Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try not to remember the game too closely but my recollection is we lost this game the same way we lost a bunch of games second half of last year. We got off to a decent start but became totally boring and predictable and they ran over the top of us. Which Max confirmed is pretty much the internal view of the season now too.

Tbh I don't think the team is over being prone to this. Still seen many occasions this year when we get out to a lead and start our boring 'control' mode which gives opposition teams very little trouble.
Don't think we've lost many games at all this year where teams have run over the top of us. We're closing out games very well.

Don't think we've lost many games at all this year where teams have run over the top of us. We're closing out games very well.

Yeah that's the saving grace this year, but the part about switching off after getting out to a lead still happens too often for me to be confident going into a final series. Don't really want to rely in giving up a lead and then running back over good teams late in a final.

Oh look, it's Jeremy Howe sinking the boots in again

Screenshot_20230904_104136_Chrome.jpg

Pretty sure we are the best last qtr team in the comp or at least in the second half of the year

I mean, I'd probably be salty too if I was heading into a finals series with Darcy Cameron as a number one ruck

Think my desire to win another flag is only matched by my desire for Howe to never win one

Buckley lied to Jeremy Howe!!
I did enjoy Buckley ranting about how Howe wasn't a forward in the pre-game last week

Bold of Howe to take the Ed Langdon pre-game approach by saying his own mate is all is all duck and no dinner.

Sadly I don't think we'll be getting payback via Grundy kicking 5 against them in a grand final.

Bold of Howe to take the Ed Langdon pre-game approach by saying his own mate is all is all duck and no dinner.

Sadly I don't think we'll be getting payback via Grundy kicking 5 against them in a grand final.
Just bizarre to get on his high horse about this of all things. Grundy left Collingwood under basically the exact same circumstances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BoM says 1 to 7mm. Hardly the great deluge.

As it gets closer to Thursday the big number number will get smaller and smaller.

Its a shame if it is going to be wet, not so much for our chances but because you can't beat a nice 18 degree September evening, fast track and the crowd getting rowdy. The atmosphere will be dampened greatly.

Has there ever been a wet QF/SF/GF in the history of the AFL? I don't think there has. Always seems that in September the wet goes away.

Cats Saints grand final was feral weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back