C Section Premier C - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts mate after watching the replay. Gee wizz Hippster adds a fair bit on here.
I thought you went wide too much. OI, tried to get the ball more up the middle more often.
Goal of the year to Richard Skok (No.34 from OI) 3rd minute into the 2nd quarter.
You gave OI issues when the ball was in dispute in your forward line.
Ground was in good nick. Middle was a little slippery, but its winter, could have been a lot worse.

Max "Retired" Leader

I thought you went wide too much. OI, tried to get the ball more up the middle more often.
Goal of the year to Richard Skok (No.34 from OI) 3rd minute into the 2nd quarter.
You gave OI issues when the ball was in dispute in your forward line.
Ground was in good nick. Middle was a little slippery, but its winter, could have been a lot worse.

Max "Retired" Leader
Correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a few big games for the Hoes.

We have previously struggled at both AJAX and Marcellin's grounds. The team has changed alot, with some speed and youth now in the team, which should help on the bigger ovals.

Clubs have got to start training players not to sling tackle. We lost another player for the year due to an unnecessary sling on the weekend. We are not perfect ourselves, as we had a player suspended last year for a bad tackle. The duty of care needs to be far greater or suspensions need to be far higher.

The comp has made a real focus on front on contact, which has had amazing effect on the lack of concussions. This needs to be their new focus.

Max "Collar bone breaks are the new concussions" Leader

Anyone willing to go out on a limb and make some bold predictions.

Interesting to see the final games see the top 4-5 play each other so this season ain’t done yet.

Similarly the relegation battle may heat up this weekend. Hampton have been poor for months and are battling injuries and Europe etc. could the Wellers find away and make it 2 points with 3 games to go.

Ajax are sneaking up the ladder and look to have a fair bit of destiny in their own hands. Games against Ivanhoe and the Nods could see them around about.

Ormond vs Willy this week? Is it the Grand Final or do we give the Monders a chance. A few guys back over the last couple of weeks has made them a bit stronger. Both Buckley’s in is huge.

Marcellin the last 4 at home. Could they get going and make the Hail Mary run? Anyone due to come back? Really missing Howe at the moment. McMahon looked dangerous against Ormond.

Mazenod seem to be going well after the poor start. What’s the list like there? Can they go deep? 5.17 again a tOrmond and wins against Ivanhoe and Mentone should give them confidence.

Any early calls in the League Medal. Hemphill been again good this year. But is there too many Willy blokes stealing votes. Ebinger etc. has anyone else consistently performed at a high level. Simon Buckley has missed a few but could give it a shake. What about at the Wellers? DelMonte played enough really good ones? Cross at Mentone? Warby at Mazenod? Lew been on fire of late. Is the poor start going to make it tough?

Do we give the lower sides a chance? Max Philpot has had a really consistent year in a horribly performing team. Or is a Latsas one to content.

What about the coaching performances?

New coaches at Ajax with Andrews and Mazenod with Cousins. Have they got a pass mark or better then expected. Has Lever got Ormond higher then what was thought? A double jump?

Montebello has them purring. Has he tightened things up or are the players just dominant. On the flip side Pound at PEGs must be scratching his head. After a dominant start to 2018 it’s all been down hill.

Geishen at Ivanhoe? Jump from mid table now in a real fight for the 4. Recruited well. Did the early season start hide some cracks or are they really just a dominant side ready to hit top gear again. D’Andrea has Mentone flying early but smashed with europe and injuries as well as a lack of depth. Having them in the 4 almost all year and still hanging on, has he done well considering what is underneath.

Marcellin look to be continuing the same same as previous years mid table under Cox. With the turnover in the last couple of years do we see Marcellin as a pass or fail?

Quon, Hampton’s coach looks likely to have consolidated but is that enough after 2nd in D Grade. Should we have expected more from them? And the Wellers coach Brownless, Finals last year and looking like going down. Players or just a poor year? Will he be around next year?

Early predictions on CGrade Best and Fairest, Coach of the Year, Granny and BOG

Medal: Hemphill- Willy
coach: Ash LEVER - Ormond

Granny
Ormond and Willy
Willy by 22

BOG
Ebinger

Last edited:

Interesting to see the final games see the top 4-5 play each other so this season ain’t done yet.

Similarly the relegation battle may heat up this weekend. Hampton have been poor for months and are battling injuries and Europe etc. could the Wellers find away and make it 2 points with 3 games to go.

Ajax are sneaking up the ladder and look to have a fair bit of destiny in their own hands. Games against Ivanhoe and the Nods could see them around about.

Ormond vs Willy this week? Is it the Grand Final or do we give the Monders a chance. A few guys back over the last couple of weeks has made them a bit stronger. Both Buckley’s in is huge.

Marcellin the last 4 at home. Could they get going and make the Hail Mary run? Anyone due to come back? Really missing Howe at the moment. McMahon looked dangerous against Ormond.

Mazenod seem to be going well after the poor start. What’s the list like there? Can they go deep? 5.17 again a tOrmond and wins against Ivanhoe and Mentone should give them confidence.

Any early calls in the League Medal. Hemphill been again good this year. But is there too many Willy blokes stealing votes. Ebinger etc. has anyone else consistently performed at a high level. Simon Buckley has missed a few but could give it a shake. What about at the Wellers? DelMonte played enough really good ones? Cross at Mentone? Warby at Mazenod? Lew been on fire of late. Is the poor start going to make it tough?

Do we give the lower sides a chance? Max Philpot has had a really consistent year in a horribly performing team. Or is a Latsas one to content.

New coaches at Ajax with Andrews and Mazenod with Cousins. Have they got a pass mark or better then expected. Has Lever got Ormond higher then what was thought? A double jump?

Montebello has them purring. Has he tightened things up or are the players just dominant. On the flip side Pound at PEGs must be scratching his head. After a dominant start to 2018 it’s all been down hill.

Geishen at Ivanhoe? Jump from mid table now in a real fight for the 4. Recruited well. Did the early season start hide some cracks or are they really just a dominant side ready to hit top gear again. D’Andrea has Mentone flying early but smashed with europe and injuries as well as a lack of depth. Having them in the 4 almost all year and still hanging on, has he done well considering what is underneath.

Marcellin look to be continuing the same same as previous years mid table under Cox. With the turnover in the last couple of years do we see Marcellin as a pass or fail?

Quon, Hampton’s coach looks likely to have consolidated but is that enough after 2nd in D Grade. Should we have expected more from them? And the Wellers coach Brownless, Finals last year and looking like going down. Players or just a poor year? Will he be around next year?

Granny
Ormond and Willy
Willy by 22

BOG
Ebinger
Great read. To add to this, i think 2 through 7 are still open, even if there is a 2 1/2 game gap between 3 and 7.
To calculate the difficulty of the final run home, i looked at the last 4 games and allocated 3 points for a Willy game, 2 points for a game between 2 and 7 and 1 point for a game against 8-10
Ormond: 1/2/1 = 8
OI 1/2/1 = 8
Maz 1/2/1 = 8
Ajax 0/3/1 = 7
OMs 0/1/3 = 5
Marc 1/2/1 = 8

So OMs and Ajax have the easiest draw and they still have their season in their hands
Interesting that the top 3 all have the same level of difficulty, so positions could also switch around.

Interesting times

Granny
Ormond and Willy
Willy by 22

BOG
Ebinger
Good post, deserves an engaging reply - from Marcellin perspective, Howe will be back now I believe, although underdone. 5 rounds ago Marcellin beat Ormond at Ormond but had 9 out from that team that played them this week, and one more big out to come, but you'll have to wait for that. Ormond were a lot more efficient and used the ball well. Lots of young guys given a chance at the Nest due to unavailabilities so an uphill battle but they fight hard each week and will make a game of it every week at home. I see Marcellin as a 'hold' given european vacationers and heaps of injuries, you can only play those that are available and its been a great opportunity to blood some kids with a few good pick ups. Beware their midfield, still very strong, with Howe to return and skipper Robinson now having a few games back after injury.
Top 4 looks set? - agree.
Ormond v Willy this week, my money is on Willy - can they go through undefeated? They have Ormond, Ivanhoe, Mazenod in next three weeks. What a great few weeks! This will help shape the 4. I think top 4 is set with percentage meaning an extra game required from Ajax and Mentone - Ajax made their run too late and Mentone have a better draw than ajax on the run home, they are yet to play Pegs and Camberwell.
At the other end - very interesting. Camberwell play Hampton this week. If they win they will be within 2 points and they are yet to play PEGs, so relegation is still unknown though if Hampton win this week a 10 point gap will be almost impossible to bridge.

Granny - Willy v Mazenod. Mazenod win by 8. (Though hold that thought til I see them this weekend, ha ha)
Enjoy the run home folks, plenty more stories to come yet!

Good post, deserves an engaging reply - from Marcellin perspective, Howe will be back now I believe, although underdone. 5 rounds ago Marcellin beat Ormond at Ormond but had 9 out from that team that played them this week, and one more big out to come, but you'll have to wait for that. Ormond were a lot more efficient and used the ball well. Lots of young guys given a chance at the Nest due to unavailabilities so an uphill battle but they fight hard each week and will make a game of it every week at home. I see Marcellin as a 'hold' given european vacationers and heaps of injuries, you can only play those that are available and its been a great opportunity to blood some kids with a few good pick ups. Beware their midfield, still very strong, with Howe to return and skipper Robinson now having a few games back after injury.
Ormond v Willy this week, my money is on Willy - can they go through undefeated? They have Ormond, Ivanhoe, Mazenod in next three weeks. What a great few weeks! This will help shape the 4. I think top 4 is set with percentage meaning an extra game required from Ajax and Mentone - Ajax made their run too late and Mentone have a better draw than ajax on the run home, they are yet to play Pegs and Camberwell.
At the other end - very interesting. Camberwell play Hampton this week. If they win they will be within 2 points and they are yet to play PEGs, so relegation is still unknown though if Hampton win this week a 10 point gap will be almost impossible to bridge.

Granny - Willy v Mazenod. Mazenod win by 8. (Though hold that thought til I see them this weekend, ha ha)
Good post . Ormond had 7 missing from that 1st game , so that means not much.
Disappointing that the Reserves had to play a kilometre away on a sub standard ground and at the main oval NO canteen , never known that to happen anywhere.

Another big out? Such a tease.

Howe back, under done or not is huge. He’s a gun. Really miss him. Did the club know abou the Europe bloke pre season? When are they due back? Because if you sneak a win this week you give yourself a chance.

Bedford do you have to complain about everything?

Every team is missing guys but 9 maybe 10 out from a month ago is huge. Better ones to. Ormond are running around with their top end still there. That’s the difference.

Marcellin don’t own there facility. The school dictates. Not the only club. They probably didn’t want back to back games on the deck.

Ash Lever has Ormond humming. I’m expecting a big show this weekend.

I reckon Camberwell win this week. Looking at the Hampton list they are decimated. The wellers would be giving themselves a chance for sure. Going to be a big 4 weeks.

The interesting thing about Ormond is that a loss this week makes that buffer they had gone. I think they’ll win the rest of there games after willy but the scphincter May start to squeeze a little.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Another big out? Such a tease.

Howe back, under done or not is huge. He’s a gun. Really miss him. Did the club know abou the Europe bloke pre season? When are they due back? Because if you sneak a win this week you give yourself a chance.

Bedford do you have to complain about everything?

Every team is missing guys but 9 maybe 10 out from a month ago is huge. Better ones to. Ormond are running around with their top end still there. That’s the difference.

Marcellin don’t own there facility. The school dictates. Not the only club. They probably didn’t want back to back games on the deck.

Ash Lever has Ormond humming. I’m expecting a big show this weekend.

I reckon Camberwell win this week. Looking at the Hampton list they are decimated. The wellers would be giving themselves a chance for sure. Going to be a big 4 weeks.

The interesting thing about Ormond is that a loss this week makes that buffer they had gone. I think they’ll win the rest of there games after willy but the scphincter May start to squeeze a little.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Was he complaining?
I think he meant they both had players out , Simon and maybe the best player in Atkins are out for the season .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back