Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time 4th beat 1st in the QF? I'm sure it's happened, but not a lot.

I just struggle to see where we beat them. Best team all season, it's going to take a monumental effort to get over the line. I'd say we probably win 3 out of 10 in this game certainly a chance, but Pies are bloody strong. That touch on the line against Carlton could be the difference between a GF or not.
2019 Collingwood beat Geelong. 2016 GWS beat Sydney

I just struggle to see where we beat them.
Their only win in the last 4 weeks was against Essendon, who fell over the line against both North and West Coast and then lost by 150(?) to GWS.
We've done enough to win every one of our games in the last 8 weeks bar one, and that was via a dodgy call in the Carlton game. Most of those games were without both Oliver and Fritsch.

Collingwood are a really good team and I have no doubt Collingwood will be on but they're beatable if we bring our best.

I think Smith will have more impact coming on the ground late than Tmac. The one thing Tmac has going for him is his aerobic capacity. Plus if Tmac is useless we can sub him off at half time and it won't really hurt our structure.
TMc is strong in the body, and hips-legs. handy back or forward with this trait in wet conditions.
Can also hurt opponents when crashing a pack.

I think both Smith and TMc start. with Van rooyen 12st tall forward with Smith 2nd tall. TMc as a floater from the bench as needed.

Hibbo should come straight into the backline. Especially if its wet.

TMc is strong in the body, and hips-legs. handy back or forward with this trait in wet conditions.
Can also hurt opponents when crashing a pack.

I think both Smith and TMc start. with Van rooyen 12st tall forward with Smith 2nd tall. TMc as a floater from the bench as needed.

Hibbo should come straight into the backline. Especially if its wet.
Think you've discovered my next username.

NFI how their ratings work but he's been a mile off it...I just don't see the point of him. He's not quick, he's not great defensively, he's got a neat kick but he never takes on any risk so that's pretty useless. Rivers has taken his spot in the side and we need to look elsewhere (Hibbo)
Still can't get my head around the tag Sydney put on him.

When was the last time 4th beat 1st in the QF? I'm sure it's happened, but not a lot.

I just struggle to see where we beat them. Best team all season, it's going to take a monumental effort to get over the line. I'd say we probably win 3 out of 10 in this game certainly a chance, but Pies are bloody strong. That touch on the line against Carlton could be the difference between a GF or not.

2019 Collingwood (4) beat Geelong (1). Was a weird year with 3 teams on 16 wins and Collingwood on 15.

I’m so nervous this is ****ed

2019 Collingwood (4) beat Geelong (1). Was a weird year with 3 teams on 16 wins and Collingwood on 15.

I’m so nervous this is ****ed
Geelong had an enormous percentage advantage over the rest of the top 4 indicates they choked badly that year.

Is it me or is Collingwood playing there premiership in the media before week 1 match 1 of finals begins?

Seeing non-stop articles of players and coaches talking to the media about it while Dees have been quiet and gone about business

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it me or is Collingwood playing there premiership in the media before week 1 match 1 of finals begins?

Seeing non-stop articles of players and coaches talking to the media about it while Dees have been quiet and gone about business
We had a heap of shit like this in 2021

Helps that our training base is half way to Gippsland

they've done alot of talking, especially old mate Jeremey.

I thought the same. Journos talking shyte for suspense.

I want a Toump-Ass/Toump-Aso garuntee

**** off, Toump is on a no guarantee guarantee on injury predictions these finals

Collingwoods coaching rambling on about how kids and people should wear black n white to school n work was insufferable. Also all the crap about preparing for May/Lever makes me think they are going to focus more on negating us then playing to win.

Macrae in the news conference told the reporters "see you in two weeks". They're super confident. Hardly seen anything on Dees this week other than Fritta's foot.

We are the away team, meds.
Dudedad What GIF

Totally agree. McRae is everywhere, Howe, Maynard coming out with interviews and comments.

Good on ‘em. A Mack truck is coming their way at 100m/h.

Essentially picking 26 players from a squad of 31 in contention.

Brown, Petty, Howes, Sestan, Dunstan, Melksham injured.

AMZ, KFW, DSmith, KTurner, Verrall, Adams, Jefferson not in contention.

I don't even know if that latter group would be training much, unless we need match sim. If we win this week, I'd imagine that they'd be close to done for the year.

I just struggle to see where we beat them. Best team all season, it's going to take a monumental effort to get over the line.

More interesting stat - no flag winner has lost 2 out of their last 4 home and away games in a decade.

Pies are good but big question mark on whether they peaked too early in the season. Their loss on KBday marked a moderate drop off in form that they’ve never really recovered from.

I’m not too fussed about their downhill ski over a sh1tfull Essendon last weekend. That’s not a true marker of where they’re at.

No Nick Daicos. We won’t get a better chance than Thursday night to beat them. And I believe we will.

Interesting analysis today from Kingy👇🏼 He rates us and how we’re travelling better than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back