C Section Premier C - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 6 stubbies and they were given to the Ormond president .
Looks like we need to get the VAFA Integrity unit onto this one. Presidents agree it’s okay for players to do recovery / leave without popping in to the social function and then said Away President pockets a 6 pack of non-Carlton Draught refreshment.

Sounds like it’s all a bit rigged to me.....

I had a drink after the game with the Willy President - of CARLTON DRAFT WHICH WAS ON TAP, and so were stubbies of the same. He didn't know why the Ormond players were absent, probably sooking. Three older (like me, 70 +) Ormond noblemen, with the Willy president, together with Umpire Josh, all of us were enjoying each other’s company.
I would have caught up with you but they said you weren’t here.
The Willy beach is a 1-minute walk from the changerooms; Willy players were in the water for no longer than 3 minutes and were back in the social rooms, showered and changed watching Ormond players heading off.
The presentation was at 5:35 and there was not one single person from Ormond in the social rooms. I left at 5:45, sooked because I didn’t win the raffle and was home at 5:50 as I had promised Madame.

Bedford, what is your Williamstown beef?
I think if you went through his his history you would see a series of beefs involving the opposition and individuals within, no more so than the current Kew coach. If Ormond don't get through to the GF and Kew do, you can rest assured that the beef with Willy will be replaced by his more deep seated beef with Beaser and the Bears.

I think if you went through his his history you would see a series of beefs involving the opposition and individuals within, no more so than the current Kew coach. If Ormond don't get through to the GF and Kew do, you can rest assured that the beef with Willy will be replaced by his more deep seated beef with Beaser and the Bears.

Sounds like he doesn’t like any other club . I believe PEGS had an issue at the same venue.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely understand what you are saying, however I will have to respectfully disagree with you in regards to waiting as I distinctly remember some of our players being showered and in the rooms well before some of your players were walking across the oval to head home. Great to hear however that you all get to other teams away after matches. As I have stated before, the after match function where both teams players/coaches/supporters head back into the rooms to converse is a fantastic tradition that I hope remains for a long time to come, I won’t however change my opinion that it was disappointing yesterday that Ormond’s players/coaches didn’t come back, however it’s been and gone now and we move on.

Any thoughts from anyone on the remaining 3 rounds? Very tight from 6th to 3rd. Can Ajax hold on to 4th spot? Should be a very interesting 3 weeks.
Apologies , I was absolutely pissed off .

Aren't you the clever one . People have beefs in footy , look at Dermie despises Essendon. Looking forward to Hampton this week as they have some terrific people on and off the ground , can't hate them all.

Looks like we need to get the VAFA Integrity unit onto this one. Presidents agree it’s okay for players to do recovery / leave without popping in to the social function and then said Away President pockets a 6 pack of non-Carlton Draught refreshment.

Sounds like it’s all a bit rigged to me.....
Mods, I think this poster should be placed on 'watch'. Shows all the signs of being a troublemaker.

The Maz v Ajax game is the one of most interest to me this week. I’m only going for Maz since they are at home and need to bounce back. Last week it looked like they just turned up and expected it to happen which can happen when you’ve been up for a while. Likewise Marcellin were due to actually hit some form at home. Ajax been up a lot of late too so maybe they’ll have to dig deep to maintain their form. Maz will be dirty for not doing better last week. Never looked like it really but perhaps it’s the loss they needed to spark something for lead into finals - should they make it.
Mentone have best draw of teams fighting it out. A lot has to go right for Marc to make it, so rest will be interesting to watch.
OI take on Willy so are we all assuming an undefeated season from them?
Another big round!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Willy are good and from what I've seen, no one has the 4 quarter cattle to stop them. From all reports, the last two games have seen them beat the 2nd and 3rd teams by 100 and 50 points respectfully. But the end result wasn't a true reflection of the losing teams performance.

I am told we were competitive, but Willy were stronger and bigger, with OI relying on a 1st year ruckman to do all the work.

If all teams are honest, Willy should have gone up last year. Their team has been together building for 4-5 years and have the right level of size, strength and speed.

It was great to see that OI have had used 9 under 19's eligible for 2019 players. 8 from the 2018 Under 19's and 7 from the 2017 Premiership team.

Willy, Mazenod and OI have the strongest Under's program based on current divisions they play in.

Also interesting fact. 4 teams played with 22 points, PEGS, Willy, Marcellin and AJAX. Ormond were the only team over 30 points (34). The average is at 25.

This is a big factor I believe why teams struggle when they get promoted, need some outside higher level players to complement current lists.

Big two weeks for 5 teams.

OI have the "easiest" run with two teams below them.

OI - Marc then PEGS
AJAX - HR then Ormond
Maz - Willy then OC
Marc - OI then Willy
OM - Ormond then HR

Based on form line only.

OI lose to Marc and beat PEGS end on 38
Marc beat OI then lose to Willy end up on 36
Maz lose to Willy and beat OC end up on 36
AJAX - Beat HR and Ormond end up on 44
OM - Lose or Ormond and beat HR end up on 36

Final 4 will look like the following:

Willy - 72 Points
Ormond - 48 Points
AJAX - 44 Points
OI - 38 Points

My tip for the GF is Willy versus AJAX.

Max "I could face Joffra Archer" Leader "From square leg"

Willy are good and from what I've seen, no one has the 4 quarter cattle to stop them. From all reports, the last two games have seen them beat the 2nd and 3rd teams by 100 and 50 points respectfully. But the end result wasn't a true reflection of the losing teams performance.

I am told we were competitive, but Willy were stronger and bigger, with OI relying on a 1st year ruckman to do all the work.

If all teams are honest, Willy should have gone up last year. Their team has been together building for 4-5 years and have the right level of size, strength and speed.

It was great to see that OI have had used 9 under 19's eligible for 2019 players. 8 from the 2018 Under 19's and 7 from the 2017 Premiership team.

Willy, Mazenod and OI have the strongest Under's program based on current divisions they play in.

Also interesting fact. 4 teams played with 22 points, PEGS, Willy, Marcellin and AJAX. Ormond were the only team over 30 points (34). The average is at 25.

This is a big factor I believe why teams struggle when they get promoted, need some outside higher level players to complement current lists.

Big two weeks for 5 teams.

OI have the "easiest" run with two teams below them.

OI - Marc then PEGS
AJAX - HR then Ormond
Maz - Willy then OC
Marc - OI then Willy
OM - Ormond then HR

Based on form line only.

OI lose to Marc and beat PEGS end on 38
Marc beat OI then lose to Willy end up on 36
Maz lose to Willy and beat OC end up on 36
AJAX - Beat HR and Ormond end up on 44
OM - Lose or Ormond and beat HR end up on 36

Final 4 will look like the following:

Willy - 72 Points
Ormond - 48 Points
AJAX - 44 Points
OI - 38 Points

My tip for the GF is Willy versus AJAX.

Max "I could face Joffra Archer" Leader "From square leg"

I wonder why Ormond is so high, they have mostly juniors I would have thought .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Player stats
Players played and those with 16 games.

HAMPTON 50-3
PEGS 47-3
MARCELLIN 44-1
WILLY 43-4
OC 43-4
MAZENOD 41-5
OI 39-3
ORMOND 37-5
AJAX 35-8
OM 34-5
Amazing stats. Our 3 players who have played all games are actually Under 19's players.

OM's don't have many if any 2's players that could play seniors.

I hear Mentone are trying to put us on the smaller ground , they did it to Rovers earlier in the season.
You should be used to the shorter ground. Maybe they are doing you a favour. Also grounds may have been cut up last week with all the finals that were played there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back