Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

36 photos from that training gallery. 17 of them are of either Tom Papley or Isaac Heeney. Nearly half their photo-taking resources exhausted on two out of our 45 players.

I get it. AFL media only know about five of our players.

Luckily we have our own media team. They will focus on lots of our other players and not just the ones the AFL media care abou- oh.

IMG_3693.jpeg
IMG_3694.jpeg
IMG_3695.jpeg
IMG_3696.jpeg

Well maybe our media team will spotlight some other players during the press conferences or player intervie- oh.

IMG_3697.jpeg
IMG_3698.jpeg
IMG_3699.jpeg
IMG_3700.jpeg

so freo played all of the top 4 outside Sydney in the last 3 weeks. my thoughts are that port are the most dangerous team over gws and geelong.

they were all similar margins. don't get me wrong gws can roll sydney. but they aren't a ferrari. they only beat freo by 2.5 goals with hogan going nuclear. (10 shots on goal, 6 goals). Brent daniels having an all time game. i think he had a player rating of 30 or something ridiculous.

geelong seemed to be slightly more polished, better team defence and patrick dangerfield had an awesome last quarter. however, i think they don't have the midfield talent. justa super professional club which allows you to get more consistent results. which in a season allows you to more likely achieve top 4. but struggle to win a premiership.

port seem to have figured out their team defence and i think freo threw everything at them and couldn't get it done. however, we were outmatched in the midfield talent wise once hayden young got injured and darcy wasn't playing. i think its underrated how deep port midfield is. drew, butters, rozee, JHF, sweet, wines, boak,..etc.

i think sydney are better than the rest of the top 4. simply because i believe if freo had treacy, darcy, healthy cox, pearce we win 2/3 games.
I agree that Sydney are the best of the 4. and 8 too..

36 photos from that training gallery. 17 of them are of either Tom Papley or Isaac Heeney. Nearly half their photo-taking resources exhausted on two out of our 45 players.

I get it. AFL media only know about five of our players.

Luckily we have our own media team. They will focus on lots of our other players and not just the ones the AFL media care abou- oh.

View attachment 2098857
View attachment 2098859
View attachment 2098860
View attachment 2098861

Well maybe our media team will spotlight some other players during the press conferences or player intervie- oh.

View attachment 2098866
View attachment 2098867
View attachment 2098868
View attachment 2098869

I am sure if we lose Rowbottom or Campbell etc can front the media

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Swans bigfooty board had press conferences, social media and open training I suppose I would have to be out there doing all the pics and autographs while you lesser lights do nothing 🤔

If the Swans bigfooty board had press conferences, social media and open training I suppose I would have to be out there doing all the pics and autographs while you lesser lights do nothing
If training is involved, I'd be the guy dry retching on his haunches behind the point post, screaming at the media team that I don't have a favourite colour and to leave me alone.

If training is involved, I'd be the guy dry retching on his haunches behind the point post, screaming at the media team that I don't have a favourite colour and to leave me alone.
I would be out there with a stopwatch timing all the run throughs.

I’d be full of smiles and high 5s for the fast guys and dirty looks for the loafers.

You can’t like everyone, only fast players.

If the Swans bigfooty board had press conferences, social media and open training I suppose I would have to be out there doing all the pics and autographs while you lesser lights do nothing 🤔
You'd be the hype man behind the camera when interviews are being conducted.

Horse would be like "It's obviously going to be a tough game, we are going to have to really stick to what we know best and what works for us," and then we'd hear you in the background, muffled like the journos questions without mics at press conferences, "COME ON HORSE, CHEER UP, WE ARE GONNA PISS THIS IN"

Your man Lloyd?
My man Lloyd.

I just think Horse will want as much of that speed and ball use in the forward 50 that Campbell brings as possible, even if Campbell's output individually is still questionable.

I think the way to keep that sort of player in is for it to be at the expense of one of the plethora of outside/flanker types we'll have in the team - Roberts, Florent, Jordon, McInerney, Lloyd.

McInerney aside, as he's just returning, out of those five I think Lloyd's form of late has been least in-disposable (not to say he's been poor - he'd be extremely stiff.)

I could be wrong of course. I think there have been much worse than Lloyd - Adams, Amartey to name a few. But Horse may find those guys' individual attributes more needed than Lloyd's outside run when we already have so many similar.

Well I hope that the other three games being played this week that they belt the tripe out of each other (especially Dogs v Hawkes ) And we don’t let the Giants get ahead in the first qtr. when we won in 2005, we were beaten by west coast in the first week, and then the best qtr of finals footy EVER the next week in the Semi When Nick Davis came to save us against Geelong. The following week saints were giving it to us the last quarter and then we took control. We won that quarter (and then some) suddenly we were in the Granny. Let’s just hope the “fab 4” are on, and just bust a gut for the red and white. Horrors of the 3 past lost granny’s are forgotten about and rip em all a new one. Make the bloody Victorian media stand up and take notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back