Preview Qualifying Final - Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel for Adams, but no one's entitled to a spot. It's a long season and he's just unlucky he wasn't bringing his best when it mattered most.

The worry for me is we lack hard bodies, guys that can stick tackles and win hard balls and bring real heat off the ball.

Needless to say the pressure is on guys like Campbell and the returnees in Papley & McInerney to bring that real physicality and pressure that we've lost in Adams and Cleary.

Make no mistake if we lose and the intensity is poor Adam’s and Cleary will be back for the semi.

Just popping in to say Taylor Adams omitted, WOW!! not that I disagree with it. Just that I wasn't expecting it.

Big call. Gotta feel for the guy. But there's still a chance for him to claw his way back into thw side.

Make no mistake if we lose and the intensity is poor Adam’s and Cleary will be back for the semi.

I think Cleary would need some injuries to hit to get back in

Campbell has had a good month so I think it's the right call but suspect he is sub.

Bit of pressure on the guys in now to perform as Adams and both Fox bring a reliability we will miss now . But the upside to a Campbell and
the guns coming back is higher right now
Yeah not saying I disagree with it really, but it is a worry.

There's pros and cons to every player, hell I was even thinking I'd rather Cleary in the team over Lloyd who I'm the biggest fan of, so it's a good place for the team and the match selection committee to be in.

I just look at this team and wonder if we are really any different from the team that's been beaten up on in previous finals due to a lack of 'the hard stuff.' Have we made the same mistake of having too many lighter types who are great and flashy but they don't have that toughness that will hold up in a tight final, etc.

Yeah not saying I disagree with it really, but it is a worry.

There's pros and cons to every player, hell I was even thinking I'd rather Cleary in the team over Lloyd who I'm the biggest fan of, so it's a good place for the team and the match selection committee to be in.

I just look at this team and wonder if we are really any different from the team that's been beaten up on in previous finals due to a lack of 'the hard stuff.' Have we made the same mistake of having too many lighter types who are great and flashy but they don't have that toughness that will hold up in a tight final, etc.

I think we are going to try and run teams off their and feet and apply pressure that way, keep the ball off the opposition. I think backing the guys who played our best makes sense.

This is an interesting game for a few , Parker and Campbell both need to deliver against a good side for instance this year and Amartey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably our strongest team on paper for the season. Feel for Adams. Glad we retained Campbell, and Fox is probably the best choice for sub, as he can chop out at either end and has shown he's finals calibre in the past.

Sometimes you just gotta make tough calls. Pies fans are going to be disgusting on social media too

I think it's the wrong call leaving out Adams (experienced) and fox (second bog in Grand Final), but hey, if we get a couple of injuries like I suspect we will (as the giants are a filthy, thuggish team), they'll definitely come in handy as they'll be well rested for either the semi or preliminary.

Even if Bedford is out and he's a good tagger, I'm certain the giants will find an easy replacement and pressure will be through the roof for both teams.

I'd go Jmac, if there is any doubt over his knee

I think Jmac must be fit and we need him , be bloody surprised if he is sub. If there is doubt then just bring Adams back imo.

I think sub will be Campbell most likely

We need to win the ruck and have Heeney Jmac Gulden Warner etc run them off their feet.

Paps Hayward Parker keep it forward . The talls just need to break even.

Florent, Blakey, Mills, Rowbottom etc etc it's a nice paced side

I think we are going to try and run teams off their and feet and apply pressure that way, keep the ball off the opposition. I think backing the guys who played our best makes sense.
I just don't know if that will hold up in finals, but we'll see. As you said the talent is all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back