Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he needs to do some work in the SANFL.

Yes he took personal leave but then straight back in the side - sends the wrong message to this young group.
I don't care about the personal leave as much as the on field performance. He's lazy. He doesn't defend and he doesn't do enough offensively to make up for it.
I just wouldn't pick him.

Yes he took personal leave but then straight back in the side - sends the wrong message to this young group.
What, that they should panic if they have to take a week off to address a family issue? That they'll automatically be dropped?

I don't care about the personal leave as much as the on field performance. He's lazy. He doesn't defend and he doesn't do enough offensively to make up for it.
I just wouldn't pick him.

Convinced some have the blinkers on with this guy.

Yes, he came off two years injury impacted but boy, he lacks impact.

I’m happy for anyone to point out what x-factor he has coz I have yet to see it. He is going into his 7th playing season (8th if you inc 2021) so he needs to deliver for a 1st round pick.

Convinced some have the blinkers on with this guy.

Yes, he came off two years injury impacted but boy, he lacks impact.

I’m happy for anyone to point out what x-factor he has coz I have yet to see it. He is going into his 7th playing season (8th if you inc 2021) so he needs to deliver for a 1st round pick.
He has plenty of X factor i.e. almost impossible to tackle him when he's switched on, his agility and ability to evade tacklers etc is amazing, it's like time stops around him.

Big problem is we have never seen it anywhere near often enough. I think as someone earlier suggested he's lazy and rarely switched on enough?

dropping him purely for personal leave would send the message that the club thinks personal/family matters aren't important

He has plenty of X factor i.e. almost impossible to tackle him when he's switched on, his agility and ability to evade tacklers etc is amazing, it's like time stops around him.

Big problem is we have never seen it anywhere near often enough. I think as someone earlier suggested he's lazy and rarely switched on enough?

And then will give a 5 year contract based on potential.

Yep, an underachiever.

dropping him purely for personal leave would send the message that the club thinks personal/family matters aren't important

Perhaps but it also depends on how he is perceived by the playing group. They see how he trains etc.

If they see him not a hard trainer then has a bit of time off for personal reasons and automatically back in the side, then I as a fellow player would be mightily pissed off.

If
And then will give a 5 year contract based on potential.

Yep, an underachiever.
Interesting to see if he's at training today as Burns suggested in his presser yesterday.

Story in today's addy about his time away....Story says he was back in Adelaide but I know for a fact he and his missus and bub were spotted in Victoria in the company of a former Crows player's wife earlier in his time away from the playing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% spot on. I can’t believe anyone could claim he doesn’t have X factor. He makes the opposition stand still when he has the ball ( compare this to Chayce who almost can’t help but get tackled in traffic)

But totally agree we need to see it more. Hopefully this is the year. He seems to have had a full pre season and should be ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its Round 1 - we will never know if he was in the mix for a spot

Missing the WC game wouldnt help

Its Round 1 - we will never know if he was in the mix for a spot

Missing the WC game wouldnt help

Yup, especially as both Michaelanny and Parnell did quite well in that practice match.

You'd think it gives them the nod over Milera, for now.

Whipping boys dropping like flies, I think Jnr is next in line. Haters gotta have a whipping boy.

He is 26 years old this year in his 7th season of playing football (8th inc 2021) and needs to show consistency because it has been lacking in his career to date.

And remember he is a first round pick, a first round and has played 62 games. Time to deliver consistently.

If he does then well done and if he doesn’t then we have the right to take him to task.

Apparently (according to Footy Classified) when JHF arrived at North, he was assigned a mentor… Tarryn Thomas! This is now acknowledged as a mistake.
Yeah I wouldn't believe a thing Kane has to say about JHF

He is 26 years old this year in his 7th season of playing football (8th inc 2021) and needs to show consistency because it has been lacking in his career to date.

And remember he is a first round pick, a first round and has played 62 games. Time to deliver consistently.

If he does then well done and if he doesn’t then we have the right to take him to task.
His first couple of years he was trying to break into a very good side that had coach's that refused to play young players, then he was just starting to look the goods and he was cruelled by injury, He has now had a year to get his confidence back where he did show flashes of brilliance but a lot of rust. He has just completed a preseason where all reports were glowing. Then he has some pre-approved leave before the season starts and you lot want to write him off as a bad deal, have some patience and stop trying to be the first to call a player downfall before it happens, just because you might guess one or two doesn't mean you actually know football. And this little rant isn't aimed at you Kirky but to all the sad sack haters that love nothing more than gloating over "I called it first, he's a spud" mob that have been floating around here the last couple of years.

He wouldn’t have been dropped as he didn’t play in the last practice match.
He played mostly as an 'A' team player in the match sim vs Freo. He wasn't 'dropped' for the WC practice match, he was on leave.

So he's back now back from leave, so should slot straight back into the A team all other things being equal.

(Whether or not his form vs Freo meant he would have been dropped from the WC match if he was available is not an argument I'm going to enter.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back