Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are one of the in form top 4 teams alongside Brissy.

Does it mean anything come finals? Nope. Finals is just a whole different ball game. But looking at where our defensive and contested KPI's are at its eerily similar to 2021 and most premiership teams of previous years.

I genuinely think we'll knock off the pies off purely because our game has been stacking up better the last 5 weeks compared to Collingwoods. I mean there's other factors as well, but something tells me we're much better prepared then last year.

Can't wait now.
Winner of our game is a lock for the GF. Loser I don't think even makes it. This game is the most important game outside the GF

Our extent lol.

Brisbane had a hard time beating St Kilda and Adelaide in their last two games at the Gabba.

Didn't watch those games did you.. they had their fair share of lapse in those games. Even the game against us at the G, didn't see their lapse when they were 24 minutes up with 7 mins to go?

Do your research a bit better because I can keep going if you like?
bit of a difference between stkilda and Adelaide (2 top 8 teams, let's be really regarding adelaide) and hawthorn and North melbourne

bit of a difference between stkilda and Adelaide (2 top 8 teams, let's be really regarding adelaide) and hawthorn and North melbourne
Oh so there's a key criteria now?

Collingwood getting thumped by Hawthorn?

Brisbane getting beaten Gold Coast Hawthorn and also just beating Freo by 3 points?

Seriously, you suck at this. I've given you prime examples of where other top 4 teams have had their fair share of lapses. This is why there's not a clear stand out team this year where they've gone on and had a completely dominant season like say the Geelong of 2007 and 2009.

We are one of the in form top 4 teams alongside Brissy.

Does it mean anything come finals? Nope. Finals is just a whole different ball game. But looking at where our defensive and contested KPI's are at its eerily similar to 2021 and most premiership teams of previous years.

I genuinely think we'll knock off the pies off purely because our game has been stacking up better the last 5 weeks compared to Collingwoods. I mean there's other factors as well, but something tells me we're much better prepared then last year.

Can't wait now.
Form going into finals actually means a lot. History suggests teams who hit form leading into a finals series do very well. Most of the recent premiers were the most in form side leading into finals. Injuries of course play a part and ladder position, but form is definitely important.

Winner of our game is a lock for the GF. Loser I don't think even makes it. This game is the most important game outside the GF

Yep, putting Brisbane aside, Carlton beat* us only a couple of weeks ago, no cert we even make it to Brisbane for a prelim if we lose this week.

Gotta win on Thursday night, I reckon we absolutely can. If we do that great chance of a flag. If we dont, I think we are ****ed.

Assuming Brisbane win I think that preliminary final will be a tough game and I mean physically tough. I still think Brisbane will get through but any team that gets through the gabba preliminary final would come out feeling a bit more sore than the other preliminary final. I don't know why but a preliminary final against a port/saints/gws feels a bit more bruise free compared to Melbourne/Collingwood/Carlton.

Assuming Brisbane win I think that preliminary final will be a tough game and I mean physically tough. I still think Brisbane will get through but any team that gets through the gabba preliminary final would come out feeling a bit more sore than the other preliminary final. I don't know why but a preliminary final against a port/saints/gws feels a bit more bruise free compared to Melbourne/Collingwood/Carlton.
Gws and Saints are tough teams and Port can run you to the death but they do look the easier side of the draw

Gws and Saints are tough teams and Port can run you to the death but they do look the easier side of the draw
I still think Carlton's style is more taxing than a gws or saints. Carlton's very much a team that will bash you on the inside win it and get you on the outside. Gws and Saints don't have that heavy contest style. I think it's a moot point I don't think either team get past port (or Brisbane) in week 2.

I still think Carlton's style is more taxing than a gws or saints. Carlton's very much a team that will bash you on the inside win it and get you on the outside. Gws and Saints don't have that heavy contest style. I think it's a moot point I don't think either team get past port (or Brisbane) in week 2.
GWS just knocked off Carlton in Melbourne. They could do anyone on their day I reckon

Who would go better in the rain? MFC or the attendees of Burning Man?
Man I’d love to be at Burning Man right now. Would be mad fun I reckon.

Seems it’s become very popular with influencers and whatnot these days, not so much when I was going there about a decade+ ago, goddamn. What a party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised you aren't sure, but again simple. They cant play at the G apparently but flogged us for most of the game. So even being terrible they still nearly got us so it's a pretty nothing point
You've been saying they flogged us for most of the game again and again when most statistical measures showed a very even, sea-sawing game.

We started and finished the game well and they played well through the 2nd and 3rd quarters. We also won clearance by 13 and contested ball by 21. They choked up a 28 point lead and completely stopped in the last.

They have a terrible record at the MCG that you're saying is irrelevant and I'm saying isn't given they might have to play a prelim or grand final there. Brisbane have question marks over them, but so does everyone else this year.

You've been saying they flogged us for most of the game again and again when most statistical measures showed a very even, sea-sawing game.

We started and finished the game well and they played well through the 2nd and 3rd quarters. We also won clearance by 13 and contested ball by 21. They choked up a 28 point lead and completely stopped in the last.
Yeah I never got the whole Birbsnae dominated that game thing, there's a reason why the scores were so level and the worm was actually a perfect sinewave lol

From memory and just looking at the worm, We dominated the first quarter and last quarters, and they dominated the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Round 2 however, they absolutely destroyed us that game except the last 5 minutes.

They have a terrible record at the MCG that you're saying is irrelevant and I'm saying isn't given they might have to play a prelim or grand final there. Brisbane have question marks over them, but so does everyone else this year.
It wasnt an even see sawing game did you even watch it? We slammed on the first 4, Brisbane woke up and turned the game around and from half way through the 1st till the start of the last they were absolutely all over us until they shut up shot and blew it.

No one thinks they're unbeatable at all but banging on about previous finals series and 'soft' based on nothing is just silly.

It wasnt an even see sawing game did you even watch it? We slammed on the first 4, Brisbane woke up and turned the game around and from half way through the 1st till the start of the last they were absolutely all over us until they shut up shot and blew it.

No one thinks they're unbeatable at all but banging on about previous finals series and 'soft' based on nothing is just silly.
Think you're being pretty kind to Brisbane and harsh on us. After our initial burst in the first quarter Brisbane and us went goal for goal for the rest of the quarter. They dominated the second quarter and half of the third and then it went goal for goal again from that point until the final term which we dominated.

Think you're being pretty kind to Brisbane and harsh on us. After our initial burst in the first quarter Brisbane and us went goal for goal for the rest of the quarter. They dominated the second quarter and half of the third and then it went goal for goal again from that point until the final term which we dominated.
Nah we were hanging on in that 3rd thanks to some Trac brilliance and the ball was living in their forward half. Regardless, that's not a Brisbane side who 'can't play at the G'
They played pretty ****ing well

Nah we were hanging on in that 3rd thanks to some Trac brilliance and the ball was living in their forward half. Regardless, that's not a Brisbane side who 'can't play at the G'
They played pretty ******* well

Not sure what the point is in saying we only stayed in it because our best player had a good game. I think they played very well when they were on top but couldn't keep it going. It was hardly a dominant performance, even game with big momentum swings, Brisbane were just on top for a more sustained period of time in the middle where we bookended the game on top.

You can argue they put the cue in the rack but Brisbane lapse quite a bit in final quarters where we are one of if not the best at running games out. Agree the form at the MCG thing is a bit overblown for them.

Agree the form at the MCG thing is a bit overblown for them.
Righto so that's the end of the conversation lol
I could give a stuff about arguing the semantics of that game the point was ruling them out because of MCG form is silly and we agree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back