B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to Haileybury for securing the ground but looking at this objectively and putting aside any club allegiance it would seem that that Ajax might have been hard done by here. Their juniors have based at PP for many years. As stated most of their players and supporters reside in the Glen Eira council area. While obviously Haileybury has been playing in Glen Eira for 30 odd years remember their main school is in the City of Greater Dandenong and they have campuses in Casey and Bayside.

Surely you jest Privateye? How many games have been played yet? Parkdale a very strong club now they are aligned with Mordi-Brae, only going one way and that is up.

My selections for tomorrow are Trinity, Fitzroy, SKOB, OH, OB.

High paced game of football played on a fast track(pardon the pun) at Caulfield. Gale force winds at stages made the going difficult, but both teams managed to put on a pretty decent spectacle. Had a look at both huddles during the breaks & plenty of fresh faced kids in both camps and they can all seriously play. SKOB missing S Salopek, Chivers, Marchesani, K Wissell & Taylor amongst others & CG missing 4-5 starters as well. Plenty of upside for SKOB & all the people predicting CG for the double drop need to think twice as they will trouble everybody paying them a visit & do their fair share of damage on the road as well. Watched 2nd half of ressies & depth in both camps there as well. Too early for predictions on these 2 sides, but it may be a 2 tiered competition this year.

A few questionable efforts from a few skob players saw caulfield have 1 on the bench from about midway through the 3rd quarter from what I saw.

It'll be interesting to see how the teams who got torched last week, go again this week, any predictions?

Luckily it's a long season so players have time to get over early injuries. I expect OB to have a win this time around,
along with the impressive Caulfield, although OMs will be stinging from last weeks performance.
Surely all coaches in the VAFA know that Iezzi has to have a heavy tag each week, even if he's not playing? OTs to salute again.
When Ajax are good they are very good, with Routman and Poyas leading the way, they will get the points again tomorrow.
Finally I expect Parkdale to come out and show how good they really are on
the superb surface at Princes Park.

The word is several clubs have been hit by gastro this week, I wonder if this will make a difference to the results?
OH, OT, OMs, SKOB, Ajax...5 out of 5 guaranteed.
What's happened to Cardio Carl?????????

The word is several clubs have been hit by gastro this week, I wonder if this will make a difference to the results?
OH, OT, OMs, SKOB, Ajax...5 out of 5 guaranteed.
What's happened to Cardio Carl?????????

Get on Old Brighton, there is a new resolve - sick of being out of contention at the halfway mark and then having to fight for a final four spot. They have the cattle to be top two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think either camps expected the score lines at the wind tunnel last Saturday. Old H coming off impressive wins in their first 2 games were expected to be too much of a handful for SKOB, but after 1/4 time it was one way traffic. SKOB matched their intensity with some polished ball use which was lacking all day at South Rd las week(Old B very good BTW). Old H has too much ability for this to be any more than just 'one of those days' which SKOB suffered last week as well. Some interesting results to date but I'm surprised Caulfield hasn't notched up a win yet after a solid rnd 1 display.

Don't think either camps expected the score lines at the wind tunnel last Saturday. Old H coming off impressive wins in their first 2 games were expected to be too much of a handful for SKOB, but after 1/4 time it was one way traffic. SKOB matched their intensity with some polished ball use which was lacking all day at South Rd las week(Old B very good BTW). Old H has too much ability for this to be any more than just 'one of those days' which SKOB suffered last week as well. Some interesting results to date but I'm surprised Caulfield hasn't notched up a win yet after a solid rnd 1 display.

For what its worth it appears my pre-season picks are about right bar AJAX. They seem to be the surprise packet especially after Saturday's result. Did anyone see that game vs. OMs? Has Poyas made that much difference?

For what its worth it appears my pre-season picks are about right bar AJAX. They seem to be the surprise packet especially after Saturday's result. Did anyone see that game vs. OMs? Has Poyas made that much difference?

Poyas hasn't played the last week or two so it's not just down to him

Just read a most cringeworthy story by Brad Beitzel stating "if there were a mayor's cup for the best Amateur team in bayside then Hampton Rovers would have taken the lead". what a tosser, if OB, Rovers,SBMT and Beauy played off OB would smash rovers by 15 and Beauy & SMBT probably do the same if not more. Rovers are in D1 for a reason and OB are in B Grade. The teams are miles apart in terms of competitiveness so not sure if its Beitzel, but fair dinkum write an article on fact don't fairy-floss and hypothosise something that will never be measured for at least 2-3 years.

Just read a most cringeworthy story by Brad Beitzel stating "if there were a mayor's cup for the best Amateur team in bayside then Hampton Rovers would have taken the lead". what a tosser, if OB, Rovers,SBMT and Beauy played off OB would smash rovers by 15 and Beauy & SMBT probably do the same if not more. Rovers are in D1 for a reason and OB are in B Grade. The teams are miles apart in terms of competitiveness so not sure if its Beitzel, but fair dinkum write an article on fact don't fairy-floss and hypothosise something that will never be measured for at least 2-3 years.

Surely he is kidding.....Rovers were smashed by 20 goals each game last year in C Grade. How he could compare a D1 team to a B Grade team is beyond me.
OB would beat them by about 25 goals and I would hate to imagine what Beauy would do to them.

Having seen Beauy and knowing who is lining up for Rovers this year Beauy would tear them a new one in the space of 1 quarter. No contest Brad needs to travel around the bayside a bit more before he writes such dribble.

Having seen Beauy and knowing who is lining up for Rovers this year Beauy would tear them a new one in the space of 1 quarter. No contest Brad needs to travel around the bayside a bit more before he writes such dribble.
You must be the person who takes Beitzel's opinions seriously then!:)

You must be the person who takes Beitzel's opinions seriously then!:)
Only one that takes them seriously is Ms Sexton. Majority of readers just sit back and wonder how such pumped-up-tripe can be written by such a bias journalist.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back