B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

For what it's worth this is what I have heard for B Section so far:
- Fitzroy have kept the ones they want and may add a brother into the mix
- Caulfield lost their best and a couple of older ones
- Trinity have lost the big cat that is Walsh
- OMs are still trying to work out who played for them last year
- St.Kevins have lost their backman Bishop but strong rumours on Salopek & Nathan Thompson continue
- Bloods may be in for an interesting time if the rumours are true about the exits. I hear Nicolop gone as well?
- Werribee have lost gun ruckman Huxtable to cash

Cheers
FWIW

- St.Kevins have lost their backman Bishop but strong rumours on Salopek & Nathan Thompson continue
- Bloods may be in for an interesting time if the rumours are true about the exits. I hear Nicolop gone as well?

Cheers
FWIW
Pretty good summations there, Bishop overseas but a couple of big boys to replace him. Steve Salopek is more than a rumour, he is onboard whereas Nathan Thompson is seeking 'Greener' pastures (think the US$) and won't be pulling on the boots at SKOB.
The 'brother' Fitzroy are chasing wants a gig as a PE teacher so I suggest he will be fronting up at Fish Creek again with Robert Eddy and his mates. I have a funny story regarding Nicolopolous for another day but I would be very surprised if he pulls on an OH jumper. With the losses of Seccull and a few others they may be mid to lower on the table again at best.

Cheers
FWIW

Trinity have lost Jake Walsh as well. Going the USA as a college punter.
He joins Gleeson brothers OI, Dunnachie Marc, 1 x St bernards, punting in the USA.

Pretty good summations there, Bishop overseas but a couple of big boys to replace him. Steve Salopek is more than a rumour, he is onboard whereas Nathan Thompson is seeking 'Greener' pastures (think the US$) and won't be pulling on the boots at SKOB.
The 'brother' Fitzroy are chasing wants a gig as a PE teacher so I suggest he will be fronting up at Fish Creek again with Robert Eddy and his mates. I have a funny story regarding Nicolopolous for another day but I would be very surprised if he pulls on an OH jumper. With the losses of Seccull and a few others they may be mid to lower on the table again at best.

Young Nico becoming quite the club whore. About 4 clubs in 5 years. Shame as he is good young kid who has some ability but needs to stop collecting football jumpers. Has he gone to Doncaster? That was a tip from earlier in the off-season.

Brizza, Any gems from Rick Ladson re the going on out at the Dons?

Pretty much agree with everything you have said there Brian

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those Werribee blokes mentioned are very good players, Im msure they can replace them to some extent though.
Not a lot coming out of Caulfield, anyone have any info on them?
Numbers at Parkdale have been HUGE, expect them to be mid table at worst, pushing for finals.

Werribee look to be bleeding - Huxtable, Panayi, Schibeci, and more heading to the WRFL.
Also add Boomer Anderson, Taylor, both Morrow brothers, Cunningham, Nobby Carlton, Palmington and Norton which only leaves 5 left from the grand final side in 2011'

Gone....are Werribee. Just like Rupo, its really hard for some clubs in the Ammos, without the big school feeder and history to maintain the rage. Western leagues have money and loyalty is often brought up over generations. It's a shame, but its the money game and I will push no blame and is always the same names.

Speaking to a OM's guy on the weekend and they are very bullish about the season ahead. Apparantly haven't lost anyone and have picked up 3 or 4 from their recent B Grade premiership side. They are close to convincing Playfair to pull on the boots again as well.
The word is that for the first time in a long time everyone seems to be happy with the coach.....

There is also some confidence building at the Roys. Lost only Jimmy O (who will be a big loss) and look to have about half a dozen inclusions come Round 1.

Going to be quite an even year one thinks....

It will be great to have Fitzroy up in B, fantastic for the VAFA, coached of course by a St Kevin's legend in Michael Pickering :)
As I have posted previously, I am tipping Parkdale to be a force, they now have the might of Mordi Brae jnr footy club behind them as well as a heap of St Bedes kids and guys like Grovesy running around. Also coached by another St Kevin's lad in Sammy Radford :)
You would have to think Trinity will be strong with Rambo still playing and a good young midfield, whereas reports out if Caulfield is that they are putting a very good young and strong side together.
Haileybury are always hard to beat, especially at the badlands so I'm
not expecting anything to change there.
By all reports Werribee have lost a few but again, they are a very strong club who had some superb wind last year in the road.
As mentioned above, OMs are always strong and a very professional outfit, they recruit well and have a strong school behind them.
Ajax are another strong club with some big signings who can blow teams away on their day, a massive junior feeder club who should ensure their long term stay at the top of the VAFA grades.
Finally OB, their juniors are back in 19 Premier and their seniors are always strong, along with the home ground advantage they have at South Road. They also have the benchwarmer, an absolute VAFA legend!
Early doors tips for top 4 in no order.
OT
OB
Parkdale
SKOB

It will be great to have Fitzroy up in B, fantastic for the VAFA, coached of course by a St Kevin's legend in Michael Pickering :)
As I have posted previously, I am tipping Parkdale to be a force, they now have the might of Mordi Brae jnr footy club behind them as well as a heap of St Bedes kids and guys like Grovesy running around. Also coached by another St Kevin's lad in Sammy Radford :)
You would have to think Trinity will be strong with Rambo still playing and a good young midfield, whereas reports out if Caulfield is that they are putting a very good young and strong side together.
Haileybury are always hard to beat, especially at the badlands so I'm
not expecting anything to change there.
By all reports Werribee have lost a few but again, they are a very strong club who had some superb wind last year in the road.
As mentioned above, OMs are always strong and a very professional outfit, they recruit well and have a strong school behind them.
Ajax are another strong club with some big signings who can blow teams away on their day, a massive junior feeder club who should ensure their long term stay at the top of the VAFA grades.
Finally OB, their juniors are back in 19 Premier and their seniors are always strong, along with the home ground advantage they have at South Road. They also have the benchwarmer, an absolute VAFA legend!
Early doors tips for top 4 in no order.
OT
OB
Parkdale
SKOB

Sorry, went to the wrong Thread, but BS I agree on your selection. OT were competitive last year (sound odd for a team that was relegated), and should be able to handle most teams comfortably. Tim Walsh - Not a great loss.

BS why no mention of the upgrading of TH King. You guys should over the moon not having to run in the mud all year round.

Melways Max

OH have picked up a few from their co-tenant St Pauls.

Namely:

Jackson Heagney (2011 u/18 TAC cup Sandy premiership player)
Brent & Mitch Rafferty (brothers of Jarrod, both played senior football at St Pauls)
Nicho Salvatore (Brian Lake look-a-like key defender looking for senior opportunity)

Hopefully Ridgy has a big year!

Anyone know of the Thorpdale ties with the Caulfield boys? A bit of talent gone there. Was having a look at the mid gippy league thread and noticed carbonis name, then saw slevo. Not familiar with collossimo(spelling?) The fore mentioned will be more than handy in that league would think.

Practice matches this week?
Fitzroy v St Kevins @ Vic Park Sunday.

Good game out at Vic Park on Sunday with both teams really putting on a good showing. St Kevins won the ressies quite easily and won the senior game by about a goal.
I was impressed by both sides attack on the ball and particulary the Roys tackling. Ablett, Vansstitart, Pickering notable absentees for the Roys - not sure how many St Kevs has out but I would imagine the same. St Kevs have added a couple of big bodies to the forward line and Edgar is a jet.
If anything, it showed the Roys have the ability to compete at this level and may surprise a couple of teams during the year.

Anyone know of the Thorpdale ties with the Caulfield boys? A bit of talent gone there. Was having a look at the mid gippy league thread and noticed carbonis name, then saw slevo. Not familiar with collossimo(spelling?) The fore mentioned will be more than handy in that league would think.

Colosimo is usually incredibly well dressed and has been sporting some hairdos that will surely involve getting beat up down Gippy way, Carbs will need masking tape to keep his body together and Slevo was just looking for the smallest ground in Vic!

In all seriousness none of these lads played much last year (Slevo in the BARFL), they are close and I think you'll find that there are some other transfers to said club that they are linked too.

Good Luck to all 3, Carbs in particular who has bled Blue & White for a decade!

Remove this Banner Ad

B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back