Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the changes will be:

IN - Heeney, McCartin, Papley, McInerney

OUT - Fox, Francis, Cleary, Lloyd
I can see the logic in McInerney for Lloyd but surely you don't think that Horse will actually make that move?

I mean look, if he does it then it would be a brutal, clinical move that says we're gunning for a flag at all costs.

I wouldn't hate it, but man I would be stunned.

I can see the logic in McInerney for Lloyd but surely you don't think that Horse will actually make that move?

I mean look, if he does it then it would be a brutal, clinical move that says we're gunning for a flag at all costs.

I wouldn't hate it, but man I would be stunned.
I'm just guessing really.

Obviously I am a massive Jake Lloyd fan, possibly his biggest on here. I don't even think his performances have been bad at all, I couldn't really find much to fault in what he's done the last few games and I think he's had a good year and contributed a lot to us finishing first, playing great footy earlier on, etc etc.

But there is undoubtedly a selection squeeze right now, and selection squeezes have a funny way of making coaches do the unconventional and unthinkable to get the team and structure and dynamic they want. Like voluntarily leaving one of their favourite players in Luke Parker out of the side, as you and I have discussed all year. I could see a similar scenario happen here, only it's Lloyd's misfortune that it happens in September and not in May or June.

I think it would depend on two things - how much Horse values Campbell's speed and ball use in the front half (he's shown extremely pleasing glimpses of it over the last few games, but enough to convince Horse?) and how much Horse values Lloyd's experience in finals (he's an important leader and organiser even in his new wing role, but it's not like he prevented previous debacles in finals...)

If it was on pure emotion, then obviously he, along with Rampe and Parker, would be first picked.

If he’s in the mood for sharing info, presuming Horse will have his weekly presser tomorrow?

Unless they do some joint thing with GWS

Hi all, I’m a new poster so be kind. Just posting as went to training today and wanted to just give bit of intel. Was a very light training session so can’t read too much into it, but Paps and Juzzy did look good and were up and about running etc.

Most surprising was that Will Hayward was not training and was seen by a few people in his causal clothes. Hopefully he is ok and trains later in the week.

Hi all, I’m a new poster so be kind. Just posting as went to training today and wanted to just give bit of intel. Was a very light training session so can’t read too much into it, but Paps and Juzzy did look good and were up and about running etc.

Most surprising was that Will Hayward was not training and was seen by a few people in his causal clothes. Hopefully he is ok and trains later in the week.
I suspected bone bruising a week ago, and this says nothing different.

It MIGHT be a medial strain, but his willingness to run and chase says it’s an impact injury.

In my humble non-professional but experienced opinion.

Good (albeit slightly worrying) intel.

And did you happen to notice Gus Sheldrick by any chance? Asking for a friend.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the board!

Welcome legend

If everyone is fit then all 4 Heeney Jmac Paps Mccartin are back.

Francis, Fox , Cleary out and one more .

My guess one of Campbell, Adams, Amartey , Lloyd, Cunningham? F knows

Can't see anyone else being dropped , can't really see the last three I listed being dropped.

I wouldn't be upset if we ditched a tall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see anyone else being dropped , can't really see the last three I listed being dropped.

Nice analysis. Sorry to say this but I think Campbell has more upside than Adams.

Personally would drop amartey

Play Parker tall and go quicker with Campbell

Personally would drop amartey

Play Parker tall and go quicker with Campbell

Puts more pressure on Mcdonald maybe but feel like he has been building an Amartey hasn't .

Parker, Hayward even Papley more likely to hold a mark at the moment than Amartey , makes us more unpredictable.

Can still keep Adams who I presume we have been holding a bit for September , Campbell's speeds been handy lately.

But my guess is he ditches Campbell or Adams and makes one of them sub.

No way Amartey or Cunningham get dropped. Horse is using McLean more around the ground so to a certain degree we are playing with two talls, not three. With GWS smalls Harry will be more important than ever.

No way Amartey or Cunningham get dropped. Horse is using McLean more around the ground so to a certain degree we are playing with two talls, not three. With GWS smalls Harry will be more important than ever.

I agree, I was just working backwards, like I said Campbell or Adams are my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back