Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt. But at the end of the day the backs and forwards can do their thing (which they’ve done consistently all year) but if we don’t pile on score none of that will matter.

Our forward line is the weakest area of our 22. Can’t afford for Kozzie to have another quiet one. It’s show and tell time. Must lift.
Won't matter if we keep Collingwood to 43 points.

Forwards generally don't win you finals, defenders do.

Ah, might be old news....

Tremendous. Hopefully they give Cameron 70%+ ruck time to really drive home the advantage for us

Hmm not a whole lot of rain that game. Probably as much as when we played Richmond.

Ground copped a lot rain before the Pies game against the Tigers in round 3, very slippery, a few light showers during the first quarter when leading 2.6 to 1.0 at quarter time. Game ended 8.15 to 7.7

Won't matter if we keep Collingwood to 43 points.

Forwards generally don't win you finals, defenders do.

Both matter.

I’m just telling you who I think needs a good or even big performance on Thursday night, after a run of poor form.

If you’re happy for Kozzie to just putt along, collect 9 fumbly touches and not hit the scoreboard … that’s weird.

Wet conditions too. Ball on the deck and out over the back a lot, too. No excuses.

I keep coming back to Kozzie in my mind as the potential difference maker on Thursday night. He’s had a patchy season, a good game followed by two average to poor ones. His last three games to finish off the home and away were sub-par: just the two goals overall and an 8 touch/game average.

I get that it’s one of the most challenging roles on the ground but we’re really relying on Koz here to pull something out of the fire. Likely slippery conditions, bigger ground, he’s going to get enough crumbing opportunities to work with to some serious damage. Weave some magic.

A three goal, three goal assist game from Kozzie and we’re odds on to go straight into a home preliminary final. The stakes are massive. Pressure gauge is on.

View attachment 1794302

Start him in the centre, get him engaged early. When we've given him centre bounces he's played his best games of the year vs Dogs and Crows. When we leave him up forward he gets cold and looks out of it.

Ground copped a lot rain before the Pies game against the Tigers in round 3, very slippery, a few light showers during the first quarter when leading 2.6 to 1.0 at quarter time. Game ended 8.15 to 7.7
Remember that game. Richmond were terrible and should have lost by ten goals. They also struggled in the Queensland humidity same as us. Collingwood have been mostly pretty blessed with the weather though.

Start him in the centre, get him engaged early. When we've given him centre bounces he's played his best games of the year vs Dogs and Crows. When we leave him up forward he gets cold and looks out of it.

I’d agree with that. Needs hands on leather early. He seems to get a huge amount of confidence being involved and in the thick of it.

Capable of damaging handballs and clever tap ons around the middle that could split the Pies open.

Like Cyril Rioli, he makes opposition players nervous just by virtue of being near the pill.

Remember that game. Richmond were terrible and should have lost by ten goals. They also struggled in the Queensland humidity same as us. Collingwood have been mostly pretty blessed with the weather though.

Hopefully they kick 1 goal every three scoring shots on Thursday night against us. We never seem to get blessed like though, more likely 15.8 🥲

Really hope we play all these cards we've been experimenting with this year Kozzy in the middle, trac forward etc. Hopefully catch the pies off guard.

I’d agree with that. Needs hands on leather early. He seems to get a huge amount of confidence being involved and in the thick of it.

Capable of damaging handballs and clever tap ons around the middle that could split the Pies open.

Like Cyril Rioli, he makes opposition players nervous just by virtue of being near the pill.

Yep, when he doesn't get his hands on the ball he sometimes starts trying too hard to make something happen and does dumb shit that costs us too. Flying for impossible marks instead of staying down, giving away stupid frees etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm genuinely torn about McDonald. It could be a game-winning move to go small but it's a big gamble in such a big game. Playing conservatively doesn't win flags though. My guess is they bring T-Mac in and have Hibberd as sub if needed to take him off and throw Smith forward. Or Hibberd starts and Smith sub.

Really hope we play all these cards we've been experimenting with this year Kozzy in the middle, trac forward etc. Hopefully catch the pies off guard.
Yep. Way too safe last year at the pointy end.

I'd rather we go down swinging and trying a few things, than the long, slow down the line stuff.

Kick outs are an interesting example of this. We've toyed with the down the guts kick throughout the year, instead of the usual put it on Gawny's head on the fat side of the ground. Hope we use the skinny side and get it into space and back our players 1 on 1 when there's a chance.

Strangely feel pretty relaxed for this game so far, might change in 48 hours. I think there's an element that there's less expectation this time around.
reckon there's a heap of pressure on the pies, lot of talk for them the past two seasons and nothing to show for it just yet.

We've flown under the radar a little with Brisbane being talked up too.

Will probs be shitting myself come Thursday arvo though.

reckon there's a heap of pressure on the pies, lot of talk for them the past two seasons and nothing to show for it just yet.

We've flown under the radar a little with Brisbane being talked up too.

Will probs be shitting myself come Thursday arvo though.

I was feeling okay then read your post and now I’m shitting my pants.

Geez they’d want to hope the rain is very minimal.

TBF one could end up sub - Which has me wondering if we may consider TMac as sub. Gives us the flexibility of moving things around if they go with Turner and Smith in the 22 again. I reckon the conditions are being oversold a bit tbh.

What is best in life Demons?

To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

h/t Conan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back