Game Day QF.2 Port Adealide vs Geelong, Thursday Sept 5 2024 @ AO 7:40pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atkins to reprise his form V Power from last season and Bruhn and Bowes to step up bigly in the middle in support of Danger and Blitz.......
Houston and Farrell are massive outs , Dixon is questionable plus the have our 3 rejects - we are definitely a chance !!
I was just going post the same points re atkins (I think it was 2022) and our 3 former players. Been a lot of negative talk about our squad this week. But it has 21 premiership players. A lot more than other contenders. Only 2 years ago we didn’t just sneak a flag, we won 16 in a row including smashing bris and swans in finals. 15 prem players likely tonight. Add to that list of prem players a rising star winner, Holmes, o Henry, bruhn, mannagh, Bowes and now humphries and we can still get it done. Zuthrie has learnt the Stewart role and a team effort in the middle can limit the damage. At either end we have them more than covered. TA was asked preseason his expectations for 2024. He said I expect to make the GF and I expect to win it…. cmon you cats 💪

Someone needs to give this song to Jack Henry and Tom Atkins... for their task on Dixon and JHF

Give them the sub-titles too.

Yeah, dems the breaks, but why broadcast it. Could have been a last minute flare up.
I'll take whatever psychological advantage we can gain while Port do a last minute reset.

Exactly

We just need to look at how we've handled things over recent years to know that if a player is under an injury cloud, that we're more likely to name them than not, and give them until the last minute to prove their fitness rather than ruling them out a day ahead of time

Been a good 2 decades though so I’m pretty zen about it. Snagging that ‘22 flag really changes my outlook on finals with this current team. Zero pressure, all upside.
I'm with you. I would love to steal a flag though. Like doggies in 16 type thing. I never expected 22 but as the year progressed it would've been a huge disappointment if we didn't win it.

Give me a flag out of the box, one against the odds we didn't expect!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id play Blitz in the Stew role as the big body at the stoppage that drops behind the footy and use SDK in defence, if he picks Mullin we may aswell prepare for Hawks or Dogs now.

Exactly

We just need to look at how we've handled things over recent years to know that if a player is under an injury cloud, that we're more likely to name them than not, and give them until the last minute to prove their fitness rather than ruling them out a day ahead of time

Agree! Cat and mouse, that's us. Especially finals, why would we signal them early. It's disappointing for the supporters, but no shock to Scott- you can bet the players are in the know and systems prepared.
It's only the betting markets that bitch about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back