Preview Qualifying Final - Hawks vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hows Cheney and Gilhams form been at BH? I would have one of these two coming in to cover Goos spot....Hodge and Whitey looked proppy for a while in the last term, not sure how bad as they both came back on and played out the game..
Not sure about Cyril being the Sub??

Hows Cheney and Gilhams form been at BH? I would have one of these two coming in to cover Goos spot....Hodge and Whitey looked proppy for a while in the last term, not sure how bad as they both came back on and played out the game..
Obviously just wanted to have game time before the finals but without the risk of an injury

Alternatively, Savage could be brought back as the sub, with Cyril going into the game as a part-time midfielder cum half-forward, with Burgoyne pushed back into defence to cover Guerra's loss.

The stakes are big for the likes of Ellis, Savage, Bateman, Cheney, and Murphy tomorrow at Sandringham. Big audition for a spot in a qualifying final team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will need to be switched on from the start for this game. Just like last year, the Qualifying Final is the most important game of the season as it pretty much decides the premiers. Win it, and we'll be cherry ripe for the PF. Lose it, and we have 3 more tough games in a row to play. Don't even want to think about that. MUST WIN next week. Whatever it takes, we must get our arses over the line at game's end.

Hopefully, only casualty from tonight is Goo, but it could have been much worse. Fingers crossed only one change needed for next week and we can freshen up pretty quick. Ellis most logical in, but a big game from Cheney tomoz may make the decision a tough one, because of the role he can play.

I think you have answers your own question. If our mids are struggling (tired/injured), bring in another versatile midfielder who has class, which will be Ellis, if only his body / fitness is right. The game is one and lost in the middle.

G

Goo is definitely out!
Do we make a decision now and rest (late injury) Ellis from box hill so that nothing happens to him?

I think Ellis needs as much match fitness as possible at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back