B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Colosimo is usually incredibly well dressed and has been sporting some hairdos that will surely involve getting beat up down Gippy way, Carbs will need masking tape to keep his body together and Slevo was just looking for the smallest ground in Vic!

In all seriousness none of these lads played much last year (Slevo in the BARFL), they are close and I think you'll find that there are some other transfers to said club that they are linked too.

Good Luck to all 3, Carbs in particular who has bled Blue & White for a decade!

You can bet on that!!

Interesting to see how little regard for OM's. Leading Beaumaris in the Prelim final last year at 3/4 time. 2 best teams promoted. Clearly 3rd best team last year. Few losses and some big gains. Play the Junction very well. Surely pushing for finals in 2013.

For what its worth after hearing practice match results and viewing a couple of them my early finishing positions are:

Top 3 to come from OMs, SKOB & OTs
4th position to come from OB, OH
Need to see Parkdale again after their thrashing to Monash on the weekend but have them in the finals mix, Fitzroy should also be safe if they stay relatively injury free.
Bottom 2 to come from Caulfield, Werribee and AJAX.

Look forward to seeing what unfolds this week, some ripping games but the Parkdale/Brighton one might be a good place to start.

Not sure that practice match form means anything, under rate teams like Caulfield at your peril, all APS old boys teams are strong.
They will be hungry, fit, quick and well coached with a whole years experience playing in Premier, expect them to figure in finals.

For what its worth after hearing practice match results and viewing a couple of them my early finishing positions are:

Top 3 to come from OMs, SKOB & OTs
4th position to come from OB, OH
Need to see Parkdale again after their thrashing to Monash on the weekend but have them in the finals mix, Fitzroy should also be safe if they stay relatively injury free.
Bottom 2 to come from Caulfield, Werribee and AJAX.

Look forward to seeing what unfolds this week, some ripping games but the Parkdale/Brighton one might be a good place to start.
:thumbsu:
Would love to see Fitzroy finish safe mid table and not be in the relegation fight. It's not that long ago I can remember watching them under the Reds banner running around in the lower D division sections. I'll be happy to see us stay in B, after all staying up first time is going to be the hardest, then we can build towards a push to A.

Good to see Glen Eira council keeping Ajax out of the area, they have been an Albert Park club for many years and lets face it thats its not that far from their supporter base, a 5 minute drive !

Any chance of some proper, normal discussion on this board?
Too many fools here.

Agreed - idiots like moore are not needed

Round 1 coming up. Who's everyone tipping?

here's my go - for no reason in particular since i dont know anyones form

Old Trinity v Old Melburnians
Daley Oval, Trinity Grammar

AJAX v Fitzroy
Gary Smorgon Oval

Parkdale Vultures v Old Brighton
Gerry Green Reserve

Caulfield Grammarians v St Kevins
Glenhuntly Oval

Werribee Districts v Old Haileybury
Soldiers Reserve

Anyone care to give tips and explanations to give the intro some colour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tricky tipping without seeing anyone yet, but I get the feeling they'll all match up pretty evenly this round.
The Parky/Tonners game should be a cracker, good on the Vultures who unfurl their second flag in as many years.

AJAX v Fitzroy
Caulfield v St Kevins

And people wonder why more AJAX people don't post here.
Ajax FC applied for the ground allocation at princes park when caulfield Bears moved to koornang rd.Ajax FC wanted to be at same home ground as its juniors.
Further 75% of the senior players live within glen eira , in and around princes park.Any objective consideration would grant Ajax FC the ground allocation at Princes Park.However council conspired to move Old haileybury to Princes Park.
For those who make unbiased posts-thank you.

Fair enough, but Ajax have always been an Albert Park club and really its not far to travel from Gen Eira There would be so many clubs of all standards that would enjoy the facilities of Gary Smorgen Oval.
Ajax have not always been at Albert park.the club has been to,Faulkner park, Brunswick,moorabbin,sandringham,Elsternwick park and others.It has been at Gary Smorgon oval since 1996. The facilities are fine.They do need some upgrade like south Melbourne next door.However the ajax juniors , supporters and playing group predominantly live in Glen Eira.Ajax is not complaining about facilities.it is complaining about the treatment by glen eira council.why move old haileybury further away from its home in keysborough or Mentone ??why not let Ajax play on alternative Saturdays at princes park where Ajax juniors play on a Sunday.??
OM
AJAX
SKOB
OH
OB

For what it's worth, anything that gets OH away from the badlands has to be a good thing. All the away teams for me this week.

AJAX v Fitzroy
Caulfield v St Kevins

Ajax have not always been at Albert park.the club has been to,Faulkner park, Brunswick,moorabbin,sandringham,Elsternwick park and others.It has been at Gary Smorgon oval since 1996. The facilities are fine.They do need some upgrade like south Melbourne next door.However the ajax juniors , supporters and playing group predominantly live in Glen Eira.Ajax is not complaining about facilities.it is complaining about the treatment by glen eira council.why move old haileybury further away from its home in keysborough or Mentone ??why not let Ajax play on alternative Saturdays at princes park where Ajax juniors play on a Sunday.??
OM
AJAX
SKOB
OH
OB

GS, re: Princes Park.
There was a rumour that AJAX offered the council $80K to move there. Is this the case?
If so, was the $80K going to be invested into the facilities, or a cash payment to the council?
If it was the former, a club willing to invest that amount of money into council facililites would be no brainer for mine.
Strange decision.

Old Caufield players played a big part in Thorpedales win last weekend up country.
One player, forgot his name (OC player) kicked 11 goals. All three teamd won.
The township went "nuts" Expect to see more there next year.

GS, re: Princes Park.
There was a rumour that AJAX offered the council $80K to move there. Is this the case?
If so, was the $80K going to be invested into the facilities, or a cash payment to the council?
If it was the former, a club willing to invest that amount of money into council facililites would be no brainer for mine.
Strange decision.

There was a substantial sum offered by Ajax FC to upgrade the koornang rd facilities for public use.
There was no payment to glen eira council..as no one wanted that risk.
The payment was to upgrade a public facility..only with gen eira council spproval.
It was rejected, regrettably by council.

Remove this Banner Ad

B Section Premier B - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back