Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3 talls and Parker is slow inside 50

Parkers form is better than amarty

Amartey gets wrapped in cotton wool because he's so important and offers something no one else on the list can.

Might be surprising but it's happened time and time again this season so I'd expect Amartey playing well goes a long way to us having a sniff

Amartey gets wrapped in cotton wool because he's so important and offers something no one else on the list can.

Might be surprising but it's happened time and time again this season so I'd expect Amartey playing well goes a long way to us having a sniff

That is fair too, He also does draw a key defender usually the number one.

I'm picking what I think is the best team, not necessarily just the best 22/23 players we have on our list.

In: McCartin Heeney Papley/JMac
Out: Francis Adams Cleary

FB: Cunningham McCartin Mills
HB: Roberts Melican Blakey
C: Gulden Warner Florent
HF: Campbell McDonald Hayward
FF: Parker McLean Amartey
R: Grundy Rowbottom Heeney
Int: Rampe Jordon Lloyd Papley/JMac
Sub: Fox

E: Ladhams Adams Cleary

Yeah yeah Adams and yeah yeah Horse won't do it, I know. The likelihood though is with Heeney back, as well as both Warner and Parker in the team, his midfield minutes drop significantly, and he's not in the best half forward/forward candidates we have. Unlucky, but that's what I'd do. Mills is definitely getting touch back, Parker has had more CBs in recent weeks (than Adams) and we have Jordon who can rotate in to tag someone, we have midfield cover.

If Campbell were to miss, it'd be to retain Cleary, or at worst, Florent would have to play as the pressure forward. The role is non negotiable.

I don't like Robbie as sub, but would have Campbell at half forward and Mills in defence, so he's there for versatility and given we've had all of our KPDs go down at some point.

Only one of Papley or Jmac back in for me, not bringing both back after injury in the same final. Whichever we're most confident on. There's different shuffling you can do depending on which.

If it's wet, Amartey out, Adams stays.
Not a lot to argue with there. My main concern with both Paps and Juzzy is their lateral agility. I want both of them tested really hard and early enough so that their alternate is bedded in. I would be prepared to play both of them but would choose a sub accordingly, probably Campbell whose place Juzzy would take.
Assume JJ on Whitfield again.
Need Blakey to be accountable.

How quickly are we predicting this will sell out? While I am scheduled to have some release time when they go on sale, if the last few weeks are anything to go by I’ll be teaching or on yard duty for the duration of the on sale period with the exception of the last half an hour.

How bloody long do they get lunch breaks now? thought it was max 30mins lol

Surely it wont sell out in the member pre-sale.

I thought it was more David Attenborough - but Morgan isn’t a bad option either.

Attenborough would declare that “The Heeney is equally at home in the centre or forward line, where it finds plenty of Sherrin to delight its supporters”.
Post of the month! Love Attenborough and you nailed him.

We will piss this in
oh yeah smile GIF by Collider

This looks like a very winnable final for us but I wonder how heavily our failure to beat GWS in a final will weigh on the group going into this game. The 2021 loss still hurts and I'm sure it will be on Heeney's mind too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This looks like a very winnable final for us but I wonder how heavily our failure to beat GWS in a final will weigh on the group going into this game. The 2021 loss still hurts and I'm sure it will be on Heeney's mind too.
I'd be looking at the 2021 final and whoever had high tackles, pressure acts, clearances and contested possessions, would be given a crucial role in midfield.

Oh.

Quietly confident about this game. I haven't been overly impressed by the 2 GWS games I've seen the past couple of weeks. Particularly yesterday, they were reactive and lacked fluency. We've also shown twice this year that we're a comfortably better team than them.

If we can minimise the impact Hogan, Greene and Daniels, I think they will lack potency up forward. Jones and Cadman are impressive, but they're kids and it will be their first final.

Briggs is struggling with fitness more than Grundy and his shoulder seems to be hanging by a thread (Grundy also matches up against him very well). Green's impact has diminished a bit from where he was at at the start of the season, I'd have Rowbottom go one-on-one with him and just try to break even there. If he can do that, we should win the midfield battle with our speed.

With Parker down there and a solid 2 week break for Hayward, we'll have plenty of threats up forward, which should hopefully quell the influence of their marking and rebounding defenders.

I know that they've got the wood over us in finals, but feel like we match-up really well and we should win this reasonably comfortably IF we're anywhere near our best.

Quietly confident about this game. I haven't been overly impressed by the 2 GWS games I've seen the past couple of weeks. Particularly yesterday, they were reactive and lacked fluency. We've also shown twice this year that we're a comfortably better team than them.

If we can minimise the impact Hogan, Greene and Daniels, I think they will lack potency up forward. Jones and Cadman are impressive, but they're kids and it will be their first final.

Briggs is struggling with fitness more than Grundy and his shoulder seems to be hanging by a thread (Grundy also matches up against him very well). Green's impact has diminished a bit from where he was at at the start of the season, I'd have Rowbottom go one-on-one with him and just try to break even there. If he can do that, we should win the midfield battle with our speed.

With Parker down there and a solid 2 week break for Hayward, we'll have plenty of threats up forward, which should hopefully quell the influence of their marking and rebounding defenders.

I know that they've got the wood over us in finals, but feel like we match-up really well and we should win this reasonably comfortably IF we're anywhere near our best.
I guess now I'm loudly confident about this game.

I think we're a better team than them too but we were on paper in 2021 too... that's the mindset this team needs to avoid.

That said, I believe that if we play at our best we will win.

I thought it was more David Attenborough - but Morgan isn’t a bad option either.

Attenborough would declare that “The Heeney is equally at home in the centre or forward line, where it finds plenty of Sherrin to delight its supporters”.
It leaps into the air with the grace of a bounding gazelle before devouring it's leather bound prey with the speed and ferocity of a hungry leopard.

I'll see myself out to the AFL nuffies page

I’m expecting we bring the manic pressure out the gate.

I’m also nearly 100% convinced we are seeing a new level of peak fitness. No one aside from Grundy looked tired and we’ve run out games better every week.

GWS look the exact opposite and whilst the rest is good for them too, they are off their streak and could easily be on the way to being in a rut. Seems to be the way this season.

Think our lads would also believe they have their measure.

Up there for Sydney, show us your might, the spirit of Cazaly, the red and the white. Up there for Sydney, Sydney cmon, high flying red bloods cos we’re the Sydney Swans.

We’re the Sydney Swaaaaans.

Can Parker teach the 3 tall forwards how to be a consistent kick at a set shot? The 3 talls need to take every opportunity they get when its their time to go.
They are soooo frustrating. There's no pattern to their goalkicking at all.

They'll nail a set shot and then just inexplicably miss another similar one not long after. Even when they are having an inaccurate day they'll just randomly put one through and it's like WHY COULDN'T YOU DO THAT BEFORE?

They are soooo frustrating. There's no pattern to their goalkicking at all.

They'll nail a set shot and then just inexplicably miss another similar one not long after. Even when they are having an inaccurate day they'll just randomly put one through and it's like WHY COULDN'T YOU DO THAT BEFORE?
Exactly. Literally every shot with the 3 is a 50/50 because there is just zero consistency game to game.

Could possibly cost us in a big final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back