Game Day QF: Demons v Swans - 2 Sep 2022 - 7:50pm - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I am the head of the AFL integrity department
Would pay to watch you on the job. Certainly give a few other AFL figures / umpires something to think about.

Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Lets just pray that the umpires give us a fair run. Otherwise I don't think my throat will stand up to the abuse I dish out.

I was yelling at the footy once and I’ve got a really loud yell on me. My voice broke and I went high pitched.

The whole bay paused then laughed in unison.

Anyway hope I can hear you in the broadcast. Give it your all.

Ominous looking clouds about but suns breaking through a bit now. seems like it'll hold. maybe if it does end up raining it'll be done before the game starts.

Amartey bringing the ball to ground and not losing marking contests went a lonh way to beating Melbourne last time. I hope Logan can match them in the air. Their defenders cant defend the ground ball.

Might get to share some cheese and wine

I'm sure there will be some form of whine.
I'm soo proud of the lads for making it this far. Soo freaking proud.

Also lowkey happy a Swans final is in Melbourne for the Swans Melb based supporters since not everyone can attend the GF but they have an opportunity to attend this game. I want to hear the SYDNEEEEEYYY chant all game long!!!

You aren't the only one to low-key wish hanners had a good game to make sure sydney plays at the mcg today.

Just drove to the city an it rained the whole way, I have no idea what’s gonna happen tonight

Hasn't rained in the cbd yet, sun's out at spencer st, looks like it won't rain now, although it looked like there would be a short shower around lunch time, it held up and moved away.

We need error free games from the likes of Stephens, McInerney, Lloyd, etc - the bottom end of the team.

Stephens in particular makes me very nervous, but we'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to keep the Dees in check early. Let them kick 6 goals in the first quarter last time.

Gawn surely can't play the same game this time around. He kicked 3 by half time.

AMARTEY was pretty good that night. Good to see him at least be sub.

Buddy will be an upgrade on Amerty as long as Bud plays high half forward and Logan is at FF.

Papley loves the G and big games.

Excited but nervous.

Just want it to start already

Last edited:
Got to keep the Dees in check early. Let them kick 6 goals in the first quarter last time.

Gawn surely can't play the same game this time around. He kicked 3 by half time.

Amerty was pretty good that night. Good to see him at least be sub.

Buddy will be an upgrade on Amerty as long as Bud plays high half forward and Logan is at FF.

Papley loves the G and big games.

Excited but nervous.

Just want it to start already

Exactly you dont wanna play catchup against Melbourne go out hard even if we fade out back ourselves to hold a lead if required.

Game day is finally here!! We are on the big stage!! First big final in Melbourne for what seems like an eternity and we are front and centre!!

Cannot wait to see how we bring the heat to these Demons.

I am expecting a close, brutal, high pressure game from both teams but Melbourne will want to stifle our ball movement and running power for longer.

I think we will break shackles in 2nd half and will be enough for a close win!!

As long as May and Gawn don’t take too many marks from our kicks!!!

Go Swannies!!!!!
Simple strategy for me. DON'T KICK IT WHERE GAWN IS.
We need to be smart with our ball movement and constantly be looking at the short options rather than kicking it down the line.
If that means playing as we did against Freo, so be it. We need to frustrate Melbourne and simply keep it away from their interceptors.

Amartey bringing the ball to ground and not losing marking contests went a lonh way to beating Melbourne last time. I hope Logan can match them in the air. Their defenders cant defend the ground ball.
Spot on. That is why I would have played Amartey. He didn't win marking contests but he didn't lose them because they did not out mark him. May and Petty thrive on that. McDonald just has to compete well in the air and our pressure can take care of their ground ball defense. Kick to the advantage side of our forwards at all times and their defense could be under immense pressure. We get a lot of repeat entries so be efficient and accurate and we could win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back