Preview Preview/changes v. Collingwood @ MCG - Qualifying Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what was incorrect about Howe's comment? Did Grundy become an AA KPF overnight, did he?
Maybe Howe should have fought this hard for his mate when they were at the same club.

Cats Saints grand final was feral weather.
That really was the one that got away for St Kilda. They restricted Geelong to 15 inside 50's for the entire first half and had 31 themselves, yet Geelong were somehow able to still kick 7 goals from 8 scoring shots and only went in 6 points down at half time.

As a Melbourne fan there aren't too many 'what if' moments where a flag was within reach if only the ball bounced the other way, or a player picked a different option. Feels like Saints fans would have a million of these and I'm not sure they're not waking up in cold sweats every now and then thinking about them.

That really was the one that got away for St Kilda. They restricted Geelong to 15 inside 50's for the entire first half and had 31 themselves, yet Geelong were somehow able to still kick 7 goals from 8 scoring shots and only went in 6 points down at half time.

As a Melbourne fan there aren't too many 'what if' moments where a flag was within reach if only the ball bounced the other way, or a player picked a different option. Feels like Saints fans would have a million of these and I'm not sure they're not waking up in cold sweats every now and then thinking about them.

Can confirm, Steven Milne is still waking up to puddles of sweat at 3AM.

Beg Discover GIF
Please Melbourne, please.

Just about everyone on here is quite measured and thoughtful which I can appreciate.

I genuinely believe the winner of this game will win the flag plain and simple.

Let the best team win!
Measured and thoughtful? I just read 5 pages of mostly arguments. Crikey the Pies board must be bad in comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh look, it's Jeremy Howe sinking the boots in again

View attachment 1793541
As I recall, Howe, like Dunny... did not like being shifted to the backline... and so didn't buy into this positional change at Melbourne.

When he left, they (pies) were iirc, going to play him forward.... well,,, that idea went well Jeremy.

So like Melbourne before them, he ended up a defender of nice skills; because he finally bought into that role. Put his head down, and his arse up you know where.

Just got on with footy.

This is a moore a story of the old Melbourne culture, from back then, were players new better than the the coaches. And possibly did to.
Moores the pity.

Howe would know all about being sold a position he could never fulfill.
Grundy wasn't sold a lie by the Pies.

He was just purely, 'Sold', by them.

Melbourne made the mistake of fulfilling the Pies wishes, to alleviate Grundy's salary from under they're caps.

They should still be in salary cap grief right now, imv.

Its a shame if it is going to be wet, not so much for our chances but because you can't beat a nice 18 degree September evening, fast track and the crowd getting rowdy. The atmosphere will be dampened greatly.
Somebody tell Kozzy to keep his feet on the ground, and use his speed and his height to advantage, in the Damp slippery conditions. HiHo Ginnavan.

Has there ever been a wet QF/SF/GF in the history of the AFL? I don't think there has. Always seems that in September the wet goes away.
It will, after this round, boyz.

This is the test to conquer this week... after which??? we will be settled to ponder further into September.

Tracca to start in the middle... in the wet conditions. Before moving forward after Q1.

Bray, Tracca, Viney, Gawn.

Bray defensive mid, who sneaks forward when he can.

Roll both Tracca and Viney as small forwards, with Kozz rolling thru the mids with Chinz.

We need an inside-50 that is in perpetual motion.. spreading and rolling.

Totally agree with this. Shoulda let them suffer.
If we weren't keen on Grundy he 100% would have ended up at Port last year. Only reason we got him is because it meant he didn't have to move.

To be fair, he was just answering the questions. He left Melbourne for a fresh start and both parties got what they wanted. I don’t believe anyone should stay at a club if they aren’t happy.

They definitely wrote this story for a reason though.
We got Ben Kennedy lol you can safely say you won that trade.

Has there ever been a wet QF/SF/GF in the history of the AFL? I don't think there has. Always seems that in September the wet goes away.

- 1988 GF Hawthorn v Melbourne p1ssed down after half time from memory. Probably stopped them winning by 150 instead of just the 96 points.

- One of the Brisbane v Collingwood GF’s of the early 2000’s had cyclone like conditions. Rain and blowing a Benny Gale. I think it was the close one where Anthony Rocca had a clear goal disallowed at a crucial moment in the game. Glad they’ve fixed up those issues now, 20 years later.

The footy world can stop feeling sorry for Brodie Grundy. He’s earning $900k a year to play a game. He also might like to take some responsibility for the predicament he’s in. Played like an absolute bag of sh1t when in our senior side regardless of whatever role was given him. See ya.

- 1988 GF Hawthorn v Melbourne p1ssed down after half time from memory. Probably stopped them winning by 150 instead of just the 96 points.

- One of the Brisbane v Collingwood GF’s of the early 2000’s had cyclone like conditions. Rain and blowing a Benny Gale. I think it was the close one where Anthony Rocca had a clear goal disallowed at a crucial moment in the game. Glad they’ve fixed up those issues now, 20 years later.
2002 grand final was wet, I remember 2 weeks earlier melbourne vs Adelaide the temperature reached 30 degrees. The grand final is always at the true start of spring and October is Melbourne's wettest month, it's the luck of the draw.

The footy world can stop feeling sorry for Brodie Grundy. He’s earning $900k a year to play a game. He also might like to take some responsibility for the predicament he’s in. Played like an absolute bag of sh1t when in our senior side regardless of whatever role was given him. See ya.
That last game he played when he took the ball out of the centre and decided not to kick the ball into the F50 but rather handball to someone who was going to be insta tackled just summed up why he should not be playing. Bad decisions ALL year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back