Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope we come out like we’re actually on in the contest from the get go because we don’t have a hardend Adams to come in and solve the lack of appetite for contest in the first quarter.

I like how Campbell was in for his solid month. I assume he’ll be sub though.

No real surprises.

Feel really bad for Adams, but if we're being honest, he's probably number 24 on the pecking order.

Conversely, am elated for Campbell's selection....I just hope he can have an impact.

Cleary will be disappointed, but his time will come.

Campbell got to show up. I feel one bad game and he is straight out for Adams.
I think even a different opponent with a deeper midfield and a slower gamestyle and Campbell will be changed with Adams. Even if its just for the sub role

If true that Horse & co were picking between Adams and Parker, doesn't that just prove my point? That they seem to have a limit for how many hard nuts they are willing to play, but not outside types, which shows where their focus for the team is?
Actually, your reverse logic makes sense. 👍

Yes, a ‘running team’ justifies Adam’s omission.

But so does Parker’s inclusion.

Just depends which angle you come at it from. 😉

Nice flow. Good vibes. Good selections.

Thanks Horse. I just want to give you a bit of an insight into the Saturday afternoon team. We’re a bunch of unique individuals – Jmac, Heeney ,Mccartin, Papley and myself. We’re gonna engage with our minds and our hearts. We’re gonna exchange ideas, thoughts and even our energy. And to speak from your heart you need to have courage. You need to be honest and authentic. We’re not always gonna get it right. And sometimes, you’re not going to agree with us. But that’s okay, because just like you we care. Just like you, we’re passionate about the game. So if you want to come along for the ride, join us on Saturday arvo, because we just love the footy.
Always good to have some Kirky vibes in September!

Probably our strongest team on paper for the season. Feel for Adams. Glad we retained Campbell, and Fox is probably the best choice for sub, as he can chop out at either end and has shown he's finals calibre in the past.

Sometimes you just gotta make tough calls. Pies fans are going to be disgusting on social media too
Fox isn't in the 23 so can't be sub.

It's the first time in a while that we've had a full strength team so no doubt Adams is stiff to miss out. He's played a good role in the team and has played every game whilst being available but that also came at the expense of Parker being out.

It seemed that Adams was one of the main players keeping Parker out of the team when he was back from suspension, but since Parkers revitalised himself as a forward and we have players coming back in, the lift doors have closed on him.

I just hope that we really turn up in the contested stuff. Probably one of the strongest sides we've fielded this season anyway. Paps & Juzzy need a big one too.

Well there you go. Didn't see Adams being dropped coming. It's a fair call though and everyone knows that last player left out was going to be unlucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely no surprises. The players who they said looked likely are in. I hope we go all out & win this one. We need to get a final back on them. I will be watching very nervously in Laos.

Four thoughts from me:
  1. Great to see positive selections based on how we want to play. Our brand is hard running and elite kicking. The coaches have backed the players who can deliver this, to also bring intensity at the contest in finals footy.
  2. Congratulations to Parker for making himself a first 18 lock. It’s been a really tough year for him and he has shown plenty of resilience and good spirit. His team mates will feel taller with him on the ground, and he will cherish every second on the field in September.
  3. I really feel for Adams but I think the right call was made. Something tells me he will have an opportunity to work his way back in. I am sure he will be working his arse off.
  4. I’m not sure we got the sub right. If it is Macca, he can no doubt make an impact, but what if his knee doesn’t hold up? If it is Campbell, I don’t think he is being played to his strengths. He is fast but he can struggle to find the pill - will he make an impact? I think we need to think of the sub as a ‘position’ and not just the 23rd best running player. I reckon Fox would be a stronger sub than most other players on our list. He can play almost any position on the park, while still bringing pace and hard running. I wonder if we have missed a trick here…

Umpires: Curtis Deboy (11), Andrew Stephens (12), Brendan Hosking (16), Jacob Mollison (32)
Stevic will be doing the dogs hawks game, idiot head Williamson is doing Carlton Brisbane. But stevic , seeing as he was made all Australian, Will umpire the GF (bar being run over by a tram) I swear he has to have photos of people high up in the AFL to keep getting picked.

Talking to a friend of mine who was a high performance physio prior to becoming an orthopaedic surgeon. He reckons we start with McInerney. His reasoning is that it's better for JMac's hammy if he starts after a comprehensive warm-up as opposed to coming in midway through a game. Spinning the legs on a bike and a few sprints up and down the sideline prior to entering a final is a sure fire path to re-injury.

Four thoughts from me:
  1. Great to see positive selections based on how we want to play. Our brand is hard running and elite kicking. The coaches have backed the players who can deliver this, to also bring intensity at the contest in finals footy.
  2. Congratulations to Parker for making himself a first 18 lock. It’s been a really tough year for him and he has shown plenty of resilience and good spirit. His team mates will feel taller with him on the ground, and he will cherish every second on the field in September.
  3. I really feel for Adams but I think the right call was made. Something tells me he will have an opportunity to work his way back in. I am sure he will be working his arse off.
  4. I’m not sure we got the sub right. If it is Macca, he can no doubt make an impact, but what if his knee doesn’t hold up? If it is Campbell, I don’t think he is being played to his strengths. He is fast but he can struggle to find the pill - will he make an impact? I think we need to think of the sub as a ‘position’ and not just the 23rd best running player. I reckon Fox would be a stronger sub than most other players on our list. He can play almost any position on the park, while still bringing pace and hard running. I wonder if we have missed a trick here…

I think Horse picks his best 23 and not the best 22 plus best sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back