Preview Qualifying Final - Hawks vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The handball to Hurn(?) in the last quarter, after we'd worked so hard to clear the defensive 50 was not his best moment.

Still, he'll learn. He keeps running & helping out.

To be fair he looked buggered at that stage, as did a lot of the other blokes the in the last QTR.

I would love to play the Eagles again next week if possible, so I hope the Scum pull off an upset against the Pies. We have the Eagles measure, and some. Last night's game was done and dusted about 20 mins in the first. It was high intencity match practice after that. The only downer was Goo getting injured.

To be fair he looked buggered at that stage, as did a lot of the other blokes the in the last QTR.
Absolutely. This is what finals football is all about.

As I wrote, he'll learn. And I think he's learnt a lot this year.

Yeah I'll be very very quietly barracking for the bombers tonight, if they can do Collingwood, we could end up with WC again and then hopefully Adelaide at the G in a Prelim. That said, we are the best team in the comp so we'll take on anyone and hopefully come out on top.

Sucks that they're not showing the Box Hill final on ABC. I imagine the performances of Cheney, Murphy, Ellis and Savage will determine who replaces goo.

It depends on what we want to do tactically.
- If we want to directly replace Guerra's role then I'd go with Cheney.
- If we want a classy, versatile player, then Ellis.
-If we want to send Hodge back and bring in another speedster then Savage.

I think Savage could be the best option, particularly against the pies - as he usually plays a good game against them and the more fast players we have who can go with their spread, the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling it will be Ellis, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it was Cheney or Savage. Ellis is quite versatile so he's great option as a sub.

Who will be sub? - personally I'd like to see Savage.

Also what was up with Gunston was he injured when he got subbed? So will he be available- I haven't listened to or read any media since going to game last night.

I'd like to see Hodge and Bruger rotating in back. time will tell.

Bring on Finals - this is greatness!

Out: Guerra
In: Ellis

Sub: Ellis/Smith

Need to blow whoever it away is early. then by half time then they'll start conserving for their next weeks final
This will be key. Get a decent lead by half time and then the opposition will have to make a very important strategic decision; Give it all hoping they can come back and win and then have the week off to recover, but risk not being able to run out the next week in a Semi if it doesn't pay off. Alternatively they could go into self-preservation mode and hope they can do the above to the team they play in the Semi and recover their GF chances in the other Prelim.

But then it's difficult to see any team/player not giving it their all in any finals game. Nevertheless, still good to get off to good start and control the game!

Who will be sub? - personally I'd like to see Savage.

Also what was up with Gunston was he injured when he got subbed? So will he be available- I haven't listened to or read any media since going to game last night.

I'd like to see Hodge and Bruger rotating in back. time will tell.

Bring on Finals - this is greatness!

Gunston rolled his ankle and Doc Larkins reckons he will be in doubt for next week but Larkins usually just guesses in these situations. I'm pretty confident he will be fine and come up well from it.

I think Ellis, although i dont mind Cheney. Savage probably makes the best sub option however.
Whats the form of Gilham and Tom Murphy like? they might be an option against a bigger forward line.

The best replacement for Guerra is already in the team.
Bring in Savage for toe and can goalsneak, Puopolo plays the Guerra role due to attack on the footy and can negate a small forward. Hodge and Burgoyne will both be rotating in sweeper role.

This is on AFL page now re Goo; no more games for him this year, heart breaking..:(

HAWTHORN defender Brent Guerra is set to miss the entire AFL finals series, scans are believed to have revealed.

Scans on the hamstring Guerra injured in the final quarter of Hawthorn's 25-point victory over West Coast were taken on Saturday morning, showing the 30-year-old has a high-grade tear.

Leading medico Dr Peter Larkins told 3AW the injury is likely to sideline Guerra for 4-6 weeks, ending his season.

Bring in Savage for toe and can goalsneak, Puopolo plays the Guerra role due to attack on the footy and can negate a small forward. Hodge and Burgoyne will both be rotating in sweeper role.
Could work, nice idea.

This is a tough one!
When Goo went down my first thought was - like for like - get Cheney in there. He is tough, gives the opposition no easy kicks and is as hard as a cats head.
Then I thought we have Poppy creating havoc in the fwd line, but he could be just as effective in the backline and we could bring in Savage.
Then there is the school of thought that suggests dropping Hodge back and bringing Ellis into the mix. And what about Murphy or Gilham who have done little wrong and are both skilled defenders.
At the end of the day, it is just brilliant to have so many options as the finals beckon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back