Game Day Preview Rnd 12 Geelong V Richmond, Sat 1st June 2024, 7:30pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd love to see a 3 qtr time frees paid for and against ladder. We have been smashed by the umpires then given cheap ones near the end when they don't matter.

Since Scott made the comments about holding the ball and advantage, we have been smashed in the free kick count.

I know we have been poor and the umps aren't to blame for that, but it doesn’t help.

I'd love to see a 3 qtr time frees paid for and against ladder. We have been smashed by the umpires then given cheap ones near the end when they don't matter.

Since Scott made the comments about holding the ball and advantage, we have been smashed in the free kick count.

I know we have been poor and the umps aren't to blame for that, but it doesn’t help.
What will it take for a resolution? A public grovelling apology by Chris Scott to the entire umpiring mafia fraternity?

Tigers winning clearances 24 to 18. Cats at least not being smashed. Luckily Taranto, Hopper and Prestia are not playing. I think we'll even it up in the second half. 🤔

During that second quarter, when we did get first hands on the ball in the guts & tried to move it forward, we all moved forward

At the same time, there would be one or two Richmond players holding to see who would win the clearance, which meant that if we fumbled, they had open players goal side

We needed at least one player to hold on the defensive side rather than all getting sucked to the ball like AusKick kids
Yeah that can't through a bit on TV too.

We're investing so much in the forward press that we're caught out on the turnover, but the thing that really irks me is that even when we get the entries we've kicked it straight to Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think mannagh is a solution either though I do think we need to drop a tall for someone who can be mid-fwd.

I would actually consider dropping Henry for Knevitt. Knevitt can play wing, he can work as mid when needed, has a tank so you can tell him to start forward and get on the bike, and he's probably a better contested mark than half of forwards so if you want to target him forward you can. Like a taller Menegola but not starting wing at centre bounce.

It's not a full solution but we need more ground level impact here because we're giving away huge amounts of space defensively.

Unless we're leaving one of Hawkins or Cameron home next week, think it's safe to say that Neale is a likely out as we'll return to using Blicavs as the #2 ruck

Give Ollie Henry a week off as well, because that'll give him an extended break with the bye the following week

Those two changes straight up will give us better balance up forward

And as much as he's offered playing on the wing, the last 10 minutes of the second quarter much like our opening match against St Kilda, showed the value of Dempsey up forward - thinning we need to find a way to have him spend more time up forward

It could end up being that 10-15 disposals from Dempsey playing up forward ends up a more valuable option for the team compared with him getting 15-20 playing up on the wing

And looks like we're sticking with the late second quarter move - Dempsey up forward and Cameron on the wing

Derm cooking Gryan Miers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back