. Hmmmm, then again......perhaps it's really Tomi Johnston's fault? As the long time VFL experienced player, he should have been able to get around Wissell with ease. Obviously taking it too easy at this lower level.

As for the assessment of the prospects of a successful challenge by the SKOB Assistant Coach, well I guess you can put that down to another "miscalculation". Bloke deserved 4, got an extra game for taking it to the Tribunal.

Fair enough.

Bloke deserves 5 in comparison to some of the weak as piss 2 week suspensions.

Good point you raise. Looking at the Bull suspension, in comparison 5 does seem fair. But main issue is the Bull suspension is worth zero. Would have thought 2-3 for Wissel incident is about right. 2 if he accepts it, 3 if challenged and not let off, which he wouldn't be. As I mentioned earlier and according to the Xavs player, he got him high in the shoulder area and got up and jagged a goal from 45 out. Doesn't seem right someone missed 5 weeks when that was the impact...

You have no credibility here. Even before your alleged involvement in the great Scribe cancelling his account.

I viewed the Scotch footage, agree with flat footy. Outrageous that Bull was reported & suspended, it was a bump to the shoulder of the Parkdale player, even with the Parkdale player going low at the very last moment. Bull incredibly stiff.
I was speaking more generically as "flat footy" was talking of tough times and players of the past and how football is soft nowadays. Bull is predominately a ball player whose toughness is not in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back