Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, Daniel Garb has said Toby Bedford is in doubt for them and will be tested later in the week

I think Adams as a sub in a finals game could be crucial as it another experienced set of eyes that can guide through the younger guys, I think the last dropping is between Lloyd, Campbell and Adams and one of the two that survives will be sub. Experience tells me Campbell axe Adams sub. Head says Lloyd axe Campbell sub

Your free to leave big footy, i'm well within my right to counter anything you say and im also well within my right to stay on big footy
You're both welcome to say what you want on Bigfooty, providing it's on topic and not just attacking each other. If you disagree on a topic, discuss that topic without resorting to slinging personal attacks or the comments will be deleted, as I've just done for a handful of comments.

You're both welcome to say what you want on Bigfooty, providing it's on topic and not just attacking each other. If you disagree on a topic, discuss that topic without resorting to slinging personal attacks or the comments will be deleted, as I've just done for a handful of comments.

I disagree with you, you bastard

Hi all, I’m a new poster so be kind. Just posting as went to training today and wanted to just give bit of intel. Was a very light training session so can’t read too much into it, but Paps and Juzzy did look good and were up and about running etc.

Most surprising was that Will Hayward was not training and was seen by a few people in his causal clothes. Hopefully he is ok and trains later in the week.
I still find it strange that there were several reporters at training on Monday who surely saw Will wasn't training, and didn't even ask any follow up questions on it today.

The nearly midweek 10 less obvious reasons of why we will win:

1. Our defence looks the best it has all year, and with Tmac back and General Mills in defence, even if they get I50’s, we can repel it. See Essendon game if in doubt.

2. Kieran Briggs is sore. So by 6.30pm Saturday he will also be a sore loser. Grundy will start roving and we will get repeat clearances.

3. Coniglio is underdone. He’s nowhere near his best and I’m glad he’s playing as it will give us an advantage as we run through him.

4. Bedford will not be able to match it with Chad. He’s a test to play and I hope he does, no way he can put the clamps on Chad all game unless he’s 100% and Chad 80% - not the other way around.

5. Papley back is a game changer. He creates opposition panic and is rearing to go and he’ll be on full battery. So when the 3 talls spill it, he will be ready to pounce.

6. We will not lose the clearances. GWS are Tom G reliant and do about as badly as we do. And they will require Briggs at his best, which he’s not.

7. Umpiring. Yes, umpiring. The free kick differential ladder shows GWS faring poorly whilst we are middle of the road. So at it’s worst we break even when normally we start 2-3 goals behind every match.

8. Eric Gulden. Wins the award every time. He just knows how to play them so expecting a high disposal game.

9. Toby the dad. Lacks the win at all costs killer instinct he once had. Means that we can cover him better than we once could.

10. Jesse - double teamed. Whenever we do this, he doesn’t kick a bag. When he doesn’t kick a bag, they don’t score enough to win.

JHWF - elite form analyst, second round interviewee with SEN.

Also worth remembering people can choose who they want to discuss things with.

1. Our defence looks the best it has all year, and with Tmac back and General Mills in defence, even if they get I50’s, we can repel it. See Essendon game if in doubt.

2. Kieran Briggs is sore. So by 6.30pm Saturday he will also be a sore loser. Grundy will start roving and we will get repeat clearances.

3. Coniglio is underdone. He’s nowhere near his best and I’m glad he’s playing as it will give us an advantage as we run through him.

4. Bedford will not be able to match it with Chad. He’s a test to play and I hope he does, no way he can put the clamps on Chad all game unless he’s 100% and Chad 80% - not the other way around.

5. Papley back is a game changer. He creates opposition panic and is rearing to go and he’ll be on full battery. So when the 3 talls spill it, he will be ready to pounce.

6. We will not lose the clearances. GWS are Tom G reliant and do about as badly as we do. And they will require Briggs at his best, which he’s not.

7. Umpiring. Yes, umpiring. The free kick differential ladder shows GWS faring poorly whilst we are middle of the road. So at it’s worst we break even when normally we start 2-3 goals behind every match.

8. Eric Gulden. Wins the award every time. He just knows how to play them so expecting a high disposal game.

9. Toby the dad. Lacks the win at all costs killer instinct he once had. Means that we can cover him better than we once could.

10. Jesse - double teamed. Whenever we do this, he doesn’t kick a bag. When he doesn’t kick a bag, they don’t score enough to win.

God I love your posts JHWF, never change 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good job.

Especially the Greene stuff - he’s dangerous, but just not as angry as he was.

I still want Rampe covering him in the GWS fwd 50.

Will see Saturday

It will be a tough game

Won’t be as easy as yiu think

Also our defence is 7th best atm , wanna get better to go all the way. Premiership are built from there

Last edited:
Will see Saturday

It will be a tough game

Won’t be as easy as yiu think

Also our defence is 7th best atm , wanna get better to go all the way. Premiership are built from there
Feel like the defence rankings are super tight this year. Can't deny it happened but the Port blowout is really the sole reason we are not no.1. Even just a bad loss and we would have been no.1¡

All very positive points like fast carbs.

Some reservations/cautions to over optimism due to AFL enforced bye intake stifling rational thought and starving of usual weekly AFL diet intake:

1. Papley underdone. The long time out of the side has me thinking his touch, thought processes and team chemistry will be underdone.
2. McInerney underdone. Ditto, See Papley underdone above.
3. Still have not overcome slow starts completely. Hoping improvement in this area and capitalization of goal scoring when we are playing well. eg kick straight.
4. AFL may be covertly manipulating umpiring to enable GWS to take its turn winning the flag like Bravedogs in 2016.

Hoping for dry days, fast open play, Swans wins and no AFL umpiring interference.

Swans by 30. The Giants are soulless idiots who don’t have what it takes to go all the way.
0 supporters and about the same amount of heart when it comes to playing the Swannies.

The fact that this will be the fourth time these two teams have met in finals already, is quite extraordinary when you consider there’s only been one other local derby final in AFL history - Crows Vs Port, 2005.

Suns have yet to play finals full stop, and Freo and Eagles have yet to meet in any final.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back