Preview Qualifying Final - Hawks vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came home thinking Smith didn't have a great game.
I just checked his stats and he had 18 at 78% efficiency.:eek:
Maybe its just that his howlers really stand out.

Gunston copped an ankle injury, hopefully just a twisted ankle or something like that, he came on for 10-15 minutes after it happened so the substitution may have been a precautionary thing. Doc Larkins reckons he will miss next week but I reckon no-one should listen to Doc Larkins.

Alternatively, Savage could be brought back as the sub, with Cyril going into the game as a part-time midfielder cum half-forward, with Burgoyne pushed back into defence to cover Guerra's loss.

The stakes are big for the likes of Ellis, Savage, Bateman, Cheney, and Murphy tomorrow at Sandringham. Big audition for a spot in a qualifying final team.

Sorry, still havent forgotten lasts year. It would be shattering to see Bateman in the team ahead of Savage or Ellis.

Any news on our injuries to come out of last night game?...Jack, Hodge and Whitey are the ones that i noticed apart from Goo..Also Bruest has ice on his right knee in the change rooms after the game....

Four ready fit players that can come straight in are Gilham, Ellis, Savage, Murphy.. Oh sorry there is a 5th one Bailey...oh sorry there is a 6th one Cheney....
That's 6 players that didn't make our best 22 for last night game but in any other side would fit right in..
We do have some pretty good depth...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also Changa would make a good sub.

out of left field. Hill wanga or Frank ?

Seriously good depth - compare to our emergencies for 2008 GF (murphy was one)
Enjoy your arvo in sandy Clarko

I came home thinking Smith didn't have a great game.
I just checked his stats and he had 18 at 78% efficiency.:eek:
Maybe its just that his howlers really stand out.
The handball to Hurn(?) in the last quarter, after we'd worked so hard to clear the defensive 50 was not his best moment.

Still, he'll learn. He keeps running & helping out.

The handball to Hurn(?) in the last quarter, after we'd worked so hard to clear the defensive 50 was not his best moment.

Still, he'll learn. He keeps running & helping out.
To be honest, it was pretty funny.

Out: Goo (injured)
Smith (omitted)

In: Ellis
One of Cheney, Savage or Murphy

If its Savage Hodge and Burgoyne to go into the backline.

Out: Guerra

I know Clarko has talked up how great this preparation has been for the finals, but I am a little concerned the guys will be completely exhausted after the last two games. We saw earlier in the year when we play convective tough games we ran out of legs.

Anyway I still back us to beat who we face, so we should hopefully get a week off that will help a lot.

Out: burgoyne

I know Clarko has talked up how great this preparation has been for the finals, but I am a little concerned the guys will be completely exhausted after the last two games. We saw earlier in the year when we play convective tough games we ran out of legs.

Anyway I still back us to beat who we face, so we should hopefully get a week off that will help a lot.
Guerra?

Plus they can have a rest after beating the Pies.

Like for like I think Cheney is the best cover for Guerra, though Im not sure how his form has been at Box Hill. I have loved seeing Burgoyne with more midfield time recently, sending him back to cover Goo works, but takes from our midfield strength.

Any idea when we might be playing next week I'm trying to book flights as early as possible....I'm assuming it will be either Friday night or Saturday Arvo considering we will probably be playing the pies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back