C Section Premier C - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are good people at all clubs at all levels , some just have more bad ones out weighing the good.

Correct. But it’s always ‘other’ clubs that have more bad and ‘we’ are always ok. I’m sure Willy feel the same way.
All I can tell you about them is they are an incredibly well run club. Strong committee, very strong membership and sponsorship program. Which is exactly what you need if you want to play Premier A or B Footy. The biggest bunch of volunteers I have seen in lower grades over last 5-10 years.
Check out their website, you will get a feel of the place and see why the are doing what they are doing. And Willy is one of the best places in Melbourne for a stroll and a latte. All hipsters love a latte..

Great day out for Ajax. Pressure was too much for a fumbly Ormond side. 9 in a row, Prem B bound and and even 10 for a flag! Unreal turn around.

Congratulations to Ajax who in my opinion were always going to be the better team of the two yesterday. In those conditions, their run and carry along with their ball use would have picked apart Ormond’s unpredictable/kamikaze game style.

Sets it up for what should be a cracking Grand Final. Both teams with a lot of momentum and a ton of support around them.
Question is will Trevor Barker be able to hold the amount of people heading out to Sandringham next Saturday? Ajax clearly have a huge following and I know for a fact the Williamstown faithful, including myself will be well and truly out and about to support the boys.
May have to put up the SOLD OUT sign at some stage.

Should be a ripper!

Congrats to AJAX absolutely belted Ormond all over the ground and off it . Our boys have had a great season to be promoted and have 2 teams make the Prelim is an outstanding year. The Jackas are very well coached and hopefully can knock off those arrogant flogs.

Great effort by your club Bedders. They say the jump for D to C is a big one so to occupy a position at the pointy end in both the 1s and 2s all season is great effort. While not happy about playing B grade in 2020 I was kind of looking forward to renewing acquaintances with Ormond. Had some great battles with that club through the 70s and 80s.

The jump from C to B is also large and interested on your thoughts (or anyone else) on how Willy and Ajax will fair next season. Obviously the top 3 in B grade this year just miles ahead of the rest this year and hope for a more even comp next year.

Correct. But it’s always ‘other’ clubs that have more bad and ‘we’ are always ok. I’m sure Willy feel the same way.
All I can tell you about them is they are an incredibly well run club. Strong committee, very strong membership and sponsorship program. Which is exactly what you need if you want to play Premier A or B Footy. The biggest bunch of volunteers I have seen in lower grades over last 5-10 years.
Check out their website, you will get a feel of the place and see why the are doing what they are doing. And Willy is one of the best places in Melbourne for a stroll and a latte. All hipsters love a latte..

Good place to steer clear of at night. Was thereabouts for a wedding reception a few weeks ago and witnessed 3 street fights. Not uncommon so the locals tell me.

Your intimate knowledge of all VAFA clubs is something to behold, Hippy.:)

Go Jackas!

Great effort by your club Bedders. They say the jump for D to C is a big one so to occupy a position at the pointy end in both the 1s and 2s all season is great effort. While not happy about playing B grade in 2020 I was kind of looking forward to renewing acquaintances with Ormond. Had some great battles with that club through the 70s and 80s.

The jump from C to B is also large and interested on your thoughts (or anyone else) on how Willy and Ajax will fair next season. Obviously the top 3 in B grade this year just miles ahead of the rest this year and hope for a more even comp next year.
Thanks JJ , very flat today. Willy will do very well in B , Ajax would have to recruit a couple of talls , as we would have had to do. In a way it might have been a blessing as we are still very young.

Good place to steer clear of at night. Was thereabouts for a wedding reception a few weeks ago and witnessed 3 street fights. Not uncommon so the locals tell me.

Go Jackas!

I’ve had some wonderful evening walks with a triple scoop in hand down that way. Glorious place.
But yes the nightlife is a much more dangerous place than when we were young AM. Care must be taken everywhere..

Interesting to see how much the cost of admission will be at the Premier C Grand Final on Saturday as opposed to the William Buck Premier Grand Final held at Elsternwick Park the following day.

Tipping AJAX to cause one of the biggest upsets in VAFA history by defeating Williamstown CYMS, the margin 10 points.

On Nokia 1 Plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go Jackas!

Interested to hear where ‘thereabouts’ was? I think people get thrown off by surrounding suburbs e.g. Altona, Werribee, Hoppers even Newport which I admit can be a bit rough at times, however I have lived in Williamstown my entire life and not once have I ever felt the slightest bit unsafe day or night.

Williamstown is a great place to visit/live and raise a family and if you look at the real estate value is virtually impossible to buy these days, as is most suburbs 20 mins from the city and walking distance to a beach.

Willy will compete for B Grade finals next year without a doubt. Ajax to struggle to stay up with their current list. C Grade will be a lot more competitive next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet, there is no mention or review of the Under 19 Division 2 Grand Final on the VAFA website. Memo to the VAFA: Under 19 Grand Finals are important as the Division 1-4 or the Premier-Premier C Grand Finals, and should be given some coverage.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
1. No clubs change grades on the basis of u19 grand finals

2. Any u19 players who can play footy and are serious play seniors

3. U19 flags are great for those associated with their teams and I doubt they’ll be checking the VAFA website whilst celebrating their achievements with those who count.

4. This is the Premier C thread, not the Under 19 Division 2 thread.

5. Well done Ajax

What does AJAX needs to do if they are to have any chance of pulling off a major upset on Saturday against Williamstown CYMS?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

1. No clubs change grades on the basis of u19 grand finals

2. Any u19 players who can play footy and are serious play seniors

3. U19 flags are great for those associated with their teams and I doubt they’ll be checking the VAFA website whilst celebrating their achievements with those who count.

4. This is the Premier C thread, not the Under 19 Division 2 thread.

5. Well done Ajax

A bit tough there Hedge.

As a former ressies player and coach yourself, you should understand that sides other than the seniors are important to a lot of people!

Last edited:
What does AJAX needs to do if they are to have any chance of pulling off a major upset on Saturday against Williamstown CYMS?

Ticked the first box off on Sunday by getting Willy into the VFL Granny.

No Ebinger will help a bit.

Won’t be enough but it’ll help

Going for willy saturday and they'll get the job done. 25 points. Go well in B grade also next year.

Extremley early call but Old Ivanhoe and Mazenod top 4 next season, young sides and strong u19s teams. Should be a really competive season.

Enjoy if you're going to TBO saturday.

Surprised Ash Lever got boned at Ormond. Was highly respected at my club as an assistant during a pretty tough year a few seasons back. A few of our blokes happy to follow him across so he seemed well liked. Obviously I have no idea what happened but there are rumours of a bust up with other club personnel mid- last week. Hardly an ideal preparation for a preliminary final. Sad end for a good bloke who took them from D grade to the cusp of B grade.

Does this pave the way for the return of the Messiah Russell Barnes (with his son in tow of course !)

Bedford – are you able or willing to shed some light?

Great post but shed some light on the bust up please.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be clear this is unsubstantiated but in summary I heard it was a falling out with the President, footy manager and perhaps one or more of the assistants. As often happens when someone is in the gun others tend to "pile on" so it may have started as a dispute between Ash and one other.

Probably best for someone closer to the fire than me to accurately report on the goings on. What I do know is that Ash got the lemonade and until last week that was not an expected outcome. Have heard (and this is also unsubstantiated) that he has already been sounded out for a return to Oakleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back