Premier B 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similiar incident, Coll v Skobs.week before last. ..Skobs 22, (left hook) hit Tardif. He went down with a split eye, off for 12mins blood rule..
When the Umpire was questioned, why he wasnt reported? He simply said he didnt hit him hard enough.

So lets get this clear........... Player 22 drops Tardif and opens his eye up off 12 mins. Umpire conclusion, Yes he hit him but not hard enough.

...WTF!!!
Unless Tardiff played in the ressies you've fingered the wrong man :(

Ouch that stings! Roys boot goal at 31 minute mark of a thrilling last quarter to beat the home side. Even at that late stage Monash still had another shot at goal but couldn't nail it. The Roys seemed to have the rub of the green but were cleaner and harder for most of the contest as well. The Ashes have some serious work to make their first B grade finals series since 1982!

Scotch play Haileybury, Hampton & Fitzroy. Despite their poor form should make it. Couldn't see them doing any damage in the finals though.

Brighton - Monash, Beauy & Haileybury

Fitzroy - Beauy, Scotch & Parkdale

Monash - Brighton, Parkdale & St Bedes

Parkdale - Hampton, Monash & Fitzroy

Brighton look the best of the rest but Parkdale easiest run home. Great to have some interesting footy still being played over the last couple of weeks.

Scotch play Haileybury, Hampton & Fitzroy. Despite their poor form should make it. Couldn't see them doing any damage in the finals though.

Brighton - Monash, Beauy & Haileybury

Fitzroy - Beauy, Scotch & Parkdale

Monash - Brighton, Parkdale & St Bedes

Parkdale - Hampton, Monash & Fitzroy

Brighton look the best of the rest but Parkdale easiest run home. Great to have some interesting footy still being played over the last couple of weeks.

What has happened to the Cardinals? Last time I saw them was against Fitzroy at K2 and they were very competitive.

What has happened to the Cardinals? Last time I saw them was against Fitzroy at K2 and they were very competitive.

Heavier grounds do not suit their style of play. If it was cold, wet and heavy all year round they would be relegated to C.

Heavier grounds do not suit their style of play. If it was cold, wet and heavy all year round they would be relegated to C.
Ipso facto, when the fine weather arrives and the grounds harden up.........

Think the Cardinals form lapse has more to do with injuries and overseas travel than heavy conditions. Though they may be a factor.

Which Premier C clubs do you think will be promoted to Premier B at this stage of the year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which Premier C clubs do you think will be promoted to Premier B at this stage of the year?

Maybe you should drop on over to the Premier C thread to familiarise yourself for 2017 Jase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ipso facto, when the fine weather arrives and the grounds harden up.........

Think the Cardinals form lapse has more to do with injuries and overseas travel than heavy conditions. Though they may be a factor.
Pretty much spot on. Have been missing plenty for a while through both injury and travel. Shows with a handful of 3s players getting a gig in the 1s. Losing to Parkdale after beating them by 100 points can't be because of the "wet ground". Hopefully they can get a full strength team before finals come.

How does the idea of a team that finishes 1st and 3rd respectively get the right to host a home final in week 1 in all sections (Premier-Division 4), with only the preliminary final and grand final to be held at neutral venues (ie Trevor Barker Oval)?

Two reasons why:

1) Big crowds, especially at Shark Park in Beaumaris, if Beaumaris finished at the end of the season on top, and gets the right to host the second semi final.

2) Saves the VAFA time (and money) in finding neutral venues to host all 4 finals, taking into account having to deal with 50+ councils when booking venues to host finals for the VAFA.

How does the idea of a team that finishes 1st and 3rd respectively get the right to host a home final in week 1 in all sections (Premier-Division 4), with only the preliminary final and grand final to be held at neutral venues (ie Trevor Barker Oval)?

Two reasons why:

1) Big crowds, especially at Shark Park in Beaumaris, if Beaumaris finished at the end of the season on top, and gets the right to host the second semi final.

2) Saves the VAFA time (and money) in finding neutral venues to host all 4 finals, taking into account having to deal with 50+ councils when booking venues to host finals for the VAFA.

I don't mind it. They do it in the Clubbies and Unders already, Kew under 18s hosted a final a few years ago has have the Clubbies in recent years. Only problem is if teams have their senior and reserve teams in finals, may make it logistically hard unless the opposition and venue line up

Two reasons why:

I like it Jase, but the VAFA wouldn't be able to get $$ off gate revenue!

Two reasons why:

There are not 50+ councils in Melbourne

Finals run:
Top 2 Locked.
3rd - Fitzroy (34 points) Beaumaris, Scotch, Parkdale ------------------38 points
4th - Scotch (32 points) Haileybury, Fitzroy, Hampton ------------------44 points
5th - Monash (32 points) Old Brighton, Parkdale, St Bedes ------------------36 points
6th - Old Brighton (28 points) Monash, Beaumaris, Haileybury-----------------36 points

FYI: Unfortunately I don't think Parkdale can make it being a game behind and having a poor percentage.

So, obviously this weekends clash between Old Brighton and Monash is a must win for Brighton. If Monash win, I think that Brighton are done seeing as they have Beauy the following week.

I think that Scotch will win their last 3 games and finish third, and Fitzroy will only win 1 more for the year but the draw early on will get them over the line. Monash do seem to play well against the better teams, so a win in round 18 v. St Bedes could mean a 4th spot finish.

Finals run:
Top 2 Locked.
3rd - Fitzroy (34 points) Beaumaris, Scotch, Parkdale ------------------38 points
4th - Scotch (32 points) Haileybury, Fitzroy, Hampton ------------------44 points
5th - Monash (32 points) Old Brighton, Parkdale, St Bedes ------------------36 points
6th - Old Brighton (28 points) Monash, Beaumaris, Haileybury-----------------36 points

FYI: Unfortunately I don't think Parkdale can make it being a game behind and having a poor percentage.

So, obviously this weekends clash between Old Brighton and Monash is a must win for Brighton. If Monash win, I think that Brighton are done seeing as they have Beauy the following week.

I think that Scotch will win their last 3 games and finish third, and Fitzroy will only win 1 more for the year but the draw early on will get them over the line. Monash do seem to play well against the better teams, so a win in round 18 v. St Bedes could mean a 4th spot finish.
So the first week of the finals would be:

FIRST SEMI FINAL:
Old Scotch v Fitzroy
2ND SEMI FINAL:
Beaumaris v St Bedes Mentone Tigers

Noticed in the Amateur Footballer last week that St Bedes Mentone Tigers are holding a 10 year anniversary of the 2006 premiership win over AJAX. That 2006 C Section (or Premier C nowadays) Grand Final is without doubt one of the all-time greatest games ever played in VAFA history, and the best game I've seen in my time watching VAFA.

Can you recall a game that is as good as, if not better than, the 2006 VAFA C Section Grand Final at Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back