Premier B 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great win by the Ashes. The boys set up the game in the first half and a hard fought second half made for a great win against Beauy. Great game Moose

Real strong effort by Monash to beat the undefeated Sharks. 4th spot a great struggle. Massive game at Scotch next week.

Parkdale have the top 3 sides in the next 3 weeks 2 away they really need to at least win 1 if not 2 of these games. Monash have 2 winnable games and after yesterday's win really will set them up to grab that 4th spot. The rest are fighting it out amongst themselves.

I expect Scotch to lose the Prelim come finals time and remain in B.
I think Beauy and Bedes show a lot more steel as clubs when push comes to shove.

I expect Scotch to lose the Prelim come finals time and remain in B.
I think Beauy and Bedes show a lot more steel as clubs when push comes to shove.
Scotch will finish 3rd and will have a few tough weeks ahead with plenty of injuries. Tipped St bedes yesterday but I think they will struggle to make the granny

Last edited:
Scotch will finish 3rd and will have a few tough weeks ahead with plenty of injuries.

Don't think that their injury list is any worse than all others around them. Think it just gets a little harder and wetter and tougher come winter. And I don't think Scotch are as hard as the others.

Don't think that their injury list is any worse than all others around them. Think it just gets a little harder and wetter and tougher come winter. And I don't think Scotch are as hard as the others.
Yesterday it was a great day for footy so not sure how wetter and tougher comes into it. 6 changes from the game before the bye can't help. I guess you're saying you hope it's raining in September. Who knows? I just think St bedes will be opened up on a bigger ground. Beauy will win I reckon though

Yesterday it was a great day for footy so not sure how wetter and tougher comes into it. 6 changes from the game before the bye can't help. I guess you're saying you hope it's raining in September. Who knows? I just think St bedes will be opened up on a bigger ground. Beauy will win I reckon though

Just saying Scotch are a little softer at the ball than Bedes and Beauy.
So I don't see them making it to the final dance.

Just saying Scotch are a little softer at the ball than Bedes and Beauy.
So I don't see them making it to the final dance.
Probably a good thing. They need to win a flag. Would be disastrous to go back up to premier after losing a GF

Great day for footy maybe, but the Frearson was under water in spots. Unbelievable. Very difficult day for footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys,

I'm moving back to Melbourne after spending the past 2 years on the Gold Coast.
I'm 27 and haven't played footy in a few years and will be moving to Hampton so am looking for a club in the Premier B or C grade to finish out the year (happy to just play 2s as I have no match fitness).

I've played most of my life in WRFL Div 1 and also spent time in rep sides and TAC Cup when younger so my footy ability would be up to standards if I could get my fitness peaking, which is pretty far off.

I'm looking to go to a club with about 10-15km from my home and am looking at the following clubs, I'd like to get your opinion on the best option for me, or if you would recommend another club which could fit my requirements:

1. Big ground - Being a running wing/half back, I appreciate the bigger grounds, so this would be handy
2. Good quality people and vibe around the club after a match
3. Ripper Thursday night meals - This is a non-negotiable ;) Nothing better than a good feed on a Thursday waiting for the side!
4. Blokes who enjoy a punt, always good to have a beer and bet with the footy boys!
5. Club that are organised and look after their players (Obviously I understand this league doesn't offer cash, but business networking ideal).

Some clubs I'm looking at include Beaumaris, St Bede's/Mentone and Caulfield Grammarians, let me know your thoughts?

Hey Guys,

I'm moving back to Melbourne after spending the past 2 years on the Gold Coast.
I'm 27 and haven't played footy in a few years and will be moving to Hampton so am looking for a club in the Premier B or C grade to finish out the year (happy to just play 2s as I have no match fitness).

I've played most of my life in WRFL Div 1 and also spent time in rep sides and TAC Cup when younger so my footy ability would be up to standards if I could get my fitness peaking, which is pretty far off.

I'm looking to go to a club with about 10-15km from my home and am looking at the following clubs, I'd like to get your opinion on the best option for me, or if you would recommend another club which could fit my requirements:

1. Big ground - Being a running wing/half back, I appreciate the bigger grounds, so this would be handy
2. Good quality people and vibe around the club after a match
3. Ripper Thursday night meals - This is a non-negotiable ;) Nothing better than a good feed on a Thursday waiting for the side!
4. Blokes who enjoy a punt, always good to have a beer and bet with the footy boys!
5. Club that are organised and look after their players (Obviously I understand this league doesn't offer cash, but business networking ideal).

Some clubs I'm looking at include Beaumaris, St Bede's/Mentone and Caulfield Grammarians, let me know your thoughts?
hey mate...'points 1 through 5 is what st bedes/mentone tigers is all about so come on down Tuesday or Thursday and chat to VAFA legend tom brain who is our footy ops manager...be great to see you...Bob

hey mate...'points 1 through 5 is what st bedes/mentone tigers is all about so come on down Tuesday or Thursday and chat to VAFA legend tom brain who is our footy ops manager...be great to see you...Bob

When Coll and Bedes played there a few years ago, (A Grade) Coll President got punched by a Bedes supporter.

So Footystar, if thats the environment you want to mix in, go right ahead, go to St Bedes

By all means, if you want to get bashed by a drunken supporter............

3 kick ground, 2 with the wind that's normally present. Smallest ground in Prem A and B. Camberwell a close second.

When Coll and Bedes played there a few years ago, (A Grade) Coll President got punched by a Bedes supporter.

So Footystar, if thats the environment you want to mix in, go right ahead, go to St Bedes

By all means, if you want to get bashed by a drunken supporter............

So that's Point 1 and Point 2 not covered off.
Anyone want to start work on Point 3, slightly stale hamburger roll on one occasion etc.:eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back