Preview Qualifying Final - Hawks vs West Coast - Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice analogy but i see your Lake and raise you a skiing Coleman Medallist , Kennedy is known as the skier in the Excers team so if he has his skis on he will water ski all over Lake and have fun while doing it
Oh, so he's not the down-hill variety then? i was confused there for a bit. ;)
Hope his elbow holds up ok. The Lake might have a few submerged snags in it so i hope Mr Kennedy is careful.

Friday 11 September
Summary
showers.png

Min 12
Max 21
Showers increasing.
Possible rainfall: 4 to 10 mm
Chance of any rain: 100%
rain_100.gif

Perth area
Partly cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h.

There'll be plenty of congestion. Not to worried about Nic Nat - Mitch, Lewis, Langers, Hodge, Rough, Burgs, Rioli all good at stoppages. Poppy will excel & Bruest just needs to be clean with his touches.

We are a good wet weather footy team - just hope the wind isn't to brutal.

Friday 11 September
Summary
showers.png

Min 12
Max 21
Showers increasing.
Possible rainfall: 4 to 10 mm
Chance of any rain: 100%
rain_100.gif

Perth area
Partly cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds northwesterly 25 to 40 km/h.

There'll be plenty of congestion. Not to worried about Nic Nat - Mitch, Lewis, Langers, Hodge, Rough, Burgs, Rioli all good at stoppages. Poppy will excel & Bruest just needs to be clean with his touches.

We are a good wet weather footy team - just hope the wind isn't to brutal.
Wet weather footy suits hardened, bigger bodies. Remember they've got Xavier Ellis.

Any word on Isaac's fitness test?
Had a private one yesterday, performed well and is progressing much better than anticipated. Flew across with the first group and will under go another fitness test today (and probably tomorrow morning too) to see if he plays. Won't be risked if not 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That weather outlook will likely help sway the final decision on Smith imo, if it's going to be wet any potential influence from his line breaking and running will be reduced, I can't see him playing based on this, I would bite the bullet and go with Hartung, the wet will really bring out the contested footy and we have more then a few who can play that game, I actually feel like this weather will play into our hands, also will be interesting to see how Nic Nac goes in the wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice analogy but i see your Lake and raise you a skiing Coleman Medallist , Kennedy is known as the skier in the Excers team so if he has his skis on he will water ski all over Lake and have fun while doing it

Forget a nickname like 'Lethal' or 'Plugger', ladies and gentleman we have..... the DOWNHILL 'SKIER'.

Makes sense though, he only kicks bags against the bottom sides.

That weather outlook will likely help sway the final decision on Smith imo, if it's going to be wet any potential influence from his line breaking and running will be reduced, I can't see him playing based on this, I would bite the bullet and go with Hartung, the wet will really bring out the contested footy and we have more then a few who can play that game, I actually feel like this weather will play into our hands, also will be interesting to see how Nic Nac goes in the wet?

With all due respect this is rubbish. If Smith is fit he plays, if not he doesn't. Weather is irrelevant to his selection. Hale on the other hand....

Lol there is a "everybody boo hodge" thread up on the Eagles board, something about not condoning drink driving, pingas, lines of coke and the OD are fine though

With all due respect this is rubbish. If Smith is fit he plays, if not he doesn't. Weather is irrelevant to his selection. Hale on the other hand....

So you don't think that they will take the inclement weather into consideration if it comes down to a line call on his fitness? I would be pretty certain that if he is ok he is going to be line ball, he has looked pretty proppy throughout the week and for an outside running player, who might be line ball, wet conditions (where the outside game is not going to be as important) would certainly be a factor imo,

WHO'S MISSING?

Hawthorn: The Hawks will welcome back suspended skipper Luke Hodge after serving a two-week ban for his bump on Chad Wingard. Hawthorn is otherwise near full strength, with Isaac Smith the main concern after a knee injury suffered in Saturday night's win over Carlton.

West Coast: The Eagles will be sweating on the fitness of key defender Will Schofield, who has missed the past three games with a hamstring injury. Midfielder Chris Masten will miss with a low-level hamstring injury while Jeremy McGovern (shoulder) wasn't at his best against the Saints.

So you don't think that they will take the inclement weather into consideration if it comes down to a line call on his fitness? I would be pretty certain that if he is ok he is going to be line ball, he has looked pretty proppy throughout the week and for an outside running player, who might be line ball, wet conditions (where the outside game is not going to be as important) would certainly be a factor imo,

Not a chance. There's no such thing as line ball. If there is a risk, he doesn't play. If he's good to go he plays. It really is that simple, weather will play zero part in his selection. Agreed that his likely impact on the game may be reduced in wet conditions but the same could be said of many others. Look at it this way, a fit Smith is comfortably better than a fit Hartung in all conditions.

Booo

No it's more about him being a sniper than a drink driver.

Meh, thing is though that you rednecks boo anything and everything over there so it's hard to know what you are on about, if you think that a player like Hodge is going to give a flying f**k about it though, you guys are dumber then you appear, boo on though my primitive western friend

Lol there is a "everybody boo hodge" thread up on the Eagles board, something about not condoning drink driving, pingas, lines of coke and the OD are fine though

Just popped over to have a read. Good for a laugh..
Just one thing I don't understand about W.A. I thought that they were only 2 hours (3 in summer) behind the eastcoast..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back