Preview Qualifying Final - Hawks vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at our last match against the Pies and realised we had both Cheney and Murphy in that team and were missing Goo in that match too. I wonder if that will have a bearing on the selection.

Hi all,

My weekly match preview is now up on the official Collingwood website. They are a bit more Collingwood focussed than in the past since i've been putting them up on the club website, but hopefully you still get some enjoyment out of it (provided you are willing to venture into enemy territory on the collingwood website)

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/146937/default.aspx

Mods, if you wish to paste in full please do so, I'm doing this on my phone and its too hard to paste.

Hi all,

My weekly match preview is now up on the official Collingwood website. They are a bit more Collingwood focussed than in the past since i've been putting them up on the club website, but hopefully you still get some enjoyment out of it (provided you are willing to venture into enemy territory on the collingwood website)

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/146937/default.aspx

Mods, if you wish to paste in full please do so, I'm doing this on my phone and its too hard to paste.

Great write up DaVe86. I think you've got the match-ups pretty much spot on, except for a few too many negating roles in the midfield. Pies have already said they won't be tagging any hawks mids. I think Shiels to Beams or Pendles will be the only tagging role.

On paper you're backs to do suit our forwards very well. Not many teams have a third defensive tall of the quality of Reid to oppose Gunston. Still paper and reality and different things.

I'm expecting a closer game then most. Hope the Hawks can win it.

Pies fans in full voice on their board, very confident of the win over there, I don't think I will venture over for another read any time soon

Pies fans in full voice on their board, very confident of the win over there, I don't think I will venture over for another read any time soon

Confident? I think we are just trying to build up some confidence for the game, rather being actually confident we will win.

We are all aware Hawthorn had our measure in the two earlier games.

Confident? I think we are just trying to build up some confidence for the game, rather being actually confident we will win.

We are all aware Hawthorn had our measure in the two earlier games.

Why wouldn't you be confident, past results mean squat
I personally like the full steam ahead thread you guys have over there, although it gives me the jitters !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

Great work as per usual Dave.

A question for you guys that get to the G more than me, what does the wind do at ground level at the G, will it effect disposal greatly?

the wind tends to swirl and not advantage either team, it can get a little unpredictable but the stands ensure that it's not as strong at ground level.

Why am I feeling so worried now that finals are here?

I'm with you and it's refreshing to see some posts noting that it's not going to be the walk over rather than some of the more outlandish claims that have been made over the last few days. I have no doubt that clarko would be making a point of what happens when you don't go in with the right mind set.

I wish
I stupidly turned down a ticket for the big dance in 08 , hope I get another chance !!
someone better have been getting married or died, what did you pass it up for?

Haha, first date with my lovely , now pregnant, partner
She says now I'm an idiot for not taking the ticket !!!

Good on you Glacier - my daughter has her second date on Friday night and suggested to him that they go to a pub somewhere so that she can watch the game. Talk about winning brownie points for future football related events even if he is an eagle supporter.o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back