Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We almost got lucky with Petty, but that was never in the plan heading into 2023.

What do you mean? We started and played him forward against Sydney in round 3 when we had no injuries in the forward line. Playing him forward when possible was absolutely in the plan.

What do you mean? We started and played him forward against Sydney in round 3 when we had no injuries. Playing him forward when possible was absolutely in the plan.

He may have gone forward in that game but was named at CHB. My impression was Petty was an experiment this season as other options foundered or failed.

Petty had kicked just 7 goals in 47 games heading into 2023. Completely unknown quantity in front of the big sticks.

2051DE7B-3CC6-4F4B-9EA6-BDCD65D7F7C2.jpeg

What do you base this on?
Blowing leads, losing to cellar dwellars, almost complete inability to win at the 'G, and a team littered with flaky front-runners.

Talent-wise, they're probably the best team in it. Just don't trust them though.

Blowing leads, losing to cellar dwellars, almost completely inability to win at the 'G, and a team littered with flaky front-runners.

Talent-wise, they're probably the best team in it. Just don't trust them though.

Lions of old would have choked away their chance to finish second on the ladder with their run home I reckon. Couple of tight games where they could have lost but it appeared that their defense held up well and they learnt some lesson's of how to defend a lead after blowing it against us.

He may have gone forward in that game but was named at CHB. My impression was Petty was an experiment this season as other options foundered or failed.

Petty had kicked just 7 goals in 47 games heading into 2023. Completely unknown quantity in front of the big sticks.

View attachment 1793063

He started forward from the first bounce. Team sheets mean absolutely nothing.

Name literally one forward that was available last year that we could have picked up for the equivalent we paid for Grundy.

You have to plan well ahead and tap players up in advance of the trade period, sometimes a year in advance. It’s impossible to say who we could’ve unseated from another club but to my mind we didn’t try hard enough, focused too heavily on the crazy idea Gawn/Grundy would be the answers to all our goal kicking prayers.

Anyway it’s done now. But there’ll be no excuse for it happening again next year.

He started forward from the first bounce. Team sheets mean absolutely nothing.

I don’t recall that being the case. You might be right but it was experimental, not part of the core plan.

Petty was named (and played) CHB in Rounds 1 and 2 as well. TMac, Brown both preferred.

F1242966-8B08-4C21-98E0-E832DBD6C239.jpeg
931F3CA4-BC7E-4E75-99AF-1E4AD94B7AB1.jpeg

I don’t recall that being the case. You might be right but it was experimental, not part of the core plan.

Petty was named (and played) CHB in Rounds 1 and 2 as well. TMac, Brown both preferred.

View attachment 1793078
View attachment 1793079

If it wasn't part of the plan I doubt Goody moves him forward so early in the season. You're acting like he only played forward late in the season when in reality I think he played more games forward than back this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of mail here guys. Can’t divulge source but Hibberd in, Bowey out is apparently happening.

Pig might’ve been selected anyway but Bowey out with a shoulder issue has settled it.

Officially no Daicos.

“He’s unavailable this week and we’re really confident that if required he’ll be able to play week two of the Finals Series.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back