News Putting the Rich back into Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

My return on investment is pretty ordinary over the last 30 years, but this is hardly something that should be so measured.

Yes, I'll help out, but they had better not stuff this up. This is a bailout by those who have most supported the club and been most let down by previous management and boards. Of course we want to help, but let it not be overlooked that we are a bloody fantastic bunch and members should be remembered forever as those who gave and gave and gave

Wonder how much that cretin Clinton Casey is putting in after selling his house for a lazy $16m last year?

Also, when I click on the website to donate it asks me (and all others presumably) to enter my user id and password. Wouldn't have the foggiest and thought i'll do this another time. For others outside richmond or who may not even be members, what ability do they have to donate? Sounds a little ill-considered. Make it easy....

spot on BJ. Also alienates non-Richmond people/ nonmembers.

Dumb

Agree......Benny Gale informs us that we have 500,000 Richmond supporters
around Australia, of which only 40-50k are registered members.

This login process takes 450,000 Richmond supporters out of play unless they
ring the club to set up an account....most of which will probably lose their
inspiration by this time. It must be made as easy as possible to get the fence sitters IMO.

The only reason I can think of for this is they want to try and register the info of non-members for future membership campaigns!?

:confused:

Agree......Benny Gale informs us that we have 500,000 Richmond supporters
around Australia, of which only 40-50k are registered members.

This login process takes 450,000 Richmond supporters out of play unless they
ring the club to set up an account....most of which will probably lose their
inspiration by this time. It must be made as easy as possible to get the fence sitters IMO.

The only reason I can think of for this is they want to try and register the info of non-members for future membership campaigns!?

:confused:

This can be done by simply asking for your name, number and email when you click the link t donate.

This can be done by simply asking for your name, number and email when you click the link t donate.

Yep, spot on.

Was trying to give the benefit of the doubt to the footy club......

So the login feature seems to have no redeeming features, it only serves
to turn people away!
:(

This is a great option for the interstate supporter whom doesn't get to many games like myself to donate to this fund rather than take the 'Tiger Insider' membership..
I for one will be happy to contribute..:thumbsu:

Yep, spot on.

to turn people away!

The only other reason I can think of is for security reasons.

simple solution

30,000 members/fans take $200 to punt road, buy out everything in the richmond shop, get a photo with everyplayer and signed on the spot.

30,000 X 200 = 6million(the goal)

run it for a few days and it will happen!!!!

I just went to donate and they have changed the login page.....

You can now create an account online, no need to ring the club.....good stuff!
:thumbsu:

already tried to donate, didnt have my password, wonder why they put these hurdles in the way:confused:

The RFC person I spoke to on the phone (when he took my donation) said they were going to fix this. He said they were trying to keep a track of who donated what....a VERY large oversight for such an important thing. I.e. if you don't make it easy for people to donate - they will give up!

Yep, spot on.

to turn people away!

Fix this RFCO. If I have been put off donating for now because I couldn't be arsed getting my User ID and password, and others on forums, radio and news websites have already said they would like to donate even though they are not RFC fans, surely we have to make it as easy as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fix this RFCO. If I have been put off donating for now because I couldn't be arsed getting my User ID and password, and others on forums, radio and news websites have already said they would like to donate even though they are not RFC fans, surely we have to make it as easy as possible.

Its a system we chose to use, that seems has a fair amount of limitations but we're getting around them.

If you cant donate online, call us up and donate over the phone 1300 RICHMOND

I don't want to sound like a whinging bitch, but...

We all buy a membership each year, surely asking us for extra random cash donations is a little odd. Sure we have to clear this debt but I don't think that asking the members to fork out again is really the right way to go about it. I am 19, with a good paying job and could afford to fork out some extra cash, it just seems weird though. I'm not sure yet, gonna wait on it.

Are the players/staff chipping in ala Melbourne with their debt recovery?

I think you are taking it a little personally. The call to arms goes to everybody but they know everyone is in a different position but they arent going to look down or want a 19 year old to be down because he feels he has to give money. You and I could give money and notice, others have money to give without blinking. This is definitely aimed more to try and strike some big donations from the top end of town more than haggling at youngsters like you and I. :thumbsu:

I've already given to the Punt Road Fund this year on top of my membership so probably just a pineapple from me as I cant refuse benny after watching the video.

I think you are taking it a little personally. The call to arms goes to everybody but they know everyone is in a different position but they arent going to look down or want a 19 year old to be down because he feels he has to give money. You and I could give money and notice, others have money to give without blinking. This is definitely aimed more to try and strike some big donations from the top end of town more than haggling at youngsters like you and I. :thumbsu:

I've already given to the Punt Road Fund this year on top of my membership so probably just a pineapple from me as I cant refuse benny after watching the video.

My Boss barracks for the Tiges and has plenty of coin lying around so I think I will be getting in his ear about this, maybe he can delay replacing his beamer that is about 3 years old for a while:rolleyes:

Its a system we chose to use, that seems has a fair amount of limitations but we're getting around them.

If you cant donate online, call us up and donate over the phone 1300 RICHMOND

Surely we would be setting up an account with ME Bank for people to use who don't have a credit card a debit mastercard wouldn't we?
Just that I noticed some people on OER who weren't able to because they don't have access to a credit card.

I'm happy to donate money if it will help the board 'help themselves'... i'd like to see a transformation that will allow them to make sound investments that create stable revenue streams over time... sure you can point to Collingwood spending more, but they don't get the bulk of that money from their supporters, it's from their sound business investments :thumbsu:

I'm happy to donate money if it will help the board 'help themselves'... i'd like to see a transformation that will allow them to make sound investments that create stable revenue streams over time... sure you can point to Collingwood spending more, but they don't get the bulk of that money from their supporters, it's from their sound business investments :thumbsu:

Agreed. As soon as we get this $6m we should buy at least 3 boganville pubs. At top dollar, preferably.

im sick of hearing people jump on the radio and this board and have a sook about the debt

seriously everyone on this board including myself have cracked it at how bad we have played during games ect... now we can help turn that around and we still complain

how about everyone on this board instead of buying take away during the week go home and eat a sandwich and donate the $10 you would have spent on takeaway to the club...

i can understand people saying "why should we put money in, when the players ect arnt" well in time i believe players will put money in

i myself will be donating a minimum of $100 to the club but id love to give more... i understand not everyone can afford it but lets try and help out in other ways by trying to get other ppl who arnt members to join

lets just be thankful that the club finally wants to try and turn this around rather than just let it keep building like it has over the years

in a few years time when we are playing good footy we will all be saying "MONEY WELL SPENT"

As much as I'm no fan of Wallace, after listening to Wallace on SEN describe our situation money wise and staff wise of recent years. It's bewildering how we have kept any decent player on our list.

How much money did Wallace earn in his 5 year contract at Richmond?

And yet he has the nerve to go on radio and talk about how poorly funded we were yet he was the leech who was taking most of it with his ridiculous contract.

How much money did Wallace earn in his 5 year contract at Richmond?

And yet he has the nerve to go on radio and talk about how poorly funded we were yet he was the leech who was taking most of it with his ridiculous contract.

No doubt he was on good coin but so too are all other coaches. I wouldn't have thought he was on my wage for a 5 year period, but to not have development staff, recruiting officers, and others at a national sporting club is just bewildering in the modern day. And for him to say nothing had changed since 1987 or what ever it was, a lot of past people that ran that club should hang their head in shame.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Putting the Rich back into Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back