Premier B 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope you were not referring to me, as I was just pointing out the potential ramifications.

As it stands, with an engagement against Rovers, Scotch should hold onto 3rd, and it's a matter of whether the Roys can roll Parkdale as I seriously doubt Monash can beat STBMT, to snatch 4th spot.

You may be right HF but the Ashes have shown they're up for the challenge. Would have learnt a bit from the early season game against the Tigers hopefully.

Good day yesterday at Monash as the teams played for the John White plate. Great speech from young Tony White. Well done to both clubs - that's what it's all about!

Nup!

Still think there are two teams rightly ahead of them despite one presently playing funny buggers with their list. Nonetheless, the Cardinals have put themselves in the conversation.

I was more referencing the know-all who had them missing the four.

Kudos to them for developing from within and despite being hit as hard as any team with key absences for one reason or another haven’t squealed like cut cats over their misfortune

I hear OS still have more to come back....They fancy themselves, good luck to them...

Exciting finals ahead!

Very even I think. Old Scotch seem to be getting players back and their best is as good as anyone's. Injuries will play a massive part.

Think Beauy would be hoping Fitzroy miss the finals.

But think Monash may make it as St bedes would be looking to next week I'd imagine.

Any Idea where the finals are being played?

Exciting finals ahead!

Very even I think. Old Scotch seem to be getting players back and their best is as good as anyone's. Injuries will play a massive part.

Think Beauy would be hoping Fitzroy miss the finals.

But think Monash may make it as St bedes would be looking to next week I'd imagine.

Any Idea where the finals are being played?

FWIW I am hearing Uni Oval......VAFA are waiting for Xavs approval

If these two clubs-St Bedes Mentone Tigers and Beaumaris-were to play against each other on Premier B Grand Final Day, of the four key areas-backs, midfield, forwards, on ballers-which team would have the edge; the Tigers, or the Sharks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Backs stbedes
Mids inside beauy
Mids outside bedes
Rucks push
Forwards beauy
Depth beauy
Tight all round though

Got a feeling that the Premier B Grand Final would be at Sportscover Arena. If that's the case, it's the biggest mistake the VAFA has made for some time. The Grand Final should be at Trevor Barker Oval, especially if Beaumaris and St Bedes Mentone Tigers are playing in the main game, because TBO can accommodate a large crowd.

Great to see Paul Groves appointed coach of the Bulldogs women's team, ripping bloke, although the timing is not ideal.
Who is coaching Monash this weekend whilst he is coaching a women's all star game?

Got a feeling that the Premier B Grand Final would be at Sportscover Arena. If that's the case, it's the biggest mistake the VAFA has made for some time. The Grand Final should be at Trevor Barker Oval, especially if Beaumaris and St Bedes Mentone Tigers are playing in the main game, because TBO can accommodate a large crowd.

FWIW some time = a week ago?

Who do you think will be the Premier B Player of the Year, based on performances in the home and away season?

Surely Smout from St Bedes has to be a contender racks up at least 30 a game with a goal or two to boot. Absolute class player, expect to see a brilliant showing come finals time when the Ex- Beauy boy puts on a clinic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah that Cowan bloke with the booming left foot catches my eye more oppo should look into a tag I'd say

An absolute thriller down at Mentone. The visitors were brave all day and found an extra leg in an epic last quarter. Monash will play B finals for the first time in 40 years. Super effort from all concerned. keegan mason outstanding down back and bartram kept finding the ball. Great heart and character from all 22.
the Tigers might sneak a few back in next week and will be hard to beat. My boys will start rank outsiders against a slick, more experienced Scotch, but you just never know.....

An absolute thriller down at Mentone. The visitors were brave all day and found an extra leg in an epic last quarter. Monash will play B finals for the first time in 40 years. Super effort from all concerned. keegan mason outstanding down back and bartram kept finding the ball. Great heart and character from all 22.
the Tigers might sneak a few back in next week and will be hard to beat. My boys will start rank outsiders against a slick, more experienced Scotch, but you just never know.....

You are 70/30 Les. Scotch hate finals. It's high pressure football. They detest it. It's like Greg Norman on the last day of a major.
Prelim day will be big for you guys in a few weeks time. You will walk out with a 50/50 chance of going to A Grade. Good luck!

Heard 'Grover' on Inner FM today. He was really up for this one. Lot's of history there. Must be over the moon tonight.

How I think the Premier B finals will pan out:

FIRST SEMI FINAL:
Old Scotch to def Monash

SECOND SEMI FINAL:
St Bedes Mentone to def Beaumaris

PRELIMINARY FINAL:
Beaumaris to def Old Scotch

GRAND FINAL:
St Bedes Mentone Tigers to def Beaumaris

How I think the Premier B finals will pan out:

FIRST SEMI FINAL:
Old Scotch to def Monash

SECOND SEMI FINAL:
St Bedes Mentone to def Beaumaris

PRELIMINARY FINAL:
Beaumaris to def Old Scotch

GRAND FINAL:
St Bedes Mentone Tigers to def Beaumaris

Beauy will need both Milne and Schneider to stop Scotch........if not good, night..

Beauy will need both Milne and Schneider to stop Scotch........if not good, night..

Really?

Given all bar the bottom 3 and Fitzroy were able to defeat Scotch in the second half of the season, I'd be surprised if they get to play Beaumaris at all.

Really?

Given all bar the bottom 3 and Fitzroy were able to defeat Scotch in the second half of the season, I'd be surprised if they get to play Beaumaris at all.

HF, I notice you didnt refute my proposition. OS near full strength, won their last 2 games rather comfortabley. No Schneider, No Milne, No Beauy!

HF, I notice you didnt refute my proposition. OS near full strength, won their last 2 games rather comfortabley. No Schneider, No Milne, No Beauy!
At near full strength the Cardinals are quite capable of giving the finals one hell of a shake. Doubt Hedgey has seen 'em play once.

Agree that a full strength Scotch team would have the chance to progress in finals to the main dance, but they would need a fast, dry track and a game that was played a little bruise free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back