Old Xaverians
Old MelburniansOld MelburniansOld Xaverians
1st SEMIFINAL
ELSTERNWICK 11:40am SAT 3/9
vsvs
Old ScotchOld ScotchOld Scotch
St Bernards

Last edited:
Every VAFA club registration officer knows the rules, especially in Premier section, that if you are playing against a club you were recruited from the year before that you are assigned an extra point. This is the standard across all competitions Victoria wide

q.v. WRFL again, where a player shifted between clubs in the same division: Laverton-EDFL EDFL-Braybrook in one day. Didn't pick up an extra point because he came "from a different league"...

Following the outcome of Monday night’s Independent Integrity Hearing Panel’s decision in relation to the appeals of the player points reassessments made by University Blues FC, the VAFA Football Growth & Integrity Sub-Committee is now in the process of making recommendations to the VAFA Board in accordance with the rules of the Association, that will be considered at the Board meeting scheduled for this Thursday night.

The results of those VAFA Board considerations will be announced to all VAFA Clubs as soon as possible.

Following the outcome of Monday night’s Independent Integrity Hearing Panel’s decision in relation to the appeals of the player points reassessments made by University Blues FC, the VAFA Football Growth & Integrity Sub-Committee is now in the process of making recommendations to the VAFA Board in accordance with the rules of the Association, that will be considered at the Board meeting scheduled for this Thursday night.

The results of those VAFA Board considerations will be announced to all VAFA Clubs as soon as possible.
Are the vafa part of AFL Vic?

Expecting a pretty gutless outcome yet again from VAFA. they don't have the gonads to make a tough/fair call

They used to have some goose going through every signed team sheet in the whole comp , who fined all that hadn't filled in properly and they can't get 1 person to allocate points.
It happens in my cricket comp , if your not happy with it , you challenge it . Not rocket science .

The cricket example is a great one bedford. Where a club is unsure of the points that should be allocated to a player a quick e-mail the week before round 1 to the association clears everything up for the entire season.

The cricket example is a great one bedford. Where a club is unsure of the points that should be allocated to a player a quick e-mail the week before round 1 to the association clears everything up for the entire season.
It's not hard and you should be able to appeal it if not happy .

FWIW how many points was Topakas worth back in the day?
It's funny that Mr Pisarski is in charge of the permit committee, obviously the VAFA struggle for volunteers.

I'd love for someone in the know to revisit the Uni Blues 2019 grand final team and see what their real points were, there's a fair chance that SKOB would be defending triple premiers going for four in a row and Xavs would have added to their outstanding grand final appearances.

It's funny that Mr Pisarski is in charge of the permit committee, obviously the VAFA struggle for volunteers.

I'd love for someone in the know to revisit the Uni Blues 2019 grand final team and see what their real points were, there's a fair chance that SKOB would be defending triple premiers going for four in a row and Xavs would have added to their outstanding grand final appearances.
Does this open a can of worms for the vafa to now audit all Premier teams for starters since the inception of the points rule? You'd think it has to be done to clear up whether this is a one off...which it clearly isn't you'd think! If uni has done it this year, it's likely they've done it before....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If

Heard walking around elsternwick today that UNI are automatically relegated to B grade
Fingers crossed. They remind me of Geelong, not sure why. Just hate their guts. Uni Blacks always had more integrity. Hopefully they are in A grade next year.

Great call MP. Not a chance they were under 45 (even slightly, on an angle). That premiership was a real shame. A bit like the aberration of the Eagles in 2018 stopping the 4 peat of the mighty Tiges. To their credit, in my time at UNIMELB I always crossed paths with big Ayce Cordy. He wore shorts and thongs in the dead of winter sometimes the big fella.

The league does not need to calculate the points as this is the clubs responsibility. The league however should verify them all. It is not every player that needs checking simply new players to a club. Works well in virtually every leagu except the VAFA which has dropped the ball big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back