Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really well not this year .

But are Parker and Hayward more likely to take a mark inside 50 than Amartey?

Oh well glad I don't pick the team
Yep i have an opinion on the Campbell/Adams/Cleary (sub debate) but man it is probably going to split the selection room because they bring different characteristics to the forward line/team versatility

Wonder if they flirt with Amartey out

About as much chance of me winning the next 100m sprint at the Olympics lol

Trust me I'm no Usain Bolt!

Yep, pretty sure most times people think it is VIC bias, it is actually $ bias.

This was a really disrespectful decision to the AFLW, missed an opportunity to grow the game in NSW, and goes against the wishes of the top placed team.

If Channel Seven is incapable of creating intrigue for the top of the table Sydney coming up against their little brother in a finals game, then they should relinquish their AFL TV rights to an organisation that is not so incompetent.
Well kinda.

The MCG has a contract in play as well.

Its why the Dogs are playing are playing the hawks, who finished below them, on the Hawks home ground.

Why don't we just have a set fixture every year say

1v4 Thursday
2v3 friday

etc etc and it's no surprise
Because that would require logic Kingy and that's something the AFL are in incredibly short supply of.

GWS rested players and so did we. A bit frustrating to draw them first up vs say Geelong but here we are.

It just means we need to go all out, even at risk of injury to better safeguard a passage through to the GF.

To that end, I would only pick really fit players. GWS are fast, very fast and we can’t afford any passengers as the way to beat them is to out pressure them.

Personally don’t think J Mac will get up for this but I hope he does - only if he is back to 100% pace.

Think GWS carrying some sore bodies so we should be all over them.

History 0-3 means nothing but recent form does. Seems we know how to beat them this year.

They are a very accurate kicking team so need to make sure their marks are near the boundary lines etc.

Mills in defence has made us look so much better in so many ways.

Show it to ‘em Sydney, show ‘em you’re the Swans. Show ‘em you’re the winners, get up where you belong.

You show ‘em Sydney.

Because that would require logic Kingy and that's something the AFL are in incredibly short supply of.

The current AFL CEO and logic...funny joke, you could go to a comedy show and say one line and walk out

So the loser of Port/Geelong gets an extra day's break over their opponent but we don't?

Make it make sense.

(Or better yet just win so it doesn't matter)

If we are half serious and in fact I'll say this, if we have any aspirations to win (the premiership) it won't make a difference as we are a 3 goal better side than GWS. People get overly worked up on scheduling these aren't 4 day breaks so who really cares

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy LP1. Hopefully the team delivers like it did for me when I was OS at the start of the season.

Thanks on the positive while on safari I don't have to watch the torture of our first quarters that's a positive

Well kinda.

The MCG has a contract in play as well.

Its why the Dogs are playing are playing the hawks, who finished below them, on the Hawks home ground.
I'd be pretty pissed if I were a dogs fan.
But I'm not so I absolutely love it!!!!
Go Hawks!!!

I can't recall the last final at Marvel Stadium. Maybe the Crows v Hawks game where Buddy Franklin won the the Hawks early in his career? Probably should have been at Marvel Stadium. They won't get 90k plus at the MCG I don't think.

Under no circumstances was the only Melbourne final going to be at Marvel. There are contract restrictions too with minimum MCG finals.

Bizarrely given all of the previous events, the giants are one of the teams we match up on pretty well now. Buckley and taylor will be a problem as I'm pretty sure Taylor was out last time, and melican on hogan gives me the frighteners after that third quarter in Tasmania.

Their small forwards are also a problem. But if we can beat them around the midfield (would be a first for about ten weeks but whatever) we can score against them

I dont care who we select. Really. I dont think there will be a huge difference provided the four ins come in.

I'd be pretty pissed if I were a dogs fan.
But I'm not so I absolutely love it!!!!
Go Hawks!!!

At least one of them lose and I'll take the Dogs losing first.

Simply put we need to win 3 straight games no ifs buts or maybes 3 straight wins and by finishing top 4 we get the right to have two chances to start the 3 win chain, and top 2 gives us the chance to do it all at home

Horse certainly has some tough calls to make.

To help, I’ve scrolled back through Bigfooty to ascertain which players haven’t been subject to howls demanding they be dropped this season.

In summary:

Gulden
Grundy
McInerney
Papley
McCartin
Chad
Heeney
Melican (surprisingly)

All others have been whipped at times & therefore clearly should not be selected for such an important final.

I dunno how you missed Taylor Adams, Amartey, Florent, Mills, Parker & Campbell

Tackling machine Cleary had one tackle on the weekend and averages 1.2 per game for the season.
True. Not sure tackle numbers are the stat to use, or even using stats at all.

Clearly Cleary is a better pressure forward by watching the game. Better against the Dons, was still zipping around putting pressure on until the end, set the tone early with that smother leading to a Parker goal.

Parker is either an inside mid or a medium marking target / stoppage forward. That's not Cleary's role and if he's not there, then it's got to be Campbell, Fox, or even Florent doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back