A Section Premier Division 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one am super excited to hear that Boyd will be playing at SKOB next year.
We as a comp are getting some super talent. The network action is rocking. All clubs need to tap into theirs.
Re Hat..please..you now don’t even try to hide yourself when you reinvent. It’s kind of sad. At least make an effort next time. It takes us all about 1-2 posts from you to cotton on..
Hipp.

I for one am super excited to hear that Boyd will be playing at SKOB next year.
We as a comp are getting some super talent. The network action is rocking. All clubs need to tap into theirs.
Re Hat..please..you now don’t even try to hide yourself when you reinvent. It’s kind of sad. At least make an effort next time. It takes us all about 1-2 posts from you to cotton on..
Hipp.
Would have thought Boyd's network in AFL circles was pretty good already. Not surprised that people are suspicious about amateur status here when he ups and leaves his junior club to go to a club where there is seemingly no connection.

Would have thought Boyd's network in AFL circles was pretty good already. Not surprised that people are suspicious about amateur status here when he ups and leaves his junior club to go to a club where there is seemingly no connection.
Hello Hat, why would someone who just gave up a $1 million a year career care about earning a measly $500-$1000 per game playing local footy? We need to start applying some common sense here in this forum as the media just copy and paste!

Hello Hat, why would someone who just gave up a $1 million a year career care about earning a measly $500-$1000 per game playing local footy? We need to start applying some common sense here in this forum as the media just copy and paste!

Hair Hat, as someone who claims to have played several seasons at two AFL clubs do you also claim to have no bills to pay?

Hair Hat, as someone who claims to have played several seasons at two AFL clubs do you also claim to have no bills to pay?
I can think of 7 million reasons why Boyd wouldn't have a bill for a long time! Anyway, I see Weller has backflipped on Uni Blues(sad) and jumped to the Eastern league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair bit of talk on SEN yesterday, the boss was on as well.

Lots of chatter. Great publicity for the mighty VAFA. The envy of all.
Pity commentators there don’t quite understand the power of club networks and tend to agree with some callers that it’s strange that players would knock back a few grand a game to play for zip. You are setting up the next 40-50 years of your life when you become part of a great club in the VAFA. There is nothing like us.
FTLOTG..

Lots of chatter. Great publicity for the mighty VAFA. The envy of all.
Pity commentators there don’t quite understand the power of club networks and tend to agree with some callers that it’s strange that players would knock back a few grand a game to play for zip. You are setting up the next 40-50 years of your life when you become part of a great club in the VAFA. There is nothing like us.
FTLOTG..
I heard that he couldn’t give a reason as to why UNIAFL have so much ex-AFL talent and how it fits within the “points cap”

I did some digging and it’s not Brown, I don’t think the mighty SKOB will focus on one person who could be leaving when they’ve just brought Tom Boyd and Paddy Kerr in.

Waite, Boyd and Kerr in the one team, just wow.

I wish my club could attract those types of players.

For an ex AFL journeyman (2 clubs) now involved in a D4 club, I admire your knowledge of the comings and goings of A section, in particular SKOB. You know far more than me and I'm a keen supporter, albeit removed from the inner sanctum.

For an ex AFL journeyman (2 clubs) now involved in a D4 club, I admire your knowledge of the comings and goings of A section, in particular SKOB. You know far more than me and I'm a keen supporter, albeit removed from the inner sanctum.
Journeyman is harsh, but better than someone who never had the journey.

I think this BigFooty board should feel similarly thankful for this new arrival. But not as thankful as Skob supporters should be to whoever got Boyd over the line. Surely the greatest recruit in VAFA history.
Stewart Loewe playing at Haileybury was pretty large given he was a 300+ gamer, twice AA, St Kilda Team of the Century, etc.

All Boyd has is a premiership medal and a large property portfolio.

Stewart Loewe playing at Haileybury was pretty large given he was a 300+ gamer, twice AA, St Kilda Team of the Century, etc.

All Boyd has is a premiership medal and a large property portfolio.

I recall Robert Harvey also played for Hailebury. Don't think that will be topped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back