Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aghhh one of the best places on Earth vs the Swans in finals, life's choices hey?

face crying GIF

In all seriousness, have a good time!

I'll have a LOT less of that after I have to pay for this trip...and then the potential GF lol don't remind me

The 3 talls and Parker is slow inside 50

Parkers form is better than amarty
Agree. We can't afford to have all 4 inside 50 at the same time in a final. One of the big 3 either needs to be chopping out in the ruck or on the bench? my ideal forward line is 2 of the big 3 plus paps, parker, hayward and campbell or cleary.

You want dewy conditions in Sydney…and it gets worse the later games start. Suits our run style the more during the day it is. Plus think of me lol I can’t watch it on a Friday as I’m travelling lmao

I dgaf about you in relation to our fixture 😂.

I want consistency in the competition fixturing

If we win it makes no difference as we won't be playing the following week anyway.

Yes obviously, but if we lose we get no extra break on the opponent, but the loser of the lower qualifying final does.

It's just a small thing, but If it were the Pies or someone it would be a big deal.

I dgaf about you in relation to our fixture 😂.

I want consistency in the competition fixturing

Jeez thanks by the way love ya too Kingy

I don't have an issue with the schedule, every year clubs whinge, I want this, I want that. If we win (and we should jeez) we have the easier and nicer turnaround to the GF. So you either get the advantage week 1 or week 3, which one do you want? I know which one I want.

Jeez thanks by the way love ya too Kingy

I don't have an issue with the schedule, every year clubs whinge, I want this, I want that. If we win (and we should jeez) we have the easier and nicer turnaround to the GF. So you either get the advantage week 1 or week 3, which one do you want? I know which one I want.

I want the advantage in all 4 weeks for being the best side.

That's all :p

I can't lie, I read this as "potential girlfriend" and thought yep, that'll smash the hip pocket.

Can only laugh I guess. The flights were bad enough I don't even want to know the bill for the rest

I'm picking what I think is the best team, not necessarily just the best 22/23 players we have on our list.

In: McCartin Heeney Papley/JMac
Out: Francis Adams Cleary

FB: Cunningham McCartin Mills
HB: Roberts Melican Blakey
C: Gulden Warner Florent
HF: Campbell McDonald Hayward
FF: Parker McLean Amartey
R: Grundy Rowbottom Heeney
Int: Rampe Jordon Lloyd Papley/JMac
Sub: Fox

E: Ladhams Adams Cleary

Yeah yeah Adams and yeah yeah Horse won't do it, I know. The likelihood though is with Heeney back, as well as both Warner and Parker in the team, his midfield minutes drop significantly, and he's not in the best half forward/forward candidates we have. Unlucky, but that's what I'd do. Mills is definitely getting touch back, Parker has had more CBs in recent weeks (than Adams) and we have Jordon who can rotate in to tag someone, we have midfield cover.

If Campbell were to miss, it'd be to retain Cleary, or at worst, Florent would have to play as the pressure forward. The role is non negotiable.

I don't like Robbie as sub, but would have Campbell at half forward and Mills in defence, so he's there for versatility and given we've had all of our KPDs go down at some point.

Only one of Papley or Jmac back in for me, not bringing both back after injury in the same final. Whichever we're most confident on. There's different shuffling you can do depending on which.

If it's wet, Amartey out, Adams stays.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How quickly are we predicting this will sell out? While I am scheduled to have some release time when they go on sale, if the last few weeks are anything to go by I’ll be teaching or on yard duty for the duration of the on sale period with the exception of the last half an hour.
Message me if you need help mate.

GWS rested players and so did we. A bit frustrating to draw them first up vs say Geelong but here we are.

It just means we need to go all out, even at risk of injury to better safeguard a passage through to the GF.

To that end, I would only pick really fit players. GWS are fast, very fast and we can’t afford any passengers as the way to beat them is to out pressure them.

Personally don’t think J Mac will get up for this but I hope he does - only if he is back to 100% pace.

Think GWS carrying some sore bodies so we should be all over them.

History 0-3 means nothing but recent form does. Seems we know how to beat them this year.

They are a very accurate kicking team so need to make sure their marks are near the boundary lines etc.

Mills in defence has made us look so much better in so many ways.

Show it to ‘em Sydney, show ‘em you’re the Swans. Show ‘em you’re the winners, get up where you belong.

You show ‘em Sydney.
Most of the GWS players simply weren't fit. They actually had to fly a player down because a player was ill and couldn't take the field against the Dogs. This week off is really going to benefit them, they need the break.

How quickly are we predicting this will sell out? While I am scheduled to have some release time when they go on sale, if the last few weeks are anything to go by I’ll be teaching or on yard duty for the duration of the on sale period with the exception of the last half an hour.

You can come to my house and watch it

Bring beer

I'm picking what I think is the best team, not necessarily just the best 22/23 players we have on our list.

In: McCartin Heeney Papley/JMac
Out: Francis Adams Cleary

FB: Cunningham McCartin Mills
HB: Roberts Melican Blakey
C: Gulden Warner Florent
HF: Campbell McDonald Hayward
FF: Parker McLean Amartey
R: Grundy Rowbottom Heeney
Int: Rampe Jordon Lloyd Papley/JMac
Sub: Fox

E: Ladhams Adams Cleary

Yeah yeah Adams and yeah yeah Horse won't do it, I know. The likelihood though is with Heeney back, as well as both Warner and Parker in the team, his midfield minutes drop significantly, and he's not in the best half forward/forward candidates we have. Unlucky, but that's what I'd do. Mills is definitely getting touch back, Parker has had more CBs in recent weeks (than Adams) and we have Jordon who can rotate in to tag someone, we have midfield cover.

If Campbell were to miss, it'd be to retain Cleary, or at worst, Florent would have to play as the pressure forward. The role is non negotiable.

I don't like Robbie as sub, but would have Campbell at half forward and Mills in defence, so he's there for versatility and given we've had all of our KPDs go down at some point.

Only one of Papley or Jmac back in for me, not bringing both back after injury in the same final. Whichever we're most confident on. There's different shuffling you can do depending on which.

If it's wet, Amartey out, Adams stays.
Many times this season we speculated that Horse would leave out a tall if it was wet.

He never did.

Many times this season we speculated that Horse would leave out a tall if it was wet.

He never did.

Why did I read that in Morgan Freeman's voice

Bullshit scheduling. The Qualifying Finals should be Thursday and Friday night. To have one Qualifying Final on Thursday and one on Saturday? What a joke.

Why did I read that in Morgan Freeman's voice
I thought it was more David Attenborough - but Morgan isn’t a bad option either.

Attenborough would declare that “The Heeney is equally at home in the centre or forward line, where it finds plenty of Sherrin to delight its supporters”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back