Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

His first couple of years he was trying to break into a very good side that had coach's that refused to play young players, then he was just starting to look the goods and he was cruelled by injury, He has now had a year to get his confidence back where he did show flashes of brilliance but a lot of rust. He has just completed a preseason where all reports were glowing. Then he has some pre-approved leave before the season starts and you lot want to write him off as a bad deal, have some patience and stop trying to be the first to call a player downfall before it happens, just because you might guess one or two doesn't mean you actually know football. And this little rant isn't aimed at you Kirky but to all the sad sack haters that love nothing more than gloating over "I called it first, he's a spud" mob that have been floating around here the last couple of years.
I’ve noticed over the years that he needs regular games and he gets better and better each game. He’s not good at just coming in and going bang. So I hope if he is picked, that they stick with him. Because it’ll be worth it.

A lot of the Crows boys rapt to see their mate Campbell Chesser debuting for the West Coast Eagles this week after a wretched run of niggles last year.....I reckon we might be a chance down the track if he lives up to the talent he showed in the NAB League..Particularly close with Josh Rachele and Nick Murray.

Convinced some have the blinkers on with this guy.

Yes, he came off two years injury impacted but boy, he lacks impact.

I’m happy for anyone to point out what x-factor he has coz I have yet to see it. He is going into his 7th playing season (8th if you inc 2021) so he needs to deliver for a 1st round pick.
He's excellent by foot, he's very good in traffic and he's difficult to lay a hand on.

His impact per disposal is incredibly high.

If you want to criticize Milera, at least do it for things that are actually problems. Such as lack of defensive focus at times.

Perhaps but it also depends on how he is perceived by the playing group. They see how he trains etc.

If they see him not a hard trainer then has a bit of time off for personal reasons and automatically back in the side, then I as a fellow player would be mightily pissed off.
Or they might see him as a very close friend, and they want to support him through a personal issue instead of knifing him in the back.

he was borderline and others may have passed him in the final game. It's not really being dropped, seeing as it's round 1.
Yeah.. i didnt think he did much that stood out in the internal trial or freo game that said “pick me in front of all these others”..

In fact I thought his internal trial performance wasnt great.. thought chayce jones showed more in that than milera did.. jones was one of the best out there that day tho.

He played mostly as an 'A' team player in the match sim vs Freo. He wasn't 'dropped' for the WC practice match, he was on leave.

So he's back now back from leave, so should slot straight back into the A team all other things being equal.

(Whether or not his form vs Freo meant he would have been dropped from the WC match if he was available is not an argument I'm going to enter.)

other players can play well enough to pass him based on his Freo game though. Whether that is a dropping or not is not an argument I'm going to enter. Had EH missed for family reasons and TT came in and kicked 10, does he not move past EH in the order of merit. Surely why they missed is irrelevant if another plays themself into the spot.

Or they might see him as a very close friend, and they want to support him through a personal issue instead of knifing him in the back.
After the team trained today, (including Wayne Milera), Ben Keays talked up Wayne’s effort to come back from his injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even within the media, we still live rent free in their heads.

View attachment 1629904
Poor form PA having a swipe at Rowey that way on their site. I actually gave up on the show with all the crow camp shit and Caro on there. I doubt ratings would pick up with 2 PA ex-players on there, although they are both good presenters.

Listening to Nicks sounds like he’s playing. Also sounds like this time off has been in the works for a bit, he said they thought this might come up. I’m guessing something medical that eventuated.
Maybe there is nothing wrong with Wayne himself but rather his wife or child have had to undergo some sort of treatment?

wayne had Wolff-parkinson-white syndrome which can be hereditary..

Poor form PA having a swipe at Rowey that way on their site. I actually gave up on the show with all the crow camp s**t and Caro on there. I doubt ratings would pick up with 2 PA ex-players on there, although they are both good presenters.
dont write 5aa match days off - scott camporeale is doing crows games with rowe this year given bicks departure i think campo will be very interesting

on the sports show they never should have got rid of bicks. rowe never recovered from that and then jimmy being delisted last year was the nail in the coffin...

dont write 5aa match days off - scott camporeale is doing crows games with rowe this year given bicks departure i think campo will be very interesting

on the sports show they never should have got rid of bicks. rowe never recovered from that and then jimmy being delisted last year was the nail in the coffin...
aa aa aa aa aa eh?

Campo has a busy time ahead then with a couple of sons being future eligible Blues Father-sons.

Maybe there is nothing wrong with Wayne himself but rather his wife or child have had to undergo some sort of treatment?

wayne had Wolff-parkinson-white syndrome which can be hereditary..
That’s what I’m suggesting, could be family medical, if that’s the case his time away is completely understandable

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back